Just got this from the NVC:

The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case.

The Principal Applicant and any other Applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the United

States must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following

website for instructions:

http://immigrantvisas.state.gov (click on the link for "submit Visa application and civil documents")

Please submit the Immigrant Visa Application form(s) and required supporting documents for each

Applicant in one package to the National Visa Center; sending this information separately will delay

your visa.

WTF I sent all of that stuff on 9/12. Perhaps they don't have it in their upload system? Reckon I oughta call them?

When you send it, you get an email saying they got received it and wait up to "20 days"... so they are in those 20 days. Until a person processes it, they think it is "waiting" for something.

I got this all the time. I submit and they told me they are still waiting on it, etc...

From the date I sent the IV docs to their completion was 9 days.

I got this as well. I think the reason for this particular email I got was that I didn't write the gzo # in the upper right hand corner of all documents. You know me....stoopid da man. I resubmitted.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good News: Both cases are complete at NVC. I expected to hear about 2-3 weeks after the IV docs were sent but they reviewed and finalized in 10 days. My guess is we'll get an interview date in mid- to late-Oct, which would put our entire process at 8 months.

I discovered some shortcuts which I'll pass along in a write-up

David, it took the NVC 10 days from my last e-mail of IV evidence until I got the e-mail from NVCElectronic stating that they were finished with the processing on the case.

Then, the very next day, I got an e-mail from NVCInquiry which gave me the P-4 packet and interview date.

If you got the NVCElectronic e-mail stating they have finished with the case on Sept 12th then you should soon have the NVCInquiry e-mail with the interview date and P-4 packet...maybe today.

Good luck in Guano and the interview.

tsap seui

Ok.. just got notice of my Interview for Oct. 18. That puts me just under 8 months for the whole process despite losing about 3 weeks to an RFE, lost file, and a business trip I went on.

It also is telling that I get a date only 4 weeks out. I suspect they can schedule out about 8 weeks since the next 'round' of scheduling is not until Oct. 10-14 and they cannot schedule an interview within a few weeks of that since nobody would have time to get there; Ergo, each round probably has about 8 weeks to schedule with, but I got a date of 4 weeks out.

This is something we saw in the past; the last dates set were the soonest; like they schedule the first people towards the end of the opening and move towards the closest times... We can test this with anyone having a Oct interview but we have not have enough data points to say anything conclusively.

My opinion would be that if you do not get an interview in this round then you will not get a interview date until Nov. 1 at the earliest and Dec...

If you got the NVCElectronic e-mail stating they have finished with the case on Sept 12th then you should soon have the NVCInquiry e-mail with the interview date and P-4 packet...maybe today.

The only thing more scary than someone hanging around an immigration process for 4-5 years is when they can say with a high degree of certainty EXACTLY when someone will get their notice... and be CORRECT !

The only thing more scary than someone hanging around an immigration process for 4-5 years is when they can say with a high degree of certainty EXACTLY when someone will get their notice... and be CORRECT !

Well, scary as it is.....good luck at the interview buddy.

More and more, Fushun is losing their best to America.

tsap seui

ok... so the papers says: Sept. 18 at 12:30.

Is that document turn-in (day 1) or is that the actual chat with the VO at the window (day 2) ?

For a note to everyone here - when it says 12:30, that's DEFINITELY document intake. The interview lines schedule for 7:30AM.

Is that document turn-in (day 1) or is that the actual chat with the VO at the window (day 2) ?

For a note to everyone here - when it says 12:30, that's DEFINITELY document intake. The interview lines schedule for 7:30AM.

I assumed that... but I would be in the dog house if I was wrong for some reason...

and I ASSume you mean 7:30am as in the next [second] day.

I assumed that... but I would be in the dog house if I was wrong for some reason...

and I ASSume you mean 7:30am as in the next [second] day.

Ayup!

My case was completed today. Any idea on an interview date Dawei?

Good news !

Based on my crystal ball and NVC's once a month scheduling , you will get slotted during the week of Oct. 10-14. Based on what my wife saw on 001, the fastest schedules were 23 days out. Which means you would be looking at a window of Nov. 7 to Dec. 10. If their 'first-in, latest-set' holds true, then Dec is more possible. Let's see

My understanding is that once you get the GUZ #, you can "Opt-in" to the electronic process.. no need to wait for them !!

I got the GUZ number from the automated phone service. As Tsap says, you have to wait for the NVC to send the email that has instructions for opt in.

Thought I documented this? Pinned at top of general visa discussion and first steps forum...

http://candleforlove...g-for-i-130cr1/

Once you have GUZ# you can email NVC to optin to e-Process.

http://travel.state..../visa_5162.html

I got the GUZ number from the automated phone service. As Tsap says, you have to wait for the NVC to send the email that has instructions for opt in.

Thought I documented this? Pinned at top of general visa discussion and first steps forum...

http://candleforlove...g-for-i-130cr1/

Once you have GUZ# you can email NVC to optin to e-Process.

http://travel.state..../visa_5162.html

And I wrote it here too:

I did as the guy explained and sent the DS-3032 to one email and the OPTIN to another.

I got back emails the same day that the OPTIN was accepted, so this is really fast turnaround on this request.

I still don't even have the P2.5, so this is a good lesson that it is not needed to start with NVC. As soon as they get it entered in the computer, YOU can start and don't need to wait for them.

There are two valid ways to send the DS-3032, and one can do it as soon as they get the GUZ# (forget the P2.5):

1. Send it as an attachment to the OPTIN email (NVCelectronic)

2. Send it separately to the inquery email (NVCinquery)

Most here have done it as #1. I did it as #2. Why? The NVC operator said that better ensured it got to the correct group since the DS-3032 really has nothing to do with the electronic process exclusively; so those guys have to pass it off to the correct group; he said just send it directly to them.

I think it does not matter at all which way you do it. Do whatever is most comfortable but the moral of the story is: Forget about the P2.5 notice; call and get the GUZ# and send both of these in ASAP.

My case was completed today. Any idea on an interview date Dawei?

Good news !

Based on my crystal ball and NVC's once a month scheduling , you will get slotted during the week of Oct. 10-14. Based on what my wife saw on 001, the fastest schedules were 23 days out. Which means you would be looking at a window of Nov. 7 to Dec. 10. If their 'first-in, latest-set' holds true, then Dec is more possible. Let's see

The email said that they were unable to predict when the interview will be.

Seems their crystal ball is out for repair.