Success

Today my wife had her interview and it took 20 minutes before hearing the happy words "you passed".

I want to thank everyone here at CFL for all the help and great suggestions. Our journey took about 14 months for the CR1 visa for which my wife had the kitchen sink ready for all challenges. I am 67 and my wife is 48 and this is my 4th marriage. Being retired was not a problem with the form 864 and I didn't need a co-sponsor. The interview was longer than others because she had to overcome the questions about my 3 other divorces.

The Yang's were such a great help and I highly recommend staying at their aparments. Mrs. Yang spent a few hours going over our documents and made many valuable suggestions. Awesome couple! (Thanks to CFL members for the heads up on the Yangs)

I waited for my wife in the coffe shop on the 4th floor and when she came down she had a VERY sad look on her face and was shaking her head. I was worried about the divorce issue and feared the worse. Then she broke out the big smile and said "I got you!"

I suggest everyone front load as much information as possible before your interview and heed the great suggestions here on CFL for preparations.

Best of luck for all with your up coming interviews!

Mike

That is great news buddy!!1 I'm really happy for you.

Four times married, I take it you are one of those guys who just can't say NO!!

tsap seui

Today my wife had her interview and it took 20 minutes before hearing the happy words "you passed".

Mike

Mike,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your wife's interview experience.

I had a divorce and filing for k-1. When you have a moment, could you please share some of the questions the VO or CO asked your wife about your ex-wives. I hope to gain some knowledge from your wife's experience in order to prepare my fiancee for her interview.

Thank you!

I waited for my wife in the coffe shop on the 4th floor and when she came down she had a VERY sad look on her face and was shaking her head. I was worried about the divorce issue and feared the worse. Then she broke out the big smile and said "I got you!"

After my woman did that after the B visa interview, I gave her orders NOT to do that again!

Congrats!!!

Mike

Mike,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your wife's interview experience.

I had a divorce and filing for k-1. When you have a moment, could you please share some of the questions the VO or CO asked your wife about your ex-wives. I hope to gain some knowledge from your wife's experience in order to prepare my fiancee for her interview.

Thank you!

bobby,

It is important for you to communicate all aspects of the divorce including why you decided to get the divorce, when you stopped living together, when you filed for the divorce and when the divorce was finalized.

I had also prepared a letter explaining the above details including the following information about my ex-wife; her last known address, birthdate, last known phone number and social security number, however the CO never requested the document and my wife only provided requested information to the CO. She did however explain all the circumstances mentioned above to the CO when asked about my last marriage.

I think that if you were married to a foreigner before it would provoke a big red flag.

From all my reading here on CFL, I learned that the most important thing is to communicate thoroughly with your wife/fiance so she can answer any and all questions asked by the CO. Also, she must always tell the truth! Read as much as you can here and prepare the "kitchen sink" and hopefully you will not need the abundance of materials.

I owe so much to the great people and support here on CFL.

Good Luck!

Mike

It is important for you to communicate all aspects of the divorce including why you decided to get the divorce, when you stopped living together, when you filed for the divorce and when the divorce was finalized.

I owe so much to the great people and support here on CFL.

Good Luck!

Mike

Mike,

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and valuable advice.

Per your advice, I will write a letter explaining my previous marriage, and fully prepare my fiancee with information you mentioned.

Bobby