Well tsapper.....I figure you is on U.S. soil by now. Hope you surface soon. I know the two of you are tired, but take that snorkel off for a few minutes, take your meds, and say hello to all us bozos on this here bus. B)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well tsapper.....I figure you is on U.S. soil by now. Hope you surface soon. I know the two of you are tired, but take that snorkel off for a few minutes, take your meds, and say hello to all us bozos on this here bus. B)

We made it to Dulles airport last night around 7:30 pm. Went through customs (no more problems for me at all this time) and went through immigration. Wenyan and Fengqi got their IR-1/2 visas stamped and got told to wait a month or two to get their 10 year green cards in the mail but that they oculd travel now it they want to. THey also got told, "Welcome to America".

Everything went smoothly and I was with them both every step of the way through everything.

We got through everything, got our bags and walked out of Homeland Security land to the regular airport and there we got one of the nicest surprises I have ever gotten.

A poster here, ScreamingEagle, his Chinese wife and her daughter, as we'll as Screaming Eagles son and his wife met us. Man, he is one of the nicest people you could meet, as well as his whole family.

They gave Wenyan a glass vase loaded with red roses, two American flags, and gave Fengqi a very special Welcome to the United States card that also had something very special in it as a gift to Fengqi.

I got a hug from this Vietnam vet, a "welcome home" I never got as a vet, and a welcome to America from him.

Our wives chatted, as well as the two of us Nam vets and then my sister and daughter met us up on the arrivals apron and off we went.

If you read this Screaming Eagle, I will be calling you, those gifts you gave Wenyan and Fengqi were incredible. Your heart is a mile wide and you and your family have to be the nicest people I have ever met. To take the hour at least it took for you to drive up from Fresdericksburg, then wait another hour or so to meet us, is beyond compare.

Okay, we visited my sister and her family and my daughter and her boyfriend today and then took off from Herdon, Va and headed west to the PA mountains. We were all three shot and Fngqi slept the whole way....but buddy, I couldn't have given enough money to pay for the joy I got to see in Wenyan's eyes the farther west we drove into the mountains.

Some of her impressions were, "the mountians are so beautiful and big"...."the air is so clear"...."the sky is so blue, I never saw or knew the sky was such different shodes of blue"....."YOu must really love me to say that you would lose this and move to China to live with me if we had a problem in Guangzhou".............

It's late, I'm brain dead from jet lag, and got to start moving some htings into the apartment in the morning.

Two more surprises....my realtor told me he may have a nice house coming up for sale in a week or so, so we may not be in an apartment to long. And after two years, the VA has okayed my two stays in VA PTSD clinics back in 2009 for full temporary 100% pay for the almost 6 months I was in them. THey had denied me twice but clearly were in the wrong with the denials so after 2 years of wait, a decision review officer corrected the mistake and the VA deposited a nice chunk of moola in my bank while I was gone. :lol:

THe money is very nice, but I got the lil' rabbit and Bubba Jr sound asleep in hotel room in Bedford, PA right now.....never letting go of each other and of our dream has finally worked. Wenyan in firmly on American soil now. I am so happy I am giddy....or is that jet lag? I don't know rather to wag my watch, or wind my tail.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

That's a great post Tsap! I'm happy that your struggle with Guangzhou is finally over!

We made it to Dulles airport last night around 7:30 pm. Went through customs (no more problems for me at all this time) and went through immigration. Wenyan and Fengqi got their IR-1/2 visas stamped and got told to wait a month or two to get their 10 year green cards in the mail but that they oculd travel now it they want to. THey also got told, "Welcome to America".

Everything went smoothly and I was with them both every step of the way through everything.

We got through everything, got our bags and walked out of Homeland Security land to the regular airport and there we got one of the nicest surprises I have ever gotten.

A poster here, ScreamingEagle, his Chinese wife and her daughter, as we'll as Screaming Eagles son and his wife met us. Man, he is one of the nicest people you could meet, as well as his whole family.

They gave Wenyan a glass vase loaded with red roses, two American flags, and gave Fengqi a very special Welcome to the United States card that also had something very special in it as a gift to Fengqi.

I got a hug from this Vietnam vet, a "welcome home" I never got as a vet, and a welcome to America from him.

Our wives chatted, as well as the two of us Nam vets and then my sister and daughter met us up on the arrivals apron and off we went.

If you read this Screaming Eagle, I will be calling you, those gifts you gave Wenyan and Fengqi were incredible. Your heart is a mile wide and you and your family have to be the nicest people I have ever met. To take the hour at least it took for you to drive up from Fresdericksburg, then wait another hour or so to meet us, is beyond compare.

Okay, we visited my sister and her family and my daughter and her boyfriend today and then took off from Herdon, Va and headed west to the PA mountains. We were all three shot and Fngqi slept the whole way....but buddy, I couldn't have given enough money to pay for the joy I got to see in Wenyan's eyes the farther west we drove into the mountains.

Some of her impressions were, "the mountians are so beautiful and big"...."the air is so clear"...."the sky is so blue, I never saw or knew the sky was such different shodes of blue"....."YOu must really love me to say that you would lose this and move to China to live with me if we had a problem in Guangzhou".............

It's late, I'm brain dead from jet lag, and got to start moving some htings into the apartment in the morning.

Two more surprises....my realtor told me he may have a nice house coming up for sale in a week or so, so we may not be in an apartment to long. And after two years, the VA has okayed my two stays in VA PTSD clinics back in 2009 for full temporary 100% pay for the almost 6 months I was in them. THey had denied me twice but clearly were in the wrong with the denials so after 2 years of wait, a decision review officer corrected the mistake and the VA deposited a nice chunk of moola in my bank while I was gone. :lol:

THe money is very nice, but I got the lil' rabbit and Bubba Jr sound asleep in hotel room in Bedford, PA right now.....never letting go of each other and of our dream has finally worked. Wenyan in firmly on American soil now. I am so happy I am giddy....or is that jet lag? I don't know rather to wag my watch, or wind my tail.

tsap seui

Tsap, thank you for the kind words! It was truly our pleasure to be there to greet you and your family. You are a true brother and you really deserved a special welcome home ... even if it was 40 years late! I know what it meant to you ... what it means to us. We were all so happy for you, Wenyan and Fengqi that it was hard to contain our excitement at your arrival and triumph! It was also a wonderful experience to meet your American family and see all the support and love they were giving to you and your "new" family as the cars were loaded. We were chattering with excitement in the car all the way home and commenting on what a great experience Wenyan and Fengqi have in store for them as they settle down into their new home and new life! Chaojian, Haiyan and I are only a phone call away my brother. If YOU need anything or if Wenyan or Fengqi need help or advice in understanding their new environment please pick up the phone anytime day or night. As I mentioned to you in the airport, EVERYTHING will be new to them and they will have a tendency to become easily frustrated with the English language, the new fangled machines, stores, shopping and technology in general. It is really important for the wives, sons and daughters to network with other Chinese people and families who are sharing this almost overwhelming experience with them. Don't despair ...they will settle in just fine. Let them rest and get used to the new "clock" ... 12 hours difference. They will find comfort in being able to communicate with their relatives and friends in China via Skype on the computer and telephone as well as having someone here in the U.S. who they can turn too and consult with in their own language ... someone who has gone through the changes and experiences they will now face. Make sure to get them their own cell phones and a stack of calling cards as soon as possible! It will make them feel comfortable, connected and less alienated. A Sony Cyber Shot digital camera and a lap top computer are also essentials. I believe I purchased the Windows 7 Preimum Plus operating system with Chaojian's lap top as it has a Chinese language package included with it. She is on that thing every morning and night and it was really worth the expense to see all the enjoyment she gets from it. You will also have to download the Chinese QQ program on the machine as well as that will allow our ladies and their families and friends both in the U.S. and China to remain "connected"! Let the technician install it for you and save yourself a headache!

I had the same experience with Chaojian concerning the sky, the fresh air and THE CLOUDS! She took pictures of the sky and clouds for almost a month after she got here and only stopped after I assured her that they will always be there for her to enjoy. Speaking of the fresh air ... do you remember what it was like when you came back from over seas and after touch down on the Freedom Bird when they opened the door and let that beautiful U.S. air into the plane? Never in my life have I ever smelled anything sweeter and it is one of those wonderful memories I will carry with me to the big dirt nap.

Well, Tsap, I will sign 30 for now and wait to hear from you. Don't rush anything. Relax and enjoy your time together with Wenyan and Fengqi ... settle in and wind down. The dream is now a reality, my brother! We'll set up a visit as soon as you feel it is right for you. I am so happy for you guys and will look forward to getting together soon!

Richard

WELCOME HOME TSAP AND FAMILY!!!!!!!

:greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob:

So glad this long-awaited dream has finally come true for you, tsap. And yes, it was great to read about Screamin' Eagle and his special welcome home for you. If ever a man deserved it, it is you. I don't know you Eagle, but from the bottom of this old 91A10 Combat Medic's heart, thanks a bunch for thinkin' of cuzin' tsapper.

Get some rest and I'll see if I can surface that Stevie Ray post you didn't get to see while you were in China.

Edited by Mick (see edit history)

Welcome home Tsap and your new family. I know you have many adventures planned for them and many things for them to see, If your ever down the ole eastern shore way let me know. Glad your journey for your happiness has come home to you where you belong and you will show these two the time of there lifes. Best to you Tsap

Welcome home Tsap and your new family. I know you have many adventures planned for them and many things for them to see, If your ever down the ole eastern shore way let me know. Glad your journey for your happiness has come home to you where you belong and you will show these two the time of there lifes. Best to you Tsap

Thanks TK, and thanks again to everyone of you guys. I am so swamped right now and I want to thank each one of you personally. We're just starting the American Experience but you guys carried me through the visa process. I will NEVER forget that.

Richard (Screaming Eagle).....buddy, I will be calling you as well as Wenyan....you and your selfless deed has touched our hearts. I am totally floored. You guys and your caring ways are beyond compare. I have NEVER seen anything like the goodness you guys have extended to us.

I am so beat right now, fought jet lag all day today getting the new place set up. Tomorrow night will be our first night out of a hotel here at home. It will only be a blur as it will be so temporary but it will be special. Friday I start dealing with the school here for Fengqi.

We will get, and stay in touch with you and Chaojian. And thanks for the adjustment tips.

Thanks brother.

Ron