They looked at nothing!!! Just asked a few questions:

1) When did you two meet?

2) Where does he work

3) Do you plan to marry when you arrive in America

4) Have you or your fiance married before

She said sign here and you will get your visa TODAY at 4:00. That's it!! They also complimented her three times on her english. Nicola wore a really nice outfit that we bought from G2000 here in China for less than $100 and I think it made a difference. She said they never looked at our financial papers or ANYTHING!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also forgot to say that we woke up at 6 AM were in line at 6:35 were let inside at 6:50 and then she was the first to get interviewed and came out with her approval by 9:20. Waking up a little earlier helped save us time because there were about 60 people inside waiting to get interviewed and they probably came 30 or so mins later. I think the clothes helped a little because its an interview and just gives a good impression. You can't lose asking your fiance to dress nice it can only help.

congrats!!! and the little kitty saz.. cool!

and way to go on the early entry. Great to get them out of your hair and have the rest of the day to lok around GZ.

I think Bea and I will try the same.. get up early and hope to finish quickly and get the visa the same day..wow!! :)

Mark and Bea and Mr Tuckerzowie....

Congratulations to you Nicola and Sam, it's so nice to hear the good news, and thank you for sharing the interview questions with all of us in the waiting. I wonder if all those 60 people were there for K visas interviews, and if the Consulate schedules all the interviews in the morning. BTW, I agree that the nice clothing really helps on causing a good first impression.

Congratulations!! :)

That's great news. I really do think they often make up their minds to a large extent before the interview. They know whether they will basically just ask a few routine questions and call it a day, or grill them.

It's great to hear it went so well for you two. So when is she coming to the US? Flying back with you?

Congratulations! You must be so happy :P

I have to admit it makes it harder knowing that those of you who applied after me are getting your loved one's visas first.

It doesn't at all dampen my enthusiasm for your success, so please don't take it that way.

It just makes me feel like I am stuck in an endless traffic jam way back behind miles of freeway entrances. Makes me want to drive down the emergency vehicle only lane or get out and jump on a motorcycle so I can weave in and out of all the other stalled out motorists.