Has anybody received a P4 in the last 2 weeks?

Ok, this topic seems to be hot for now.

Has anybody received a P4 from GZ in the last 2 (or 3) weeks? Members of the Candle, 001, or other BBS systems?

What about P3 packets?

Please post dates of the P3/P4 along with the date of the previous action such as the date the P3 was returned to GZ.

Hopefully we can get an idea of what is going on.

Also, let's build a list of the most recent P4 recipients and the dates that they were sent (as well as the P3 return dates).

----- Clifford -----

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this topic seems to be hot for now.

Has anybody received a P4 from GZ in the last 2 (or 3) weeks?  Members of the Candle, 001, or other BBS systems?

What about P3 packets?

Please post dates of the P3/P4 along with the date of the previous action such as the date the P3 was returned to GZ.

Hopefully we can get an idea of what is going on.

Also, let's build a list of the most recent P4 recipients and the dates that they were sent (as well as the P3 return dates).

----- Clifford -----

Great idea Clifford. It looks like there is something out of the normal realm of waiting going on.

Trigg

I have been keeping an eye on this site, 001, and Jerry's k1k3 site, and put together this list... I think I am missing some p3s that went out after mine. Looks like this all started at the beginning of March, although some poor souls from the February group obviously got passed over. If you assume an average of 1-2 months between sending back the p3 and getting the p4, and take the extended vacation into account, I suppose we are still within the realm of normalcy for the March cases. I keep telling my fiance each week that we should see some movement on the list, and I keep getting proven wrong! There is one case on 001 of someone getting an interview for June 2, although I think there was something atypical about it (can't seem to open 001 right now to check it)...

Name..........................p3 sent to gz

Wing74jafly.................1/12

Rick and Diana............2/2 (p4 on 3/3, interview 4/7)

Siyuanchen.................2/13

AFShiery.....................2/23 (p4 on 3/31, interview5/13)

Linda_wx2002..............2/25

Mark & Ling.................2/25

blsqueaky....................2/25 (p4 on 3/30, interview 5/20)

resp............................2/25

Andrew & Tanya...........3/1 (p4 on 3/27, interview 5/19)

Danny Jade.................3/10

SeaSame....................3/10

Yi Feng.......................3/11

Ïë·É189.......................3/12

otter5535.....................3/13

kikitong.......................3/14

Seasame.....................3/15

Maggie369...................3/15

Linda2004....................3/15

Saedalama..................3/15

Lisalai.........................3/15

xiaoyue600..................3/15

СÃÉ...........................3/17

Lastdancer1.................3/18

ray..............................3/20

lili and patrick...............3/23

Nicola & Sam...............3/24

ÐÒÔ˵Äè..................3/25

qiqi_c..........................3/25

leeminger.....................3/25

grace926......................3/29

Kathleen3388................3/29

Rod & MM.....................4/1

Ë®¾§Ö®Áµ..................4/1

Se lang.........................4/1

Luckyfish......................4/2

MoonCarolCafe..............4/2

Julius............................4/5

Melanie.........................4/5

Phil & Mariah.................4/7

Ï£Íûhope........................4/6

·¬ÇÑ-8..........................4/8

Hong64us......................4/13

Bryant and Jessica........4/14

jkobman........................4/14

Beibeiyan......................4/15

yycnna..........................4/19

Jim -Portland..................4/21

Turtle.............................4/25

Bryan_Qunying..............4/26

PJ.................................5/11

Well, I can at least confirm they're sending P3s. Candy received hers last week.

I'm really quite concerned about the lack of movement on the P4s myself.

Hate this waiting and not being able to do anything about it. :rolleyes:

P.J.

Ok,

So as far as anybody knows, there have been essentially no P4 packets sent in about a month, and the last of the interviews are scheduled for next week.

While this may be some response to the Call Center fiasco, it seems to be contrary to what GZ has been telling people. We also need to remind the powers that are involved that these are US Citizens that are waiting to reunite their families.

I would say that we need to elect a few representatives to send some notes, and perhaps make a few calls up the chain, as well as perhaps schedule a meeting with the some of the higher level managers at the facility.

Turtle.... obviously shows interest in the subject enough to put together a list.

Resp .... Perhaps has waited the longest for the P4.

Otter5535..... Also expressing an interest.

olemanoman1950 .... Also vocal on the issue.

Hypoclear (Mark) .... Happens to be in China now.... He would be a good candidate if we wish to arrange a meeting, although I believe he is still waiting for the P3.

P.J. .... While newly awaiting for the P4, he has been a a tremendous asset to our group by creating the Candle.

Who else will be in China in the next few weeks?

Who wants to take the proverbial BULL BY THE HORNS?

Ok,

So as far as anybody knows, there have been essentially no P4 packets sent in about a month, and the last of the interviews are scheduled for next week.

While this may be some response to the Call Center fiasco, it seems to be contrary to what GZ has been telling people.  We also need to remind the powers that are involved that these are US Citizens that are waiting to reunite their families.

I would say that we need to elect a few representatives to send some notes, and perhaps make a few calls up the chain, as well as perhaps schedule a meeting with the some of the higher level managers at the facility.

Turtle.... obviously shows interest in the subject enough to put together a list.

Resp .... Perhaps has waited the longest for the P4.

Otter5535..... Also expressing an interest.

olemanoman1950 .... Also vocal on the issue.

Hypoclear (Mark) ....  Happens to be in China now.... He would be a good candidate if we wish to arrange a meeting, although I believe he is still waiting for the P3.

P.J. ....  While newly awaiting for the P4, he has been a a tremendous asset to our group by creating the Candle.

Who else will be in China in the next few weeks?

Who wants to take the proverbial BULL BY THE HORNS?

This same thing was tried, I think about last October by Owenkrout and I can't remember who else. They went to GZ and actually had an appointment if my memory serves me. The result was anything but productive.

Don't get me wrong! Maybe a few of you might have better luck, but I think you'll just be limited to the Thursday Night Q&A GZ already has set up for K1 & K3.

It is always nice to get the latest news from the source, but if you or anyone else isn't going to be in GZ to do this, you might just be spending all that extra money for the only satisfaction that you were able to find the location.

My thinking is that in the past this has not worked! Good luck anyway!

Bryan

King is already there and seems to have his thumb on the pulse of GZ and seems to be on speaking terms with Linda D he has also already posted what he has been told, I would think if this is the tourist season(Money) and the call center causing extra work load we won't see much until July since GZ according to their website wont send P4 until a month before interview I would guess we will see P4's end of June. Just my take on it.

Well, I sent an email today asking about the rumored delays...  Hopefully I'll get something more than a canned response...

I sent something similar last week and they responded very fast with a canned response saying they are trying to schedule her an interview, funny thing was I wasn't even asking that.

Here is what I just sent GZ I will post the response as soon as I get one.

I understand you are very busy processing applications but can you at least have a real person read the questions I asked and answer that question I already got the canned response now I need a real answer.

3rd attempt

I was planning on scheduling a trip in Aug after my fiancée had an interview however I have heard that interviews are already being scheduled out to July an Aug, Can you confirm the current range out to when interviews have been scheduled so far, so I can readjust my plans?

I would think if this is the tourist season(Money)

Interesting hypothesis....

Of course, once my honey gets here, I am anticipating spending a bit extra money right here in the USA.....

Until she gets here, I will continue sending money out of the USA.

How much work does it really take to grant interviews to the K1-K4 applicants, perhaps 20-30 or so a day? If the interviews are 5 minutes each, then that would be around 2 hours of work a day, plus a little more to stamp the passports. All of the work could be done by just a couple of Visa Officers, especially if they had a good secretary..... Hmmm, for 30 apps a day, at $100 per app, that would bring in about $3,000 / day, enough money to hire quite a few workers.

I think it will be great if someone could attend the weekly meeting at GZ and ask what's the deal with the K visas at this moment. Mark would definitely be a candidate if it were not for the fact that he's so upset about the matter, I'm afraid something terrible might happen in the middle of it. I would give it one more week though.

Mari;

Yes you are correct in that I'm upset, but this morning I have been thinking of how to approach thenin such away that we might get more than more of the same response.

We certainly all have valid and ligitimate complaints and I believe the number 1 complaint would be the lack of information and this unending and unstated end to the visa process. While I am sure they can not tell any of us when it will end and no doubt can not share with us any methods they may use to determine real versis fake applications for a visa. I would guess the thing to ask is how WE can be of help to them?

Do we need to write to our congressmen enmass to make them aware of the lack of staffing at these embassy? Is it confusing work rules, poor staff training, lack of funds, incorrect or not fully articulated job discriptions? etc.

Perhaps with a clear and direct statement of.... there is a problem, can we outline what it actually is and how can we as americans with the rights, powers and duties as citizens we have, work together to resolve this problem? What types of responses do we want, what is economicly feasable and what can actually be implimented in a reasonable time?

And of course ending this with the aknowledgement on our part that we will continue to make a concerned effort, (READ we will cause such a stir) to see that we are able to resolve this in a timely fashion.

Now if things work out as they do mostly, I could see maybe 10 peaople starting and within 2 or 3 months that number would be down to around 3 maybe 2 as is human interest, i.e. I got mine.. fill in the blank ..yours! So with that knowledge a government agency can happly go about it's ineffective business for years with little if any concern about a public outcry as they will be short lived and ineffective.

So Mari you are right I would be too P O'ed to deal with them and maybe not the best person for the job.

Mark and Bea

Mari;

Yes you are correct in that I'm upset, but this morning I have been thinking of how to approach thenin such away that we might get more than more of the same response.

We certainly all have valid and ligitimate complaints and I believe the number 1 complaint would be the lack of information and this unending and unstated end to the visa process. While I am sure they can not tell any of us when it will end and no doubt can not share with us any methods they may use to determine real versis fake applications for a visa. I would guess the thing to ask is how WE can be of help to them?

Do we need to write to our congressmen enmass to make them aware of the lack of staffing at these embassy? Is it confusing work rules, poor staff training, lack of funds, incorrect or not fully articulated job discriptions? etc.

Perhaps with a clear and direct statement of.... there is a problem, can we outline what it actually is and how can we as americans with the rights, powers and duties as citizens we have, work together to resolve this problem? What types of responses do we want, what is economicly feasable and what can actually be implimented in a reasonable time?

And of course ending this with the aknowledgement on our part that we will continue to make a concerned effort, (READ we will cause such a stir) to see that we are able to resolve this in a timely fashion.

Now if things work out as they do mostly, I could see maybe 10 peaople starting and within 2 or 3 months that number would be down to around 3 maybe 2 as is human interest, i.e. I got mine.. fill in the blank ..yours! So with that knowledge a government agency can happly go about it's ineffective business for years with little if any concern about a public outcry as they will be short lived and ineffective.

So Mari you are right I would be too P O'ed to deal with them and maybe not the best person for the job.

Mark and Bea

This would work in a corporation after 6 weeks of evaluation by a committee of the clueless, A full production sample run, Buy in by marketing and approval by the CFO, But we are dealing with the government it will require a committee of the aimless to draft a mission statement to be approved by the next senate meeting at which time they will request $1,000,000,000 for studies into the feasibility of such a process after which they will implement world wide with a total lack of training or planning and think they did us a favor by doing it.