How Long will NVC take to schedule interview?

Ok, on the serious side. Question. What would you do.

Talking with customer service. I asked if I need to what for an email to resubmit.

She said, no need. I resubmitted the corrected I-864A using the original cover sheet.

The original cover sheet has the GUZ number. It has been switched to a GZO number.

This time I did not get the automatic response about "This email is for submission of documents ... blah, blah , blah"

Now we got an email asking for re-submission of document.

It said to include the new letter when sending re-submitted documents.

I am tempted to resubmit them again with the new letter.

Since I did not receive the auto response.

Think this would muck things up by doing it again?

What would you do?

Talking with customer service. I asked if I need to what for an email to resubmit.

She said, no need. I resubmitted the corrected I-864A using the original cover sheet.

The original cover sheet has the GUZ number. It has been switched to a GZO number.

This time I did not get the automatic response about "This email is for submission of documents ... blah, blah , blah"

What would you do?

I think you're fine as is - that the document would be forwarded automatically to the new file. There are other situations that come up where a similar transfer occurs, including cases that need to be forwarded to a different embassy in a different country, and they seem to go smoothly.

On the other hand, you may have a warmer feeling for sending the document with the new case number.

On the OTHER hand, you may reset the 60-day clock again.

Maybe others can also weigh in.

What would you do?

Resend with your new GZO number also know as electronic processing (EP)

I had no problems getting email confirmation doing EP.

Sometimes it was fast getting email confirmation, Hours to a day or two.

Not sure if you have been to the CEAC site yet but there are two different ones you can check the status of your case.

CEAC login

CEAC case tracker

Just resend your corrected papers again.

You will be fine.

BTW: The 60 day clock starts again.

Mike

(Mike check you PM's)

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

Happy News.....

Got an email yesterday. 44 days after re-submittal.

His interview is set for June 29th.

Almost 2 months. Wow, they are backlogged.

It should have been 2- 3 weeks.

Oh, well. This means he should be able to travel home with Wife's Mom and Dad and our kids.

I emailed all of the documents to NVC on Dec.30. 2014, got requirement to correct one item in 1-864 form. Resent the form on March 7th. Since I didn't get feedback , consciously called NVC to find out if they received it. Finally talked their supervisor, I was told they didn't get it , and asked me to forward the email I sent on March. Forwaded it to NVC , after a week I got an email said they have received all of the neccessary documents and they would let us know when the interview had been scheduled. so far 9 days past I haven't hear from NVC. I called "ask" and was told there was no timeline for them to schedule the interview. What ?! !! Who is in charge for NVC? !!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This just keeps getting more frustrating. Bingning had his interview today. It was approved, but they asked for more documents.

We filed the I-864 with IRS transcripts. They are now requesting Income Tax returns.

What the hell? I thought the IRS tax transcripts were as good as gold.

NVC never said anything about needing returns over transcripts.

Color me confused. He has a letter explaining what they need.

I asked him to email it to us so we can follow the instructions.

Anyone know how we submit these documents?

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Normally, the transcripts ARE just as good as submitting copies of the original returns and accepted as such. But the Visa Officers are free to ask for the returns also, if they feel the need/ get a wild hair up their a$$.

You can submit the documents by emailing to him and having him submit them to the CITIC Bank location, along with a cover sheet.

I suspect you submitted the I-864 to the NVC before you filed your 2014 tax return, so the most recent you submitted at that time was the 2013 return, sounds like they want to see your most recent return the one filed this year for 2014

I suspect you submitted the I-864 to the NVC before you filed your 2014 tax return, so the most recent you submitted at that time was the 2013 return, sounds like they want to see your most recent return the one filed this year for 2014

This was my guess.

2013 the most recent reflects our adjusted gross cut in half. My wife owns a business. We expanded it to another location in 2013.

The leasehold improvements caused a huge depreciation deduction. We got an enormous refund.

This probably caused the visa officer to take note. He most likely wants to see 2014 taxes.

Luckily we have the 2014 tax return. We always file an extension, because it takes time to get them accurate.

Business extension means we have until September 15th. 2014 taxes were filed last week.

This year the AGI returned to normal levels. Way above the poverty level.

Ok, I will wait to see exactly what it is they are requesting.