Guangzhou Visa Officer Mistake

My wife went for her interview in Guangzhou March 15, 2010. She receieved a "blue letter" asking for additional documentation. My attorney submitted everything and more. This week after five agonizing months. We find out they are sending our I-130 back for possible denial. We are going crazy. The part that upsets me the most is the Visa Officer refused to look at documentation that my wife hand carried with her and was treated rude in the process. I know they can't look at DVD'S all day but we have an incredible wedding DVD to go along with a mountain of evidence ie, 100+ hours of phone records, receipts from trips to china, photos, she's my beneficiary on my 401K and life insurance, money transfers, etc... I'm sure they can't get them all right but, there needs to be a process for when they get it wrong. I guess my only route is to re-submit the I-130 to get ahead of the game again but its been almost two years, we wanted have children...you know? Anyway, I felt like this was a good place to voice my disappointment.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife went for her interview in Guangzhou March 15, 2010. She receieved a "blue letter" asking for additional documentation. My attorney submitted everything and more. This week after five agonizing months. We find out they are sending our I-130 back for possible denial. We are going crazy. The part that upsets me the most is the Visa Officer refused to look at documentation that my wife hand carried with her and was treated rude in the process. I know they can't look at DVD'S all day but we have an incredible wedding DVD to go along with a mountain of evidence ie, 100+ hours of phone records, receipts from trips to china, photos, she's my beneficiary on my 401K and life insurance, money transfers, etc... I'm sure they can't get them all right but, there needs to be a process for when they get it wrong. I guess my only route is to re-submit the I-130 to get ahead of the game again but its been almost two years, we wanted have children...you know? Anyway, I felt like this was a good place to voice my disappointment.

I am pretty sure she can get pregnant in China.

I would want to be part of that process not just the beginning. I have a demanding job and time is hard to come by as far as leaving the country for long periods of time. Leaving her pregnant in China doesn't seem fair. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Buddy, this is a very good place to vent your frustration. Many folks on here understand you and your wife's pain. I'm not gonna waste your time with our story, but in September it will be 4 years of waiting for us.

You hang in there, keep an eye on when the DOS sends your paperwork back to USCIS and stay alert for a letter from USCIS....asking you to rebutt the charges against your wife, or you. WIth luck, maybe the USCIS will reaffirm your petition and send it back to Guangzhou for another interview.

Yes, it will take time, but I would not advise you to just make another application, without knowing what the problem is with this one. Call the DOS number often, send e-mails to Guangzhou, and find out when the application is officially sent back to your USCIS service center.

I feel for you both...I well understand your pain, the overwhelming sense of loss, the anger at the criminal activity of the visa officers in Guangzhou, the having to go to bed at night with this crap stressing you out, the awaking in the morning to an empty spot where your wife should be...etc.

Good luck man.

tsap seui

Thank you for your kindness. I guess we will know soon that the Visa Officer didn't believe my wife but come on don't I have any say in the matter? I am planning another trip back as soon as I'm over recent back surgery. The last few days her voice is barely audible with disappointment. I totally understand your every word. I read that 50% of the Guangzhou applicants are denied. I have a hard time believing there all frauds. Lord, give me strengh.

The initials look like SY.

Maybe Marge was this "SY"'s Mentor.

It's really too bad that GUZ doesn't come on here and explain themselves sometimes...yours, like tsap's...goin into a black hole and never havin any idea of why, or where or when or anything ever explained to you in detail so you have some king of recourse to fix whatever was wrong.....is total :bullshit:

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

It's really too bad that GUZ doesn't come on here and explain themselves sometimes...yours, like tsap's...goin into a black hole and never havin any idea of why, or where or when or anything ever explained to you in detail so you have some king of recourse to fix whatever was wrong.....is total :bullshit:

Ha!! The following is from my attorney: As I indicated previously, I have forwarded yet another email to the Consulate indicating that the DHS had determined that your marriage was valid and that we had submitted additional evidence subsequent to the I-130 petition approval. I pointed out that the consular officer made a decision to readjudicate the immigrant petition for no apparent reason. Pursuant to the 2004 consular cable, the officer must have found substantial evidence of a flawed relationship which was not apparent to DHS when the I-130 petition was approved. And this, as you know, is baloney. We have provided even more evidence proving your relationship after the DHS already determined that your relationship was bona fide.

I hope your lawyer is familiar with the consulate and NOIR. If not I would recommend you get one who is. One down side to filing an I-130 instead of K-1 for a fianc¨¦e visa is there is no do over. You don't have the option of starting over by getting married and filing an I-130. There are a couple of attorneys well known by the members of the board that are well versed in the issue. Marc Ellis and John Roth. Marc Ellis is considered an authority on the subject and has written several articles. I highly recommend that you read everything in the forum "Ellis' Island"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=39

I know you're pissed and want someone's head on a platter but right now you need to knuckle down and do what you have to to get your wife here. In the sage words of advice given me by our glorious leader Don when my wife got a blue slip. "Use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their ass"

Good luck.

I hope your lawyer is familiar with the consulate and NOIR. If not I would recommend you get one who is. One down side to filing an I-130 instead of K-1 for a fianc¨¦e visa is there is no do over. You don't have the option of starting over by getting married and filing an I-130. There are a couple of attorneys well known by the members of the board that are well versed in the issue. Marc Ellis and John Roth. Marc Ellis is considered an authority on the subject and has written several articles. I highly recommend that you read everything in the forum "Ellis' Island"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=39

I know you're pissed and want someone's head on a platter but right now you need to knuckle down and do what you have to to get your wife here. In the sage words of advice given me by our glorious leader Don when my wife got a blue slip. "Use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their ass"

Good luck.

So, go for a K-1 Fiance Visa even if we are married?

So, go for a K-1 Fiance Visa even if we are married?

What he is saying is in a case where a K-1 is denied, many get married and make a second attempt by filing for a spousal visa. You do not have another option as to filing for another visa.

In your case you need to deal with the NOID with USCIS, get the case re-affirmed by USCIS and returned to the consulate for another interview.

What he is saying is in a case where a K-1 is denied, many get married and make a second attempt by filing for a spousal visa. You do not have another option as to filing for another visa.

In your case you need to deal with the NOID with USCIS, get the case re-affirmed by USCIS and returned to the consulate for another interview.

Thanks, I sent a friend request to your Facebook.... I'm Terry

Steve, according to an e-mail I had with a well recognized, on Candle, lawyer....this form of mistreatment is what the VO's are taught. Some of them like "M' just relish breaking peoples hearts and dreams.

Terry, it's gonna take a lot of time, but you MUST deal with the USCIS and do your best to find out what the reason for the denial is....all denials say "did not prove a bona fide relationsip" but the real reason will come out to you when the USCIS looks at the case and sends you (if you are lucky, or your attorney stays on top of your case and can force them to send you) the reasons listed by Guangzou and gives you the chance to rebut their findings.

Call the DOS's Washington number and find the date they sent your case back to the NVC, who forwards it to the USCIS. Then, make that attorney work to get (you do your best also) USCIS to send you the rebuttal letter. THere ain't a damn thing you can do now, it's all the wait to getting the USCIS to send you the reasons, and tehn to deal with it.

Let's hope the DOS quickly sends your case back to SUCIS, then let's hope USCIS contacts you.

YOU MUST stay on top of the DOS sending your application back, then getting the USCIS to contact you.

In our case the DOS no only made us await 10 months after the interview to deny us, they ten took 11 months to send the case from China back to the NVC. IT was 2 more months before the USCIS got our case....and incredibaly the USCIS only took 3 days to reaffirm our K-1 application (with no rebuttal letter sent to me, or reason for the denial given us) they just quickly reaffirmed us and sent the case right back to DOS. The DOS would not tell me when they sent the case back to America....I sent many e-mails to Guangzhou, and called their Washnington number. I waited almost a year form our denial and decided enough interference in our bona fide relationship was enough and we got married 2 months before I got the reaffirmation letter from USCIS....thus nolifying the K-1.

After all my trying to find out where our K-1 case was, I literally got off the plane from getting married in China to find a letter from NVC telling me they had gotten our case back from DOS (11 months after the denial) and were forwarding it on to USCIS.

My hope for you at this point is you luck out and DOS sends your case to NVC quickly...not 11 months later, and hides the fact from you.

I now have a I-130 CR-1 application being worked on by the USCIS, as of early August.

tsap seui