What are your favorite dishes your wife cook?

Joecy

My husband said "this tastes great" to every dishes I cook, I really don't know which ones are his favorites, which are not so good but he ate anyway. I'm trying western recipes from cooking books these days. Tried a tuna fish ball baked with light cream. Well, this is a recipe from a Chinese cooking book, introducing western food :oneeye:, the 7-yr-old left a lot on the plate .....

Do you guys all enjoy the Chinese dishes your wife cook?

Does your wife try cook western style?

What are you favorite dishes?

My wife stir fries everything. I enjoy her greens mixed with meats the best. She's learned to season her dishes with spices that are more western, as some Asian sauces can be a bit strange to our tastes. Her son, Ning, has been here now for 13 years. He's 27, so he now has western tastes, but still enjoys his mamas food. Ning does the baking. Cooks tri-tip, with mushrooms, green - red and yellow peppers, roasted tomatoes with small potatoes and carrots. http://i61.tinypic.com/awuffa.jpg

Try buying a pre-seasoned tri-tip or other meat. Bake in the oven at around 350 degrees for ~45 mins. Bake some potatoes in the microwave (poke holes in the taters first). Add a fresh uncooked green salad of lettuce, tomatoes and any other vegies you might want to add. :) Traditional meat and potato all-American meal.

Wifie cooks what she knows we like and then cooks food for herself.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Two of the heavens on Earth is to have an Asian wife and a Chinese cook. I love to cook myself and my wife is a fine cook as well. She says I'm to slow when I cook and she afraid that she will become a Lao Po before dinner is ready.

There is a topic on recipes on CFL that is Western style cooking. I hope this may help you. :eatyum:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/14008-favorite-recipes/

• Like 1

Alas I am at a short coming here. My wife can't cook much of anything, Chinese or Western. I envy some of the guys here so much. My wife did not have any time for anything but study, study, study. As I have already said she speaks 7 languages along with all the rest of her studies so she did not have time for anything else. I am an excellent cook. I worked for the Fire department for 30 years for 24 hours on and 24 hours off so if we did not cook for ourselves we would get pretty hungry. She cooks GREAT chilli and spaghetti that I taught her how to cook but since then she won't let me in the kitchen. She says that I make to much of a mess. She is the queen of clean. So we mostly eat out of the can or frozen foods. After about 7 years she started doing the fast food thing and she is still at that as there are 5 of them less than a mile from our house plus two Chinese places.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

One of my absolute favorite dishes Li makes is squash and onions over rice. The squash and onions are grown in our garden and you can't get any fresher than that. We pick the squash, pull the onions, and carry them into the house. The veggies are delicious and she spices them just perfectly. Yum Yum!

• 3 weeks later...

If you have television service watch the Food Channel or the Cooking channel. Learn new words and new 'western' dishes.

My wife cooks all kinds of food including Italian, Chinese, Western, and Mexican.

I don't have a single favorite, I love almost all of them. Right now we are eating zhongsa- mostly mung beans with side pork wrapped in Bamboo leaves and cooked in a boiling pot of water. Last week she made purple potato (Asian yam) moon cakes.

I love hot pot, anything with noodles either as soup or dry, sipcy tofu, fritattas (think of an omellete only finish baking in the oven), We almost never eat a raw salad. We also avoid beef and store bought bacon. Except, she smokes her own bacon using slabs of side pork (pork belly) on the BBQ as a smoker. Works great for smoky flavored fish.

she makes our own low fat sausage using fresh ground low fat pork and turkey. Sometimes she makes them Italian flavor by adding Romano or Parmesan cheese parsley or other herbs of choice.

Our Alaska caught Halibut omelets are great, so are anything made with Salmon patties or scallops.

We like to 'alternate' what we eat. Mexican tacos or burritos for any meal. Pancakes, waffles, French Toast. Experiment with different kinds of bread. Panera seems to make a good, fresh bread without all those store bought bread chemicals.

Try crepes, and I really like the microwaved Chinese style fresh noodles once in a while. These noodles are soft and white color. Maybe they are made from rice flour.

Have fun learning new things!

• Like 1

My American husband doesn't cook at all, as a Chinese wife, I found my husband still likes most of western dishes, or Chinese dishes that's been transformed to American dishes. Such as Kung Pao Chicken, Sweet and sour chicken. He doesn't like Chinese dumplings or hot pot, and he couldn't stand spicy food, maybe mild.

His favorite dish in winter is pot roast beef with potato, carrats and celery in a crock pot, he likes to eat with steamed rice or mashed patatoes, he also enjoys my version of American Chicken and Dumplings, Japanese style of Curry Chicken (with lots of potatoes, carrots again), Baked Honey Chicken, Eggplant sauce pasta ( note: he doesn't like eggplant, but when I make eggplant as pasta sauce, he always enjoys it), Chili soup, Chicken tortilla soup, Sushi ( with no raw fish) ... He also enjoys my own pizza and bread ( I got a bread machine from my in laws on Christmas, it works great).

Overall, my hubby is not a picky eater which I am very glad, he eats everything I cook, except Chinese dumplings or hot pot.

Edited by RubyA (see edit history)
  • Like 2

My wife is an excellent cook:

1. Coke Chicken Wings (though she uses Pepsi)

2. Not sure what it is called but Pork breaded in potato flour.

3. Shrimp in Green Tea

4. She also makes a mean bibimbap which is actually Korean

My wife is an excellent cook:

1. Coke Chicken Wings (though she uses Pepsi)

2. Not sure what it is called but Pork breaded in potato flour.

3. Shrimp in Green Tea

4. She also makes a mean bibimbap which is actually Korean

Shrimp in green team! That's a Chinese restaurant level classy!!