Guangzhou Visa Officer Mistake

Buddy, this is a very good place to vent your frustration. Many folks on here understand you and your wife's pain. I'm not gonna waste your time with our story, but in September it will be 4 years of waiting for us.

You hang in there, keep an eye on when the DOS sends your paperwork back to USCIS and stay alert for a letter from USCIS....asking you to rebutt the charges against your wife, or you. WIth luck, maybe the USCIS will reaffirm your petition and send it back to Guangzhou for another interview.

Yes, it will take time, but I would not advise you to just make another application, without knowing what the problem is with this one. Call the DOS number often, send e-mails to Guangzhou, and find out when the application is officially sent back to your USCIS service center.

I feel for you both...I well understand your pain, the overwhelming sense of loss, the anger at the criminal activity of the visa officers in Guangzhou, the having to go to bed at night with this crap stressing you out, the awaking in the morning to an empty spot where your wife should be...etc.

Good luck man.

tsap seui

I have searched the DOS website and not sure exactly how to track my case. Do you have any ideas? Thanks a bunch.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have searched the DOS website and not sure exactly how to track my case. Do you have any ideas? Thanks a bunch.

No web based tracking, you call DOS visa services and ASK what is happening perhaps once or twice a week. http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

When USCIS gets the denied petition back, you can use USCIS tracking system on line tracking by the I-130 Case number.

Sorry, I didn't know you hadn't already called the DOS number to get info leading up to your wife's interview. You can also e-mail GUZ direct on a form they have, but I don't know the address anymore.

At any rate, with the Washington, DC number I'll give you the operators can get into their computer and give you whatever updates about your case that Guangzhou has entered. You may be on hold a bit unles you call right around 8am EST or later in the day.

The number is 202-663-1225. Then you enter 1 on the first prompt, then 1 again. Tell the operator you have a question about your case and they will ask for you case number, your wife's name, and her birthday.

You really need to call this number often to find out WHEN your case has left Guangzhou. All these operators can do is tell you what Guangzhou has entered.

Maybe someone more current can give you the address of the form for contacting Guangzhou. By e-mailing them you can ask questions as to when they will send the case back. Not that you will get any answers other than canned answers, but it's how you can try to find out info.

Do try these two ways to stay on top of when your case leaves CHina.

If you find them taking more than 3 months, or even earlier you can contact your congressman and ask for them to inquire about your case. This will make someone in the consulate have to look up your case...who knows, they may actually do something....like send it back to the USCIS. :lol:

Once you case is sent from the consulate, it will first go to teh National Visa Center. It won't stay there long and then they will forward it to your original service center.

Once it is at the service center you can go to the USCIS website and sign up for e-mail prompts on your case. And you can also look at the status of your case. Those two items are in their list of services on their home page.

With the e-mail notices you can look at your case and see what day they looked at your case. It won't tell you what they did, just that something was done that day.....we call it "touched".

I can look at my case now with the e-mail notices and the "status".

Once your case is at the USCIS you can again, contact a congressman and have their liason inquire about your case. This is the only tool you have to attempt to speed things up, both with the consulate in Guangzhou, and the USCIS.

By using these tools you can show your wife that you are doing something...that is always helpful as you both wait. :lol:

Not castigating you here at all buddy, but your lawyer had you spoiled, you need to get as hands-on with your case now as possible. Returned cases are very low priority at service centers, from Guangzhou to rebuttal letter from USCIS could take a year if you do nothing. Get on top of your case and use your congressman and attempt to keep things moving....lord knows, they need to do something to justify their phoney baloney jobs. :D

tsap seui

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't know you hadn't already called the DOS number to get info leading up to your wife's interview. You can also e-mail GUZ direct on a form they have, but I don't know the address anymore.

At any rate, with the Washington, DC number I'll give you the operators can get into their computer and give you whatever updates about your case that Guangzhou has entered. You may be on hold a bit unles you call right around 8am EST or later in the day.

The number is 202-663-1225. Then you enter 1 on the first prompt, then 1 again. Tell the operator you have a question about your case and they will ask for you case number, your wife's name, and her birthday.

You really need to call this number often to find out WHEN your case has left Guangzhou. All these operators can do is tell you what Guangzhou has entered.

Maybe someone more current can give you the address of the form for contacting Guangzhou. By e-mailing them you can ask questions as to when they will send the case back. Not that you will get any answers other than canned answers, but it's how you can try to find out info.

If you find them taking more than 3 months, or even earlier you can contact your congressman and ask for them to inquire about your case. This will make someone in the consulate have to look up your case...who knows, they may actually do something....like send it back to the USCIS. :lol:

Once you case is sent from the consulate, it will first go to teh National Visa Center. It won't stay there long and then they will forward it to your original service center.

Once it is at the service center you can go to the USCIS website and sign up for e-mail prompts on your case. And you can also look at the status of your case. Those two items are in their list of services on their home page.

With the e-mail notices you can look at your case and see what day they looked at your case. It won't tell you what they did, just that something was done that day.....we call it "touched".

Once your case is at the USCIS you can again, contact a congressman and have their liason inquire about your case. This is the only tool you have to attempt to speed things up, both with the consulate in Guangzhou, and the USCIS.

By using these tools you can show your wife that you are doing something...that is always helpful as you both wait. :lol:

Not castigating you here at all buddy, but your lawyer had you spoiled, you need to get as hands-on with your case now as possible. Returned cases are very low priority at service centers, from Guangzhou to rebuttal letter from USCIS could take a year if you do nothing. Get on top of your case and use your congressman and attempt to keep things moving....lord knows, they need to do something to justify their phoney baloney jobs. :D

tsap seui

Contacting the Senator or Congressman in our case didn't do much.

Our CR-1 visa was denied in August 2009 last year. Our senator sent the inquiry to

Guangzhou right after the denial, it still took 8 months for UCSIS received the case back from Guangzhou.

USCIS received the case in May, 2010.

The case currently is still in USCIS and waiting for being reviewed. Our senator again sent an inquiry

to USCIS and all we got is the standard replay and nothing happened.

We are talking about more than a year waiting already after the denial even with Senator's help.

Just for your information. Don't get the hope too high with the Senator's help.

chl2010

• 2 weeks later...

Our case is also very close to 1 year now, Interveiw was Sept 21 2009, our case has been sitting at USCIS since Feb 16 2010. Always a waiting game with these people, Good Luck to everyone at this stage of the game,,, TK

Hi Tkgert,

Your case is so similar to our case. As of today, have you heard anything from USCIS regarding the NOID? According to

my conversation with the operator, after 120 days of USCIS receiving the case back from Guangzhou, you could file the

official inquiry to the USCIS and this is exactly what I did. They gave me the reference number and will give me the answer in

a few weeks. After 180 days of them receiving the case, the case is considered late and you could ask your senator to push them for the decision.

I wonder what else we could do? Thanks.

chl2010

Our case is also very close to 1 year now, Interveiw was Sept 21 2009, our case has been sitting at USCIS since Feb 16 2010. Always a waiting game with these people, Good Luck to everyone at this stage of the game,,, TK

Hi Tkgert,

Your case is so similar to our case. As of today, have you heard anything from USCIS regarding the NOID? According to

my conversation with the operator, after 120 days of USCIS receiving the case back from Guangzhou, you could file the

official inquiry to the USCIS and this is exactly what I did. They gave me the reference number and will give me the answer in

a few weeks. After 180 days of them receiving the case, the case is considered late and you could ask your senator to push them for the decision.

chl2010

As of today have not heard a thing from USCIS, Website always has same info as before as the message I receive when I call them. Let me know your trick to actually speaking with someone there, What else? I really dont have a clue,, best of luck to you,,, TK

tsap seui

Contacting the Senator or Congressman in our case didn't do much.

Our CR-1 visa was denied in August 2009 last year. Our senator sent the inquiry to

Guangzhou right after the denial, it still took 8 months for UCSIS received the case back from Guangzhou.

USCIS received the case in May, 2010.

The case currently is still in USCIS and waiting for being reviewed. Our senator again sent an inquiry

to USCIS and all we got is the standard replay and nothing happened.

We are talking about more than a year waiting already after the denial even with Senator's help.

Just for your information. Don't get the hope too high with the Senator's help.

chl2010

:lol: Trust me, I never have my hopes up wioth anything in this process, and am not about to get them up at any point. Our case got a blue slip in July of 2007. IT took 10 months for Guangzhou to issue a denial (May 2008). THen another 11 months for GUZ to even send the case to the USCIS.....miraclously, the USCIS reaffirmed our case 3 days after they finally got it in their hands in June of 2009. Too late for us,, it was a K-1 petition and we got married in March of 2009 after waiting almost two years.

I only suggested the congressional thing to the fellow as something he could at least try, and at least be able to tell his woman he had done something...ANYTHING :)

In our prior case I had the help of a congressman's liason for our no questions or evidence asked for blue slip. I was personal friends with the congressman (from when I lived in the DC area) and he personally told his liason to help me as strongly as she could. The liason was very knowledgable and they were from California so she had more than a little expericence with Guangzhou.

Results: she couldn't get any more answers than I could, and she even tried pulling in favors from a couple of contacts she had within the DOS......ZIP!!!

At least once the case is back in the hands of the USCIS service center one "might" be able to get a congressional inquiry to help get the case looked at....I agree fully, when your case is in the cold dead hands of the DOS.....a janitor would be about as much help as a congressional inquiry.

By seeking congressional help, the fellar would at least be doing something.....even if it is busy work. :lol: I remember a guy on VJ who once worked for the USCIS and had nis own petition. He told people that when they got a congressional inquiry they had to at least look at the case....his words, not mine. ;)

Good luck to all of you....and me and the lil' rabbit. :D

tsap seui

. . .

By seeking congressional help, the fellar would at least be doing something.....even if it is busy work. :lol: I remember a guy on VJ who once worked for the USCIS and had nis own petition. He told people that when they got a congressional inquiry they had to at least look at the case....his words, not mine. ;)

. . .

tsap seui

Yes - I call that "rattling the cage". We had three different ways to do this - congressional inquiry, USCIS inquiry, and the USCIS ombudsman -, each of which said to wait 90 days before inquiring again, so we would push one button every month for three months before cycling through them again.

Hi Tkgert,

chl2010

As of today have not heard a thing from USCIS, Website always has same info as before as the message I receive when I call them. Let me know your trick to actually speaking with someone there, What else? I really dont have a clue,, best of luck to you,,, TK

Hi,

You might want to try this. It might work. After sitting there for more than 4 months, my file got touched again today.

You can call USCIS and there is an option that you could choose for the case that's out of the processing time. You will then

be able to talk to a real person. If the case has been sitting there for 120 days or more since they received it, they will

send the inquiry on your behalf. They will give you a reference number so you could follow up.

As far as I know, they will definitely check into the case. As for how much they will do for the case, I am not sure.

I hope this will help with the case at least they are looking into it.

It won't hurt anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

chl

Hi Tkgert,

chl2010

Ok chl2010, Still not a thing rom USCIS,This morning I called there number again and received the same message, so I went back and listened to all the options again. After several times of this I heard the one I was looking to hear, now after 20 minutes of this I REALLY DONT KNOW what number I pushed :o but damn if I didnt actually get to talk with a real person :o . I explained my problem to her and she was very nice and helpful. As I told her my case was past 180 days she then took all my info and will send a letter to the service center that has my case for a request of a decision.I was given a refference number and told that I should hear something within 30 days and if not to contact them again. So now just wait again :angry: but to finally speak with someone after all this time was some progress. If you hear anything before I do please let me know,, Good Luck,,, TK

My wife went for her interview in Guangzhou March 15, 2010. She receieved a "blue letter" asking for additional documentation. My attorney submitted everything and more. This week after five agonizing months. We find out they are sending our I-130 back for possible denial. We are going crazy. The part that upsets me the most is the Visa Officer refused to look at documentation that my wife hand carried with her and was treated rude in the process. I know they can't look at DVD'S all day but we have an incredible wedding DVD to go along with a mountain of evidence ie, 100+ hours of phone records, receipts from trips to china, photos, she's my beneficiary on my 401K and life insurance, money transfers, etc... I'm sure they can't get them all right but, there needs to be a process for when they get it wrong. I guess my only route is to re-submit the I-130 to get ahead of the game again but its been almost two years, we wanted have children...you know? Anyway, I felt like this was a good place to voice my disappointment.

Believe me when I say that my wife and I know what you two are going through and how you feel. As you can see, it has been a long road for us. We are both very stressed, and it has been very difficult for us. However, it has made our love for each other stronger. We both want to have children as well, and I am 35 and she is 32.I know that she can get pregnant in China, but like you I want to be with her as a husband and father during that time. Just hang in there, and NEVER GIVE UP! Giving up is exactly what the USCIS wants you to do!

My wife went for her interview in Guangzhou March 15, 2010. She receieved a "blue letter" asking for additional documentation. My attorney submitted everything and more. This week after five agonizing months. We find out they are sending our I-130 back for possible denial. We are going crazy. The part that upsets me the most is the Visa Officer refused to look at documentation that my wife hand carried with her and was treated rude in the process. I know they can't look at DVD'S all day but we have an incredible wedding DVD to go along with a mountain of evidence ie, 100+ hours of phone records, receipts from trips to china, photos, she's my beneficiary on my 401K and life insurance, money transfers, etc... I'm sure they can't get them all right but, there needs to be a process for when they get it wrong. I guess my only route is to re-submit the I-130 to get ahead of the game again but its been almost two years, we wanted have children...you know? Anyway, I felt like this was a good place to voice my disappointment.

My fiancee had her interview 08/31/2010. They gave her the white paper also. I tried to get in to speak to someone. Of course I was denied the request. I have contacted my senator from florida and also my congressman. They got the same response from the consulate. Now I am waiting for the letter from USCIS. I have also sent letters to the whitehouse, Secertary of State Hilliary Clinton and Brian Rubendall from the state dept. Do you or anyone have a name of a person at USCIS? I only get a phone message about there different prompts. I have been told not to refile until I hear from USCIS. I am so disguted with the consulate. They did not treat me like an american citizen in need of help. I ask to speak to a supervisor and they told me that would never happen. Good Luck!!!

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

My fiancee had her interview 08/31/2010. They gave her the white paper also. I tried to get in to speak to someone. Of course I was denied the request. I have contacted my senator from florida and also my congressman. They got the same response from the consulate. Now I am waiting for the letter from USCIS. I have also sent letters to the whitehouse, Secertary of State Hilliary Clinton and Brian Rubendall from the state dept. Do you or anyone have a name of a person at USCIS? I only get a phone message about there different prompts. I have been told not to refile until I hear from USCIS. I am so disguted with the consulate. They did not treat me like an american citizen in need of help. I ask to speak to a supervisor and they told me that would never happen. Good Luck!!!

Jimm, I would think at only one month since your interview your case is still at Guangzhou. You can send a email to them and they will respond with a answer to you. Also your case will be returned to NVC first before it is sent to USCIS. My case took 5 months to be returned to USCIS and now 7 more months with no decision yet, I did talk with someone directly a few days ago and should hear something in 30 days. This is a very long and painful part of the whole mess that we are put into with there denials of case,s,, wish you the best and maybe your case will be faster,,, TK