Guangzhou Visa Officer Mistake

Our case is also very close to 1 year now, Interveiw was Sept 21 2009, our case has been sitting at USCIS since Feb 16 2010. Always a waiting game with these people, Good Luck to everyone at this stage of the game,,, TK

Hi Tkgert,

Your case is so similar to our case. As of today, have you heard anything from USCIS regarding the NOID? According to

my conversation with the operator, after 120 days of USCIS receiving the case back from Guangzhou, you could file the

official inquiry to the USCIS and this is exactly what I did. They gave me the reference number and will give me the answer in

a few weeks. After 180 days of them receiving the case, the case is considered late and you could ask your senator to push them for the decision.

I wonder what else we could do? Thanks.

chl2010

Ok chl2010, Still not a thing rom USCIS,This morning I called there number again and received the same message, so I went back and listened to all the options again. After several times of this I heard the one I was looking to hear, now after 20 minutes of this I REALLY DONT KNOW what number I pushed :o but damn if I didnt actually get to talk with a real person :o . I explained my problem to her and she was very nice and helpful. As I told her my case was past 180 days she then took all my info and will send a letter to the service center that has my case for a request of a decision.I was given a refference number and told that I should hear something within 30 days and if not to contact them again. So now just wait again :angry: but to finally speak with someone after all this time was some progress. If you hear anything before I do please let me know,, Good Luck,,, TK

Hi TK,

Got the reply from USCIS after requesting the status update by talking to the operator of the service center.

The letter states that the case is still in the normal processing time (Less than 6 months) and they process the case

by the order they received.

I am guessing that after 6 months, they will probably be really doing something if I keep pushing hard.

I will get my senator involved again then.

I'll keep my finger crossed.

Your case is beyond 120 days, I hope they will do something meaningful.

Let me know.

chl2010

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic