June interview group.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we would get at least 3 weeks notice for the interview but that is my fault for assuming. My wife was able to get a expedited 2 day passport. And will be getting her medical done tomorrow. Now just gotta pass that interview. Since we will be the first group to go I will be first to rejoice or cry.

I am preparing to go to Guangzhou Sunday with a "one-way" ticket. My wife got her interview notice Tuesday 24 May saying the interview was 1 June. After she received a call confirming her address it took 3 weeks to get the papers. Now we are stressed trying to make all the arrangements, but I am so thankful because it has worked out that I will be there a day ahead of her interview.

We have all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed. Maybe, just maybe this will be our lucky time. During her interview I will wait outside hoping for success..... and probably almost as nervous as her..

My wife got her Chinese passport and medical done this week. She has a friend who works in the Chinese immigration office that helped her get the passport in 2 days with no extra charge. I would have loved to go there this weekend but had to settle for June 11 week. And also did anyone else not get a notice in their interview invitation for document turn in date. The letter my wife got just had the interview date but nothing about document turn in day. Did GUZ change their process to interview day only? My wife is still going to GUZ building on may 31 to turn in her docs just in case. My wife grew up in Guangzhou so she knows the city like the back of her hand which is a plus not having to worry about not finding GUZ building and that pesky to find post office some people have hard time locating.

My wife is scared to death of having to speak english and having the VO misunderstand her. I told her to answer in English if she understands and thinks she can answer back in english like yes/no questions or simple one two word answers. I have confidence in my wife and there are no red flags I can think of for our case. No ccp, no large age gap, I make way over 125% poverty line, neither of us have kids but wants kids, We did all the paper work ourselves thanks to the internet forms like CDL and VF.

Turns out my wife went to the GUZ Consulate and asked them about the interview and document turn in. They do interviews in chinese if you want. Now I'll have the gitters until June 1.

My wife got her Chinese passport and medical done this week.

Glad to know you and your wife work everything out. The date on interview appointment letter is the time and date for documents hand-in. After she does that, a stamp will be put on her interview letter to inform her come back next day for interview.

Documents hand-in is in Chinese. Interview is in Chinese if you ask for it. Take a look at the thread below where some people did get an interview in Chinese. But it really depends on what happens at interview. I recommend interview in English unless you guys communicate in Chinese.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/305673-interview-englishchinese-china/page__p__4648450__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=4648450

Good Luck!! Go Pink!

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

For my wife, Mandarin all the way since I don't understand Sichuan dialect nor I care about it .

So, she'll interview in Mandarin.

For forum members who speak Mandarin with their spouses and their English is limited , why not use Mandarin all the way for interview ? There is absolutely no need trying to impress the officer with your English's skill.

I think GZ speaks Mandarin and Cantonese. Any other dialects , you are free to bring your own translator.

I read somewhere that someone speaks Tibetan only so the person brought translator.

Even for United States Naturalization interview , one can bring a translator . Strange , huh ! but, that's the way it is.

Just got a call from my wife after her interview while she was waiting in the post office line. She got the pink paper and we are both overjoyed. I already booked flights so now need to book hotels.

My wife said she saw lots of people get denials and was starting to get nervous. She assume the people who started crying as they left the interview windows got denials. She had to wait 3 hours before her number was called. She got a white male as her interviewer who spoke perfect mandarin according to my wife. My wife did the interview in English and here is how it went:

1. My wife first greeted the VO with a "hello how are you" and the VO replied back to my wife in English.

2. VO asked if she spoke English. My wife replied "I speak a little bit of English"

3. Vo ask my wife for our pictures which my wife gave him and she stated he took a long look at all the pictures. I visited my wife 3 times so we put each visit pictures in a labeled zip lock bag and labeled each pictures with places and names of people in the pictures. We did not include any of our professional taken wedding pictures. I did have my wife include our reception dinner pictures.

4. VO asked my wife "what does your husband do for a job" that is a quot from what my wife said. My wife replied with "He work as a computer tech". On all our forms I put computer tech as my profession so it matches.

5. VO asked "how many time have your husband visited". My wife answered 3 times and gave month and year.

6. last question VO asked "have you every been to US". My wife answered "no"

7. VO asked my wife to please sit down and called her back after 5 min gave her the pink paper and said to her "now you can go to the US"

Looks like June is starting out good for us and hope the best for the rest of the group.

Just got a call from my wife after her interview while she was waiting in the post office line. She got the pink paper and we are both overjoyed. I already booked flights so now need to book hotels.

My wife said she saw lots of people get denials and was starting to get nervous. She assume the people who started crying as they left the interview windows got denials. She had to wait 3 hours before her number was called. She got a white male as her interviewer who spoke perfect mandarin according to my wife. My wife did the interview in English and here is how it went:

1. My wife first greeted the VO with a "hello how are you" and the VO replied back to my wife in English.

2. VO asked if she spoke English. My wife replied "I speak a little bit of English"

3. Vo ask my wife for our pictures which my wife gave him and she stated he took a long look at all the pictures. I visited my wife 3 times so we put each visit pictures in a labeled zip lock bag and labeled each pictures with places and names of people in the pictures. We did not include any of our professional taken wedding pictures. I did have my wife include our reception dinner pictures.

4. VO asked my wife "what does your husband do for a job" that is a quot from what my wife said. My wife replied with "He work as a computer tech". On all our forms I put computer tech as my profession so it matches.

5. VO asked "how many time have your husband visited". My wife answered 3 times and gave month and year.

7. VO asked my wife to please sit down and called her back after 5 min gave her the pink paper and said to her "now you can go to the US"

Looks like June is starting out good for us and hope the best for the rest of the group.

Congrats, I would say that is definitely the best way to start the Month of June.

Congrats, I would say that is definitely the best way to start the Month of June.

Yep, great news for you . HAve a happy future.

tsap seui

Hello everyone...!!... My wife passed.(finally after more than 2 years waiting)... HURRAY.. The paper turn in was 1 June with interview on 2 June. All the leg work paid off.... everything in order.. Now we are in Guangzhou waiting for the visa. With any luck perhaps before the end of the week. If anyone is interested in details I would be happy to share...just ask the question...

I sincerely appreciate all the kindness shown on this website. It helps to know others experiences and be able to vent to an understanding group.

Hello everyone...!!... My wife passed.(finally after more than 2 years waiting)... HURRAY.. The paper turn in was 1 June with interview on 2 June. All the leg work paid off.... everything in order.. Now we are in Guangzhou waiting for the visa. With any luck perhaps before the end of the week. If anyone is interested in details I would be happy to share...just ask the question...

I sincerely appreciate all the kindness shown on this website. It helps to know others experiences and be able to vent to an understanding group.

Good to hear the news Wayne. Have a very happy future.

tsap seui

And good luck to the couple on June 21st, I hope it works out fine.

Congrats