Has anybody received a P4 in the last 2 weeks?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am somewhat puzzled.

GZ seems to indicate that they are so busy with visa interviews that they don't have time to schedule any more.

However, starting next week, they don't have a single tourist visa appointment scheduled. And, as far as we can tell, the week after next they will run out of K1-K4, CR1 & IR1 visa interviews.

Obviously there are other types of visas, but I find it odd, and frustrating that they would actually stop or drag to a halt the interviews for fiancees and spouses, perhaps prioritizing us lower than others categories.

-----------------

I would suggest writing a letter to Linda Donahue listing dates of our sampling of 50 applicants (no names) who have returned their P3 packets without getting the P4.

We could then request that she confirms a list of future interview appointements for Fiancee and spouse visas (K1-K4, CR1, IR1) listing dates and visa types without names for the next 3 months.

If there are very few interviews scheduled, then we could request at least 20-30 interviews per day be reserved for our group of applicants. If there are approximately 200 interview days a year, that would give 4000 - 6000 interviews a year which is close to a stable based on previous research.

A final issue....

According to the GZ notes on the web, the will attempt to prioritize the visa process for pregnant couples.... --->>>> Mark and Bea have patiently waited for about a year and it is time for them to be moved to the front of the list.

We need a volunteer, and I can dig up Linda Donahue's contact info if necessary.

----- Clifford ------

I believe that 6 months ago when there were significant delays with the P3 packets, we got a postive response from Linda Donahue. Perhaps the result was quicker interviews for many people for several months.... Only now does that seem to be breaking down again.

Yes I am also waiting for P4, I want some info also, this is unbearable.

Apparently there is only one person having an interview in June. What is that?

I am in China, but not a good candidate to talk with them as my mood and temper is not suitable at this time, and I am in Beijing.

I filed my case about a year ago, I should be home by now.

A final issue....

According to the GZ notes on the web, the will attempt to prioritize the visa process for pregnant couples.... --->>>> Mark and Bea have patiently waited for about a year and it is time for them to be moved to the front of the list.

We need a volunteer, and I can dig up Linda Donahue's contact info if necessary.

----- Clifford ------

Thanks Cliff;

Bea and I were just talking about that the last few days. On the one hand we thought why bother as we are so close and etc.. etc.. on the other Bea thought why not?

Today is monday May 17th and we are going to the doctor for week 14 and will get paper work stating this. I again have not recieved a reply to my polite and breif email to them which of course includes mention of the fact she is pregnant.

So if anyone has her email please letme know.. PM or email me and if you would rather it stay private I will agree to this as well, BUT will also ask some more general questions regarding visas.

Thanks

Mark and Bea

Ok,

I have sent Linda Donahue's info to Hypoclear and Turtle. Hopefully they will have a chance to write to her and relay the response back to us.

If she doesn't give a reasonable answer, then it would be reasonable for EVERYONE to start sending messages to her. I think they did that a year ago and at least got someone's attention.

----- Clifford -----

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Linda Donahue?

Linda Donahue is the chief of the consular section of the Guangzhou embassy.

She has been somewhat responsive to the needs of applicants in the the past. However, I would recommend only using her as a resource when there are extraordinary issues directly related to GZ.

In this case, hopefully she will respond to a couple of messages sent representing the issues confronted by the group. If not, then another approach is to have everyone who has an issue send a note.

----- Clifford -----

Turtle, se_lang, mark,

Please do keep me in the loop as to what you hear. I am also very concerned about the recent lack of P4s. I hate not having anything solid to tell my fiancee, it's causing us a lot of stress. :rolleyes:

P.J.

It's a little after 9:30 tue morning here in China. I have just email to linda D regarding Bea's visa and CFL.

I'd rather not post in public what I have written but if you pm me I will try and send a copy along to you.... putting on my boots now waiting for the flood!!,,heheh ;)

Please be pa.... awww heck you all know the rest. :rolleyes: :P

Mark and Bea

Turtle, se_lang, mark,

Please do keep me in the loop as to what you hear.  I am also very concerned about the recent lack of P4s.  I hate not having anything solid to tell my fiancee, it's causing us a lot of stress. :P

P.J.

P.J. ...... Welcome to the feeling of frustration and helplessness, and not knowing what the future will bring ;)

Of course, I know you are all too familiar with the feeling. :rolleyes:

I wish you all the best of luck with speedy interviews. I am sure all will be worked out soon enough.

This probably isn't even worth sharing, but I received a very short response from the GZ consulate yesterday. I very politely asked about any information to explain the delays, and asked for a "best guess" on when my fiancee might expect the P4 interview packet (they got the P3 around end of March). They said:

"The case is ready for scheduling. Please wait.

IV Unit"

Yes, that's all of it. Wish they would post something on their web site to give us a little more to go on.

Greg

129F Submitted (VSC) On....... 10/19/2003

NOA1 Dated On................. 10/22/2003

NOA2 Dated On................. 12/03/2003

Cleared NVC On................ 01/05/2004

P3 Received by Fiancee On..... 03/15/2004 (est.)

P3 Mailed by Fiancee On....... 03/25/2004 (est.)

P3 Received by Guangzhou On... 04/02/2004 (est.)

P4 Received by Fiancee On..... not yet

This probably isn't even worth sharing, but I received a very short response from the GZ consulate yesterday.  I very politely asked about any information to explain the delays, and asked for a "best guess" on when my fiancee might expect the P4 interview packet (they got the P3 around end of March).  They said:

"The case is ready for scheduling. Please wait.

IV Unit"

Yes, that's all of it.  Wish they would post something on their web site to give us a little more to go on.

Greg

129F Submitted (VSC) On....... 10/19/2003

NOA1 Dated On................. 10/22/2003

NOA2 Dated On................. 12/03/2003

Cleared NVC On................ 01/05/2004

P3 Received by Fiancee On..... 03/15/2004 (est.)

P3 Mailed by Fiancee On....... 03/25/2004 (est.)

P3 Received by Guangzhou On... 04/02/2004 (est.)

P4 Received by Fiancee On..... not yet

I have gotten 2 of those so far, Heck if she is ready for scheduling then schedule it.