I think we're finished at last

Congrats!.

Hey I know where you took that pic in your Avatar, Elephant Park along the Li River in Guilin. My wife is from Guilin.

Congrats!.

Hey I know where you took that pic in your Avatar, Elephant Park along the Li River in Guilin. My wife is from Guilin.

Your wife is from Guilin? We are thinking of relocating there in a few years. Do you know if there are quality Western doctors/facilities in Guilin?

Congrats!.

Funny story about that. We'd come to Guilin after spending four days un Yangshuo. ChunMei had visited Guilin many years before, and wanted to see Elephant Hill Park again. She spend about 20 minutes questioning locals about how to get there, got about 20 different stories about which buses we should ride, and then we looked at the map we'd picked up in the hotel lobby and saw it was across the street from our hotel.

Great to see it worked out, Nick. Yes, it's a slap in the face to not get the passport and it's visa in a couple of days, but like everything else in life, it's just a matter of waiting a few days.

Have a happy life together.

tsap seui

Been waiting a "short" 1,681 days, 14 hours, and 23 minutes for a simple successful interview. No need for stress.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Finished? You have a learning curve ahead of you. I thought the same thing when wife got Visa, now 2 weeks of having her here in our house and I don't even recognize the place anymore. I still have to change the headboard on bed and few other things because in her words they are "ugilly".

Congrats on taking the next step to a better life, all the best to both of you and have safe trip. *hint* get seperate laundry basket for socks and underwear, I forgot to do this and the look on her face when I put them in same basket was one of shock.

Edited by Scott@Hong (see edit history)

I guess the stressful part was the yes/no/maybe/yes, part. We never knew what was happening from one day to the next.

So in 3 weeks I fly from Denver to LA to Guangzhou to Nanning. Hope we have anough luggage space for her stuff. And she wants to go shopping in Nanning for new bedclothes before we leave there "because it is here much cheap." I keep pointing out that we can't carry a king-size comforter in a Samsonite rolling suitcase.

Edited by NickF (see edit history)

Congrats!.

Funny story about that. We'd come to Guilin after spending four days un Yangshuo. ChunMei had visited Guilin many years before, and wanted to see Elephant Hill Park again. She spend about 20 minutes questioning locals about how to get there, got about 20 different stories about which buses we should ride, and then we looked at the map we'd picked up in the hotel lobby and saw it was across the street from our hotel.

Ahh Yangsho! Lovely town, my wife was the vise principal at the foreign language school in that town, school is the west street school. Been to Yangsho twice, last time we rode bikes out into the countryside to a point on the Dragon river and rode down it to Li river on a bamboo raft, fun.

There are a bunch of English language schools there. ChunMei and I did the mountain bike/ Li raft trip, too. Last New Year. Weather was beauriful, and the scenery is spectaqculer. ChunMei doesn't swim (yet) so she was a little nervouse on the river, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And probably will. I like Yangshuo.

We stayed at the Peace Family Hotel off West Street. First time I'd ever seen a bathroom with a picture window.

Edited by NickF (see edit history)