Proof we met with in last two years

I was in Beijing from Dec. 22nd to Jan. 2nd 2004 to visit my fiance. We took lots of pictures with a digital camera and some with a regular film camera. The film camera has the date on the picture but the digital pictures do not. I thought We would submit both in the packet. I also have copies of visa with entry and exit stamps, copies of Itinerary from travel agency and copies of plane ticket stubs and all reciepts from shopping, hotel, meals etc....

Will this be enough?

It should be enough for the I-129 F to prove you have met. For the future interview save all your phone records, emails, letters, reciepts for money transfers etc. In short anything you can think of that may help prove you have a valid relationship save.

James,

Welcome to the Candle.

I think I only sent 1 phone receipt and 1 picture to BCIS. We also described our encounter and feelings in the personal statements. My application has cleared all the way to Moscow (where it has been sitting).

Irina should bring additional information with her to the interview, as well as pictures from my second trip to see her.

There is quite a large group of Oregonians on the board. They have even gotten together for a group dinner. Here is an older topic you might browse.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....=3561&hl=oregon

I met Carl. He is very nice. But, unfortunatly I haven't had a chance to meet the rest of the crew.

----- Clifford -----

Yakima?! Why did all that Yakima mad cow beef end up in Portland grocery stores? Couldn't they have sent that stuff to Seattle?! :unsure: Just kidding, welcome to CFL James.

About your pictures ... it was the same thing with me. Of course I'm still waiting for my NOA2 so I'm no bonified expert yet, but ... regarding the digital pictures ... I read on several posts that the USBICINS (sp?) people do like to see dates on the backs of photos.

So I took my digital photos to Wal-Mart and printed them out there, and their machines print the current date onto those print outs. Obviously of course that gives no indication of when the photo was taken (it only indicates when it was printed), but from what I've read that's all the USBCIS people care about - a date on the back.

And yeah, keep copies of everything which shows that you met, and also evidence from when your relationship was developing with her even prior to when you met her.

OH!! One other piece of advice before you submit your I-129F ... your most likely cause for an RFE will be the lame, stupid, and retarted N/A vs. None issue. I'm convinced that the best thing to do is either put "None, N/A" as your answer, or better yet, just write a complete answer, such as "No previous marriages", or whatever. Hope that helps.

I was in Beijing from Dec. 22nd to Jan. 2nd 2004 to visit my fiance. We took lots of pictures with a digital camera and some with a regular film camera. The film camera has the date on the picture but the digital pictures do not. I thought We would submit both in the packet. I also have copies of visa with entry and exit stamps, copies of Itinerary from travel agency and copies of plane ticket stubs and all reciepts from shopping, hotel, meals etc....

Will this be enough?

Plane tickets mean nothing,, proves you bought tickets anybody can by tickets does not mean you were there/in the country!! YOU want the BOARDING PASSES Returning FROM China this proves you were in the country only one way you can get them and that is to board the plane from China. Soo do you think the BCIS knows this??? Also your CREDIT CARD RECIEPTS are excellent proof.. Get certified copies of your passport pages..As far as photos go pictures can be made anywhere however you will need together photos for the interview and some for the BCIS. Of course the best proof of meeting is to walk into any American embassey in the country this case China ask for the Consulate Notory and have them draw up a statement that you appeared before them with your fiance' on such and such a day in the consulate city country etc they do this for American citizens and it is Notorized by the U.S. Gov this is your best proof that you met and were in the country 2nd is the Boarding passes. Don't forget your letter of intent to marry signed by both of you.

Mike :rolleyes:

PS I would not put any dates on photos they move so slow it might make them ask for newer ones..down the road. Remember the only weapon BCIS and DOS have is delay do not give them a chance to say we need better documents/newer pictures.

I too only sent photocopies of pictures that I have. I'm sending the real things to the interview. As far as the digital pictures go, I've been pretty impressed with WalMart as far as printing them. They have two processes, one which basically uses a high-quality ink-jet printer, and another that actually sends the photo to the photomat machine. I'd go with the machine, but it costs a little more.

Yakima?!  Why did all that Yakima mad cow beef end up in Portland grocery stores?  Couldn't they have sent that stuff to Seattle?!   :)   Just kidding, welcome to CFL James.

About your pictures ... it was the same thing with me.  Of course I'm still waiting for my NOA2 so I'm no bonified expert yet, but ... regarding the digital pictures ... I read on several posts that the USBICINS (sp?) people do like to see dates on the backs of photos.

So I took my digital photos to Wal-Mart and printed them out there, and their machines print the current date onto those print outs.  Obviously of course that gives no indication of when the photo was taken (it only indicates when it was printed), but from what I've read that's all the USBCIS people care about -  a date on the back.

And yeah, keep copies of everything which shows that you met, and also evidence from when your relationship was developing with her even prior to when you met her.

OH!!  One other piece of advice before you submit your I-129F ... your most likely cause for an RFE will be the lame, stupid, and retarted N/A vs. None issue.  I'm convinced that the best thing to do is either put "None, N/A" as your answer, or better yet, just write a complete answer, such as "No previous marriages", or whatever.  Hope that helps.

Jim,

I feel your pain about waiting for Your NOA#2. You didn't say if you filled K1 or K3, but my K3 took 161 days for my NOA#2.

As far as writing "N/A" or "None", follow the instructions that come attached with the I-129F. They tell you specifically how they want you to answer. Just putting the word "NO" or any other wording that indicates "NO" is probably not a good idea. I answered all of my questions that were not applicable, with "N/A". I never got an "RFE".

There has been much discussion here on CFL about this very same thing. If you follow the instructions, you should be fine.

Good luck and speed!

Bryan

You have more than I sent, and our interview went fine. I sent about half dozen digital photo prints, and about the same number from a 35mm camera. I sent copies of 2 emails, one snail mail letter to her, copies of all receipts from my trip to Beijing( hotel, meals, taxi, Great Wall entry card, etc.). One thing to really impress, if you have one, would be a group photo of you with her and her family.