I think we're finished at last

Our picture you see now was taken in Yangshou. I been there twice. Great deals on fake Polo shirts and North Face Jackets. We rented a motorbike while we were there last time. I was never sure if i needed a license to drive the motor bike. They said i did not need one.

Guilin is only a 2 hour train ride from Liuzhou my wife's hometown. It is cheaper to fly to Guilin Than Liuzhou. We had some great times in Gulin and Yangzhou.

Congrats!.

Hey I know where you took that pic in your Avatar, Elephant Park along the Li River in Guilin. My wife is from Guilin.

Your wife is from Guilin? We are thinking of relocating there in a few years. Do you know if there are quality Western doctors/facilities in Guilin?

Not much, from what I see, you will find western style medical in the major large cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong)

ChunMei went back to Guangzhou two days ago, and returned to Nanning the next day. We talked yesterday, and....

She has her visa, all the paperwork, and I leave for Nanning at 6:15 PM May 20. And we come back to the US at 4:15 PM May 29. Together.

Great news how long did it actually take after the interview to get it? What did they tell you in the email response?

ChunMei went back to Guangzhou two days ago, and returned to Nanning the next day. We talked yesterday, and....

She has her visa, all the paperwork, and I leave for Nanning at 6:15 PM May 20. And we come back to the US at 4:15 PM May 29. Together.

Great news how long did it actually take after the interview to get it? What did they tell you in the email response?

It was about two weeks. She had her interview on 15 April.Returned home to Nanning on the 22nd. The consulate answered my email on the 26th saying the packet was on the way to the Guangzhou post office. ChunMei took the night train back to Guangzhou on the 28th, picked up her passport and other papers on the morning of the 29th, did a little shopping, then took the tran back to Nanning that night.

Edited by NickF (see edit history)