Mom passed away this morning

tonado

My mom is at peace now. Suffering for a year with oral cancer. Very nasty. She had 6 surgeries, radiation, and chemo. Nothing works. She didn't smoke or drink alcohol. She didn't like dentists which might be the cause of her death. If caught early, it might have save her. Moral of the story: Dental care is very important. And most Chinese people don't think like that. Make sure you persuade your love one to take care of the teeth.

Thanks everyone. Yesterday my dad and I met with a Chinese Funeral Director (from a Chinese Funeral Home) in Boston. Rather than going with an American Funeral Home, my dad wants a Chinese style one (a simple one - no offering or incense), The arrangement is all set (funeral will be Friday). These few days, we are gathering stuffs (to be buried in the casket) for my mom. My dad told me one family member gave her deceased mom a Mah Jong (because she loved that tile game). Yesterday we bought some new clothes for my mom. I plan to give my mom her favorite Chinese music CDs and Chinese Drama DVDs.

Finally got some sleep yesterday. I am sad but relieved that my mom's suffering is over. Instead of buying flowers for my mom, I told my family members (cousins) to donate to the American Cancer Society.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry to hear this Tony - you and your family are in my prayers today

Such a loss is always hard to deal with, but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you Tony. You have been an integral part of this board since its beginning and Li and I consider you part of our extended Candle family. I lost my Mom to cancer as well, back in 1989.