Hey everyone (I'd say "Hey guy's" but I have seen (and I mean it in a good way) the women here lately)

My fianc¨¦es interview will be coming up soon and I want her to be as prepared as she can be. I have had several (more than two) divorces and I think they will focus on this at her interview. She does not think it will be a problem since she is aware of them and knows the circumstances surrounding them. I, on the other hand, do not want to discount the impact this will have on her interview.

With that said, can I get some feedback on what we can expect her to be questioned on? Surely, at least one other person has had several divorces and went through the process and can give me some insight on what they will ask her (I'll stop calling you Shirley ).

Basically what I'm looking for is a list of the questions that Guz has thrown at the beneficiary in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.

While there is growing pressure from the 'human trafficking' crowd---to paint with a broad brush any relationship between a foreign woman and an American man as exploitive on its face---particularly if there is a wide age difference--- (Oregon liberal Senator Ron Widen being one of the leaders in that movement) ---and thus, examples of multiple (failed) relationships with other women could raise red flags---that particular theory hasn't (yet) as far as I know, taken official root at State.

As it stands now, it would be much more questionable if the partitioner's applicant had multiple divorces, as evidence of an invalid relationship. If you have both had a number of divorces, could be trouble --- or at least, a very pointed---fact specific, fast, blunt questions directed at the applicant. Quick, right unflinching answers avoid the blue.

My boyfriend had 3 marriages before he met me , I am waiting for my K1 --P4 .If you have minor children fr previous marriages ,she may need such documents as your ex wife's driver's liscence copy , her ssn, her phone number, her home address,etc ,and a statement fr you in details about the previous marriage (did you mention it ?forgot )

Thank you for your attention. We can live with "Hey guy's". In Chinese, it simply means "Ge Men er". Girls can be "Ge Men er" as well

No experience since it is the first marriage for both me and my husband. But I strongly suggest you take a look at "Consulate Review" at Visajourney which list many questions related to ex-marriages.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=China&page=1&dfilter=5

Such as:

How many children does he have, their names, genders, etc?

Was he married before?

Why did he divorce?......

Good luck to her interview. By the way from your picture you posted, it seems she is young.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Hey everyone (I'd say "Hey guy's" but I have seen (and I mean it in a good way) the women here lately)

My fianc¨¦es interview will be coming up soon and I want her to be as prepared as she can be. I have had several (more than two) divorces and I think they will focus on this at her interview. She does not think it will be a problem since she is aware of them and knows the circumstances surrounding them. I, on the other hand, do not want to discount the impact this will have on her interview.

With that said, can I get some feedback on what we can expect her to be questioned on? Surely, at least one other person has had several divorces and went through the process and can give me some insight on what they will ask her (I'll stop calling you Shirley ).

Basically what I'm looking for is a list of the questions that Guz has thrown at the beneficiary in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.

My wife recently had her successful interview and I also had more than two divorces including one that was officially finalized the day before my first trip to China to meet her. At the interview she was asked how many times was I divorced, did she know about all the divorces, were there any children and why my last marriage ended in divorce? I made sure my wife knew all my history and especially the details of my last relationship. I also had prepared a letter for her to bring to the interview explaining the details of my last divorce. She did not need to show the letter probably because she was able to verbalize the details sufficiently.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Thank you for your attention. We can live with "Hey guy's". In Chinese, it simply means "Ge Men er". Girls can be "Ge Men er" as well

No experience since it is the first marriage for both me and my husband. But I strongly suggest you take a look at "Consulate Review" at Visajourney which list many questions related to ex-marriages.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=China&page=1&dfilter=5

Such as:

How many children does he have, their names, genders, etc?

Was he married before?

Why did he divorce?......

Good luck to her interview. By the way from your picture you posted, it seems she is young.

There is a long compiled list of interview Q&A here on Candle too, in FAQ.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Questions_Final1.htm

From what I have been told, as long as you have front loaded all things in your application, you should be fine.

Expect a lot of questions about previous marriages. Have her know all details as best you can to where they are now and why you divorced.

Also expect her to maybe get one of the tougher VO's.

This is what I have been told to expect and I have divorces from 2 Chinese women.

Be very well prepared and wish you the best of luck.

Paul

There is no way to tell what the VO will ask . I assume you have front loaded everything that is critical to support that your relationship is a bonafide one .

The basic thing that they are interested is whether or not the relationship is entered solely for the purpose of immigration to the United States . If so, then, visa is denied .For K1 , the denial rate is high and from this forum's discussion , often. USCIS will let it expire .

To answer your question , if your relationship is a bonafide one and your case is convincing enough to the eyes of USCIS and VO , then , visa wil be granted if you meet other requirments such as income, health check , CCP , and criminal check.

Again, the law doesn't prevent you from bringing her even if you had been married 10 X before and have 30 off springs so long as the relationship is not entered solely for immigration purpose only.The burden of proof in on you to show this bonafide relationship !!!

All of these complicated craps happen because too many people want to immigrate to the United States ( over 1 millon a year ) and many of them commit frauds . China for one is the 2nd largest country in the world that sends many immigrants to the US , next to Mexico . China is also a high fraud country. Combining these two factors together, we shall expect they will scrutinize everyone that is applying for visa from China much more than someone who is coming from Australia or EU , for example.

Edited by bullmastiff (see edit history)

Thanks everyone. I'll fill in some of the blanks and answer questions that have been posed.

I front loaded all the information that I thought would be a question for the visa. As for why we did not marry in China, the answer is that we did not want to be apart after we were married. She has only had one previous marriage. I am the one with multiple marriages. One of my marriages lasted one month shy of 20 years. Neither one of us have minor children so that is not an issue for us. We are only 11 years apart in age. I look much younger now than I did in that picture. Maybe it's time to change it. I did provide the last known information I had regarding my last wife. I have provided my fianc¨¦e with all the information I sent in my petition and we have discussed my previous marriages in depth. I have been entirely open about everything. She has met my children on yahoo messenger and has spoken with them several times in video chat. I even provided my fianc¨¦e with a death certificate for my recently deceased daughter from my first marriage.

I don't have any concerns about proving a bona fide relationship. I have been there 4 times with the last visit being 3 weeks over the new year. We went to Thailand together for a week during that time with a Chinese tour group. We have more than enough pictures with us together with her family and also with others around us in public places. My only concern was in regard to my previous marriages.

I sure hope we get the lucky duck. (hats off to Tsap for that phrase)

Thanks everyone. I'll fill in some of the blanks and answer questions that have been posed.

I front loaded all the information that I thought would be a question for the visa. As for why we did not marry in China, the answer is that we did not want to be apart after we were married. She has only had one previous marriage. I am the one with multiple marriages. One of my marriages lasted one month shy of 20 years. Neither one of us have minor children so that is not an issue for us. We are only 11 years apart in age. I look much younger now than I did in that picture. Maybe it's time to change it. I did provide the last known information I had regarding my last wife. I have provided my fianc¨¦e with all the information I sent in my petition and we have discussed my previous marriages in depth. I have been entirely open about everything. She has met my children on yahoo messenger and has spoken with them several times in video chat. I even provided my fianc¨¦e with a death certificate for my recently deceased daughter from my first marriage.

I don't have any concerns about proving a bona fide relationship. I have been there 4 times with the last visit being 3 weeks over the new year. We went to Thailand together for a week during that time with a Chinese tour group. We have more than enough pictures with us together with her family and also with others around us in public places. My only concern was in regard to my previous marriages.

I sure hope we get the lucky duck. (hats off to Tsap for that phrase)

Sounds to me Mr Red that you have covered all of yore bases. Now git the place cleaned up and git ready to receive yore trainin.

PS. I provide my then fiancee with all of the info of my previous marriages and all that did was give her ammo for the mop slaps to come.

good to go . just bring in all the photos and documents , just in case.

answer every question to the point ; don't linger around and don't volunteer anything that is not asked for . relax and don't be tense.

one more thing ; how do you communicate ? in Chinese , in English, in Chinlish , in Sichuan dialect ?

ÎÒÃÇʹÓÃһЩÆÕͨ»°¡¢Ò»Ð©Ó¢ÓïºÍºÜ¶àÖÐʽӢÓïÁË¡£

ÎÒÂýÂýµØѧϰÁËËÄ´¨»°¡£

We use some Mandarin, some English, and a lot of Chinglish.

I'm slowly learning the Sichuan dialect.

Be sure to tell exactly how she wants to be interviewed in on the 1st day during document collection stage.

Mandarin, English, Chinglish or Sichuan-hua .