20 months K-1 AP for CCP

I've been in administrative processing for more than 20 months since the K1 visa interview due to my former CCP membership. Don't know what to do :-(

Fiance get senators office involved? 20 months is way to long, sounds more like they denied and revoked.

Another option is have fiance try to withdraw the petition and go to China and get married then file a new spouse visa petition, only after getting senators office to ask the department of state what is happening.

• Like 1

Yes, we tried the senator about six months ago. And at last, the senator's office mailed a letter to my fiance with the same reply saying it's still under administrative processing and to be patient blah blah blah. Basically, because it's not denied, they can't do anything about it. And at a later time, we wrote to Vice President, after a couple months, we got a reply! USCIS assistance office opened a case on our behalf, but the reply was similar, saying our case would be best handled by U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou and they also provided a legal advise link in case we need it. Not helpful at all.

Wow, I feel for you. I really do't expect you to answer here but is your fiance or maybe someone in her family a senior party official? 20 months is the longest I have ever heard. I think Dan's advice to withdraw and then get married might be advisable but I might try and talk with a lawyer like Mark Ellis to get his take before I actually withdraw the petition.

We waited almost two years after initially being rejected for her not knowing English. We sent in a receipt for an English school and got no response. The lawyer we hired kept writing letters and finally wrote a full Demand letter, which basically said we will sue if you don't answer.

We got the visa approval in two weeks.

• Like 1

We waited almost two years after initially being rejected for her not knowing English. We sent in a receipt for an English school and got no response. The lawyer we hired kept writing letters and finally wrote a full Demand letter, which basically said we will sue if you don't answer.

Fantastic anecdote. You might refer some people on here to your lawyer, who was able to get actual results!

• Like 1

Wow, I feel for you. I really do't expect you to answer here but is your fiance or maybe someone in her family a senior party official? 20 months is the longest I have ever heard. I think Dan's advice to withdraw and then get married might be advisable but I might try and talk with a lawyer like Mark Ellis to get his take before I actually withdraw the petition.

Uh, thanks for your advice. But you might have mistaken here. I'm the beneficiary, and no, there's no other senior party member in my family. And i joined it in college for an easier access to scholarship, no other reasons. And I think we'll talk to a lawyer later.

Fantastic anecdote. You might refer some people on here to your lawyer, who was able to get actual results!

http://asl-lawfirm.com/?src=Adwords&med=cpc&cam=Allan%20Lolly&random=6904720342778761276&network=g&matchtype=e&keyword=allan%20s%20lolly%20%26%20associates&locp=9030078&loci=&gclid=CI7YvNn1ycYCFYQpjgodQ70A3A

Allan Lolly & Associates. Don't be turned off by paralegals. Tami is good if you can get her. And Allan sticks by you.

Logically, a simple thing (like very strong familial party connections) might cause a faster decision (like rejection), not drag it out for 20+ months.

Denials actually happen very fast (most happen on the day of the interview). So, their mind is open about your application.

Do you check your updates at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx ?

Choose "immigrant" and enter your GUZ number from the email they sent you 21 months ago. See when the last update is. It's only a date, but it is something.

I/We will be curious to know what caused such a long processing time.