Passed K3 Interview

Ok everybody. It's in the bag. Interviewed on Thursday morning, visa issued the same day at 4:00 pm. K3 and K4 successful.

Details:

I finally arrived at GZ via Inchon , Korea at 12:30 pm on Monday the 15th.

My wife and sons medical was scheduled for Monday morning at 8:00, and by the time I arrived, they had finished the medical exam, and were waiting for me at the airport.

My wife said that the medical was easy, the staff at the Shamian hospital was efficient and kind, and definitely know the ropes. For a few dollars more, they guaranteed the results to be ready by wed, since the interview was on thursday. They had one question which was asked by every single person including the VO. The invitation letter had my sons name and birthday completely wrong. I put a single stroke line through the wrong name and birthdate, and wrote the correct data below it. Everyone asked "who changed this?" My wife always responded, "my husband".

We were walking back to the hotel (Guangzhou Youth Hostel - 160 yuan a day, good room) when we bumped into Squeakys wife. (Awesome lady, Squeak)

BEFORE I FORGET, MANY THANKS TO SQUEAKYS WIFE, LING, FOR HER INVALUABLE KNOWLEDGE AND HELP ON THIS ISLAND

That evening, Squeakys wife, Ling took us out for a meal, then I reviewed all of Squeakys paperwork, and organized evrything for P4 and their interview.

LESSON LEARNED: Even though "professionals " on the island can fill in your paperwork for you, do not trust anything!!! Squeakys paperwork was not correct, but I will leave it to him to tell about that.

NOTE: ANY ONE ELSE WITH A WIFE OR FIANCE WHO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE PAPER WORK CHECKED, OR TALK TO MY WIFE ABOUT THE INTERVIEW, WE WILL BE AT THE GUANGZHOU YOUTH HOSTEL ON SHAMIAN ISLAND UNTIL THE 23RD.

Every single morning and afternoon, I walk to the consulate and watch everything. The success rate has been very high this week.

On Tuesday, we went to the CITIC Branch on Beijing rode to pay the visa fee's - about a 20 min bus ride each way.

On wed morning at 8:00 we went back to the Shamian Clinic to pick up the medical results. At that time, the hospital staff took all of the paperwork, checked it and enclosed it all in a sealed envelope, with the visa payment rec. as well. Also the tube with the chest x-ray.

Thursday morning, the scheduled interview was at 8:30, so we arrived at 7:30. The ten or so people that were there were admitted immediately into the consulate. I waited outside for the next 3 hours. One american husband tried to go in with his wife and was asked to leave. When 2 more guards showed up, he did leave.

Although the interview is 3 - 5 min, the rest of the time for my wife was just waiting. It is clear that they operate from a list, and I strongly believe that your interviewing VO is already selected. You just wait until they can take you.

My wife and son had window 9, an African/American lady. Very nice my wife said.

The interview:

VO:Was your husband born in Africa?

W: Yes. Both his parents are American and were working there.

VO: What year was your husband born?

W: 1954, in Africa

VO: How many times has your husband come to see you?

W: Every 3 to 4 months, about 15 times now.

VO: Wow! thats alot ! He must really love you.

W: Yes he does. After 3 months we just miss each other to much.

W: Do you want to see our marriage documents?

VO: NO, not necessary. Let me see some pictures.

VO: Who are these people?

Wife: They are my husbands parents. They came to see me last month.

VO: Really!!?

VO: You don't have much english how do you communicate?

Wife: We talk on the telephone twice a day. My husbant speaks some pretty good Chinese. Do you want to see the phone records?

VO: No, not necessary

VO: Who changed the name on the P4 invitation letter?

Wife: My husband did it. He e-mailed the consulate many times, and tried to call them about the error with no response from GZ.

VO: OK, no problem. Welcome to America, you have the visa.

Wife: Ok, thanks bye bye.

She then got the white slip of paper, and was told to come back in the afternoon with her Chinese identity card to pick up the passport.

We went back at 4:00 and were almost the last ones to be called for the passport. We were given the infamous sealed brown envelope, the passport, andmy original photos and airline tickests I had submitted as proof, I think for the I-129F. I was surprised to see that pile of stuff.

Anyway, thats all I know about that.

I had absolute peace through the whole process untill we actually waited to pick up the visa. As her name was nearly the last to be called, I was starting to get nervous.

It has truly been an experience. I would'nt miss it for the world, but I'd never want to go through it again.

Dean

Hurray for you Dean!!!! Sure you can't stay in GZ until April 13 and check Bings papers? I is nice to hear that there are more approvals. Also nice to see that the CFL approval streak continues. Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your trip.