Randy W

The Russians are here! Practicing a routine for their KTV gig in front of our home.

Apparently the company that brings them here has an apt. in our complex that they have them stay in. We've seen others, mostly Eastern Europeans from their accents.

gallery_1846_744_154970.jpg

She hasn't gotten rid of her baby fat yet has she. :mobile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks very light on stock, but catering to obsessive baby-related accessories should be huge there.

I know our child-bearing acquaintances there go full throttle when collecting the must-have trendy items.

And, no, I don't make the connection between the name and the "a simple hello ..." tagline

Looks very light on stock, but catering to obsessive baby-related accessories should be huge there.

I know our child-bearing acquaintances there go full throttle when collecting the must-have trendy items.

And, no, I don't make the connection between the name and the "a simple hello ..." tagline

Yeah - there's nowhere NEAR "a million things" in that store.

I'd give about six months to a year before they hang it up - if it's a good idea, someone will come along with a BETTER one.

My wife is pretty accurate when she points at a new restaurant and says they won't last - not that she has any prescience, it's just that they usually don't.

Yulin is a VERY immature market - it seems like NEW businesses serve mainly to put OLD ones out of business - before they themselves follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...

The wife was hit from behind the other day - that's a little pebble embedded in our bumper cover next to the circle there. She wanted ¥500, but they said they had insurance, so we have to take it to get it fixed - their insurance will pay for it.

gallery_1846_744_130398.jpg

Our perimeter fence washed into the next door construction site during a thunderstorm a few days ago, taking the water main with it.

gallery_1846_744_339450.jpg

We were without water for the better part of one day, so they opened up a single fire hydrant for anyone who needed water by the bucket

gallery_1846_744_717927.jpg

You know back here at home you would have been on TV and at least the 2nd page of the newspaper.

But there, simply open up the hydrant, no big deal, no crowds, no protests, no news copters hovering overhead, no yellow tape and sawhorses blocking for hundreds of feet in all directions, etc...

Night and day difference in how we deal and are dealt with stress/problems here, and make mountains out of mole hills almost daily.

Wouldn't take much more here for us to just pack up and move back for awhile.

Hey by the way, the sidewalk looks quite colorful today.

• 3 weeks later...