Wasn't sure where to put this...being a new guy to this stage. :lol:

I have studied the customs lines coming in to America from many trips to China and I've asked at Dulles airport in Washington, DC about which line to get into, so I'm okay with that.

My question is what documents, should I make sure they GET, when Wenyan and Fengqi go through their end of the process?

To be specific, they are coming in with IR-1 and IR-2 visas.

Thanks for your help. I am so excited with this approaching day, I can't think clearly. :lol:

tsap seui

3 more days and a wake up....look out Captain America

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to go through the "Immigrants/Visitors" line, unless directed otherwise.

As for what to provide to POE officer, they will need the Brown Envelopes and passport with attached visa. On plane flight, you will fill out the normal custom's declaration form (No need to declare any things of personal nature), however since Spouse and Child are using IR-1 and IR-2 visas and are immigrants, they do not need to fill out the I-94 card, I-94 is for NON-Immigrants like K or B Visas.

As for what to provide to POE officer, they will need the Brown Envelopes and passport with attached visa. On plane flight, you will fill out the normal custom's declaration form (No need to declare any things of personal nature), however since Spouse and Child are using IR-1 and IR-2 visas and are immigrants, they do not need to fill out the I-94 card, I-94 is for NON-Immigrants like K or B Visas.

Thanks much Dan.

What, if any, form will the officers give them, or put into their passports? I want to make sure no details are left out when we walk out the door into the clear air of a summers Washington evening and American family meets Chinese family.

I think it "usually" takes 10 days or so to get their 10 year greencards (which aren't green). :)

tsap seui

Thanks much Dan.

What, if any, form will the officers give them, or put into their passports? I want to make sure no details are left out when we walk out the door into the clear air of a summers Washington evening and American family meets Chinese family.

I think it "usually" takes 10 days or so to get their 10 year greencards (which aren't green). :)

tsap seui

No form given or placed in passport, they will endorce the visa with a rubber stamp, the visa will act as a green-card until actual card arrives in the mail.

hey maybe you should look for the immigration officer that gave you such a thorough inspection last time you came back. ask his dumb ass if he wants to inspect you again this time with your wife and son with you.

Thanks for reminding me Robert. I have my complaint letter and the Homeland Security's responce on hand, right on top of my carry on bag, should another punk in a uniform decide to drag out his little weenie and try and impress me with it. :lol: Should that happen again, and just after I pull out my Johnson and show him what a REAL male reproductive organ should look like, I will loudly call for his supervisor and get this "computer crap" straightened out. :lol:

I got detained at the Newark POE, this time I won't have any planes to catch and will be at home in Washington.

Hope all is well with you.

tsap seui

Thanks much Dan.

tsap seui

No form given or placed in passport, they will endorce the visa with a rubber stamp, the visa will act as a green-card until actual card arrives in the mail.

I hear you loud and clear, buddy. Thanks for all the help through this process.

Five years ago and on VJ it was you, with your cat avatar, who as you advised another fellow about Candle that directed me here. I have never forgotten that and have thanked you endlessly, in my mind.

a greatful tsap seui

I love it when you're all giddy with 'antisiptin' - Tsap, and youz the one guy with a rite to it ~ ! keep that thar' letter on top the carry off --- but in-stink tells me ----- like that dead skunk in the middle ofa' road --- Ku-mU mncain' like NO OTHER offical letter ------ You ain't gonna have a problem, this time. Jus' keep us informed.... and eta' tained.

A serious CONGRATULATIONS are in order.

Remember having a few discussions before I came to the AOS side. Glad to be catching up with what I have missed and seeing your success. Well deserved!!!

Spent a lot of years in the military. And I never get tired of the phrase...LET'S BRING THEM ALL HOME!!!

So Congrats and bringing them HOME!

Henry

A serious CONGRATULATIONS are in order.

Remember having a few discussions before I came to the AOS side. Glad to be catching up with what I have missed and seeing your success. Well deserved!!!

Spent a lot of years in the military. And I never get tired of the phrase...LET'S BRING THEM ALL HOME!!!

So Congrats and bringing them HOME!

Henry

Thanks Henry. I remember your lady getting her visa and was thrilled for you guy's success. I trust all is well now and will be in your future.

Yep, August 15th this old soldier is getting on the "freedom bird" and heading home with his family. :) We are thrilled. And although Fushun isn't overbeaingly hot we're going home to the PA mountains where the temps are in the 70's and 80's in the daytime with lows in the upper 50's and low 60's for the evenings....perfect weather form my tastes and likes. :D

I can't wait for my wife to see fall in the mountains.....it's like a patchwork tapestry of colors....ahhhhh, I could ramble on for hours. :lol:

tsap seui

Five years ago and on VJ it was you, with your cat avatar, who as you advised another fellow about Candle that directed me here. I have never forgotten that and have thanked you endlessly, in my mind.

a greatful tsap seui

Crazy, 5 years, at that time my wife and I were waiting for I-129F to be processed.

I have watched your struggle and truly enjoy your good humor.

PA is not far from NY we are in western NY so yes I know what the fall colors are like, perhaps some time could get together for a visit.

a greatful tsap seui

Crazy, 5 years, at that time my wife and I were waiting for I-129F to be processed.

I have watched your struggle and truly enjoy your good humor.

PA is not far from NY we are in western NY so yes I know what the fall colors are like, perhaps some time could get together for a visit.

Dan, that would be a great, and very doable idea.

The other night we were watching a Chinese movie and it had Niagra Falls in the background for some of the scenes. I told Wenyan I could take her there and she smiled and said, okay.

It is a beautiful drive through some very heavely forested PA mountains. Once we get settled in this year maybe a trip there in the spring or fall next year should be put on the list. It would be nice to meet you and your wife, and introduce Wenyan to who lead me to the University of Immigration, here on Candle. :)

Again, thanks for the directions to Candle, and for the help and links to bring lil' rabbit home.

tsap seui

2 more days, a wake up, and we'll be America bound

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)