Medical Examination - in cases with long delays

hailibu

My fiancee had her K1 interview and medical exam in May. She got a blue slip due to her CCP membership. They requested more documents in July, which we turned in. Now it's September and we're still waiting.

My questions: How long is a Medical Examination valid for? Does it need to still be valid at the time of: 1. Visa issuance and 2. entry into the U.S.? In my case should my fiancee get another medical examination?

If anyone knows the law in this area, please advise. Thank you.

Robert

My fiancee had her K1 interview and medical exam in May. She got a blue slip due to her CCP membership. They requested more documents in July, which we turned in. Now it's September and we're still waiting.

My questions: How long is a Medical Examination valid for? Does it need to still be valid at the time of: 1. Visa issuance and 2. entry into the U.S.? In my case should my fiancee get another medical examination?

If anyone knows the law in this area, please advise. Thank you.

Robert

To clear up what I mentioned on the other thread, when my wife got her approval notice it listed the dates of the expiration of the medical and police report:

1. Medical expired in 180 days from the date of the medical report (this is a little less than six months)

2. Police Report expired a year from the date of the report.

They both have to be valid for the visa issuance, this is not really the issue.

The visa expires at 6 months or the earlier date of the expiration of the two reports, whatever is earliest. So my wife's visa when issue will only be good for about two months since we are 3+ months past the interview.

So the medical will typically control the visa expiration date though for non-standard processing where you renew the medical the police report could come into play.

Also the K-1 could be different, our experience is with a CR-1.

Another issue in K1 cases, is if medical expires while USCIS is processing adjustment of status, USCIS has requested doing a full I-693 medical before approving the green card.

Another issue in K1 cases, is if medical expires while USCIS is processing adjustment of status, USCIS has requested doing a full I-693 medical before approving the green card.

I believe, though, that the USCIS accepts a one-year expiration on the exam

If the civil surgeon conducted the medical exam properly and in keeping with the exam requirements and form edition in effect on that particular date, there is no need to return for a second exam or to have the results recorded on a newer edition of Form I-693, as long as you submit the Form I-693 before its one-year expiration.

That is, unlike DOS/GUZ, as long as the exam is less than a year old, they will accept it for AOS.

USCIS Q&A