Guangzhou Visa Officer Mistake

I hate to rain on your parade but if I can dig this up in less than 5 minutes then your lawyer is not doing his/her job.

Welcome to the Guangzhou Immigrant Visa Unit

Foreign Service Officers of the Guangzhou Immigrant Visa Unit adjudicate all immigrant visas for residents of the People's Republic of China. This is the only office handling immigrant visas in China. The post also accepts Third Country Nationals on a discretionary basis.

http://guangzhou.use...rant_visas.html

• What Should I do if My Case is Being Returned to the U.S. for Revocation?

In certain circumstances, the Consulate may decide to return an immigrant visa petition to the U.S. with a recommendation for revocation. If your case has been recommended for revocation, it will be returned to the USCIS Service Center where the petition was originally filed. This does NOT mean that your case has been permanently refused. Rather, your petition will be reviewed by a USCIS officer, and petitioners will have 30 days in which to exercise their right of submitting any additional documents before USCIS makes the final determination.

When your petition arrives at the appropriate USCIS office, the petitioner will be contacted by mail notifying him/her of the next step. The final decision of whether to revoke the petition is made by USCIS. If the petition is reaffirmed, it is returned to Guangzhou and processing is resumed.

http://guangzhou.use...a_refusals.html

It shows without question that he/she knows nothing about the inner workings of the consulate in GZ. Are you sure you want to put the future of the most important person in your life in his/her hands?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lawyer sent me the following note, does anyone know about this latest development?

A new development in China is that Yan can indicate a US Consulate of her choice for subsequent filing, and not the one in her jurisdiction.

However, it she will have negative findings in her current case it is highly likely that it will be in her file.

Thanks for your input.

Your lawyer may have been referring to the following announcement which was made recently but unfortunately would not apply in your case - it only applies to non-immigrant visas (but excludes K visas).

VISA APPOINTMENT INFORMATION

U.S. Embassy and Consulates Liberalize Interview Appointment Policy

Effective immediately, non-immigrant visa applicants may book interview appointments at any U.S. Consular Section in China, regardless of the province or city where they live. Consular Sections are located at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing and U.S. Consulates General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Shenyang

Your lawyer may have been referring to the following announcement which was made recently but unfortunately would not apply in your case - it only applies to non-immigrant visas (but excludes K visas).

Effective immediately, non-immigrant visa applicants may book interview appointments at any U.S. Consular Section in China, regardless of the province or city where they live. Consular Sections are located at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing and U.S. Consulates General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Shenyang

Wow, lots of good choices...Guangzhou, is still a pretty good choice. Good clubs, great foods, good airport and nice downtown. B)

What you NEED is for an immigration attorney with knowledge of the Guangzhou consulate to look over your entire application - that's where Marc Ellis comes in - he's the best at doing exactly this.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/

Check his posts here in the Ellis Island sub-forum.

I sent an inquiry to Marc's e-mail account. I just missed three weeks work with back surgery hopefully its not an arm and a leg since I just finished paying my first attorney off.... I need an expert!!

Steve, according to an e-mail I had with a well recognized, on Candle, lawyer....this form of mistreatment is what the VO's are taught. Some of them like "M' just relish breaking peoples hearts and dreams.

Terry, it's gonna take a lot of time, but you MUST deal with the USCIS and do your best to find out what the reason for the denial is....all denials say "did not prove a bona fide relationsip" but the real reason will come out to you when the USCIS looks at the case and sends you (if you are lucky, or your attorney stays on top of your case and can force them to send you) the reasons listed by Guangzou and gives you the chance to rebut their findings.

Call the DOS's Washington number and find the date they sent your case back to the NVC, who forwards it to the USCIS. Then, make that attorney work to get (you do your best also) USCIS to send you the rebuttal letter. THere ain't a damn thing you can do now, it's all the wait to getting the USCIS to send you the reasons, and tehn to deal with it.

Let's hope the DOS quickly sends your case back to SUCIS, then let's hope USCIS contacts you.

YOU MUST stay on top of the DOS sending your application back, then getting the USCIS to contact you.

In our case the DOS no only made us await 10 months after the interview to deny us, they ten took 11 months to send the case from China back to the NVC. IT was 2 more months before the USCIS got our case....and incredibaly the USCIS only took 3 days to reaffirm our K-1 application (with no rebuttal letter sent to me, or reason for the denial given us) they just quickly reaffirmed us and sent the case right back to DOS. The DOS would not tell me when they sent the case back to America....I sent many e-mails to Guangzhou, and called their Washnington number. I waited almost a year form our denial and decided enough interference in our bona fide relationship was enough and we got married 2 months before I got the reaffirmation letter from USCIS....thus nolifying the K-1.

After all my trying to find out where our K-1 case was, I literally got off the plane from getting married in China to find a letter from NVC telling me they had gotten our case back from DOS (11 months after the denial) and were forwarding it on to USCIS.

My hope for you at this point is you luck out and DOS sends your case to NVC quickly...not 11 months later, and hides the fact from you.

I now have a I-130 CR-1 application being worked on by the USCIS, as of early August.

tsap seui

WOW, thank you.... I'm ready to fight..... so naive!!!

Just my luck... thank you!!

I hate to rain on your parade but if I can dig this up in less than 5 minutes then your lawyer is not doing his/her job.

It shows without question that he/she knows nothing about the inner workings of the consulate in GZ. Are you sure you want to put the future of the most important person in your life in his/her hands?

I contacted Marc Ellis.... truer words have never been spoke. Thank you...

I have read this post several times already. It means a lot to me. My wife was so down the last few days but we do HAVE hope and we both know that now. You're right about everything. I believe it is much harder for her than me and I can barely stand it.

I am only writing from experience with us having to wait 300 days from the time of a no additional evidence asked for blue slip until on the 300th day getting denied. We would have been better off by FAR if they had denied us at the interview. I know and live the agony that comes with this crap that Guangzhou dishes out to so many.

I have no doubt that there are more blue slips and denials than pink slips. Here on Candle we have some great folks, and most are lucky to get easy interviews and smooth sailing for their visas. But we are a very small group in the overall scheme of things.

You are in the midst of one of the most hurtful things a couple can go through. You and your wife will get to know each other in ways that it takes another couple years, if ever, to learn about each other.

Buddy, all I can say is it will work out for you, and the others on here that are in this awful situation. Keep constant checks with the DOS in Washington by phone to see when your case goes back to the NVC. Send e-mails politely asking the consulate when they are sending the case back....if you find they are dragging their feet then think about geting congressional help to inquire about WHEN your case is being sent back. THat is your first step.

Step two is tracking when the case gets back to the NVC, and then to the USCIS. Everything is dependent upon the case getting back to the USCIS. I assume you know how to log into the USCIS website and track your case, as well as get e-mail updates on when they look at the case. If you should find them taking more than 3 months to process the case, then get your congressman to make an inquiry...this may help speed things up.

You must find out what is wrong and that will only come from the rebuttal letter you will get from the USCIS. Yes, there are some miracles that happen and the extremely rare person finds out through other means, but I am not even going ot go there as the USCIS rebuttal letter is the way you find out 99.99% of the time.

I can only offer you encouragement. It usually is a helluva long wait. You love your wife and you must find it within yourself to be strong for her...you can only imagine what she is going through. My wife went through pure hell with this, it has been just over two years since her interview.

I had to find ways to stay strong, it was not easy to be positive and tell her we would make it when I was completely empty inside. I even wrote a script before I called her sometimes so she wouldn't hear the emptiness in my voice.

Stay strong, and busy....your wife needs all the encouragement you can offer now....so do you. ;)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I am only writing from experience with us having to wait 300 days from the time of a no additional evidence asked for blue slip until on the 300th day getting denied. We would have been better off by FAR if they had denied us at the interview. I know and live the agony that comes with this crap that Guangzhou dishes out to so many.

I have no doubt that there are more blue slips and denials than pink slips. Here on Candle we have some great folks, and most are lucky to get easy interviews and smooth sailing for their visas. But we are a very small group in the overall scheme of things.

You are in the midst of one of the most hurtful things a couple can go through. You and your wife will get to know each other in ways that it takes another couple years, if ever, to learn about each other.

Buddy, all I can say is it will work out for you, and the others on here that are in this awful situation. Keep constant checks with the DOS in Washington by phone to see when your case goes back to the NVC. Send e-mails politely asking the consulate when they are sending the case back....if you find they are dragging their feet then think about geting congressional help to inquire about WHEN your case is being sent back. THat is your first step.

Step two is tracking when the case gets back to the NVC, and then to the USCIS. Everything is dependent upon the case getting back to the USCIS. I assume you know how to log into the USCIS website and track your case, as well as get e-mail updates on when they look at the case. If you should find them taking more than 3 months to process the case, then get your congressman to make an inquiry...this may help speed things up.

You must find out what is wrong and that will only come from the rebuttal letter you will get from the USCIS. Yes, there are some miracles that happen and the extremely rare person finds out through other means, but I am not even going ot go there as the USCIS rebuttal letter is the way you find out 99.99% of the time.

I can only offer you encouragement. It usually is a helluva long wait. You love your wife and you must find it within yourself to be strong for her...you can only imagine what she is going through. My wife went through pure hell with this, it has been just over two years since her interview.

I had to find ways to stay strong, it was not easy to be positive and tell her we would make it when I was completely empty inside. I even wrote a script before I called her sometimes so she wouldn't hear the emptiness in my voice.

Stay strong, and busy....your wife needs all the encouragement you can offer now....so do you. ;)

tsap seui

This is a great place to encourage each other. Your words break my heart and not for my case but yours. The script line was heavy. Maybe Tom Petty could use that stuff!!!

Once again, Thank you abd everyone on here for their kindness. Your right about staying busy, after back surgery three weeks ago I tried to go back to work in ten days to get away from an empty house... One day I plan on waking up from this nightmare. Thanks TS

This is a great place to encourage each other. Your words break my heart and not for my case but yours. The script line was heavy. Maybe Tom Petty could use that stuff!!!

Once again, Thank you abd everyone on here for their kindness. Your right about staying busy, after back surgery three weeks ago I tried to go back to work in ten days to get away from an empty house... One day I plan on waking up from this nightmare. Thanks TS

Thanks for your words, we are all family here on Candle. It IS a great site to be a member of.

Always remember, those jerks in Guangzhou may delay and deny our visas for a bit, but they are totally powerless to break the spirit of two people in love. You will find that you and your wife will become closer than you ever imagined from this ordeal.

May you both become brilliant lemonaide makers from the lemons the demons have given you. ;)

tsap seui

This post possibly turned my life around... you are soooooo right!!! Its a shame I just finished paying my attorney off. But, your post is right on.....

Thanks for your words, we are all family here on Candle. It IS a great site to be a member of.

Always remember, those jerks in Guangzhou may delay and deny our visas for a bit, but they are totally powerless to break the spirit of two people in love. You will find that you and your wife will become closer than you ever imagined from this ordeal.

May you both become brilliant lemonaide makers from the lemons the demons have given you. ;)

tsap seui

That's the way I feel about it!! I hope the same for you too.

In 2001, a local reporter for The Oregonian was awarded the Pulitzer Prize (with others on staff) for his investigative reporting about a Chinese business woman, POE --- Portland who had a torn passport, and for that, ended up locked away in the the (then) INS contract jail in The Dalles Oregon, basically, left to rot in limbo. The "O's" reporting forced major changes to INS locally.

The tragic stories of Concert 500, tkget, and, particularly, Tsap's extended suffering----a decorated VN war vet, beg, in my mind, to be told. I have a contact at the "O" (one of the editors on the editorial board, who has also been the recipient of Pulitzer) ---

My view: this BS has gone on long enough---particularly against the backdrop of our national immigration problems, and the stark contrast between the illegal immigration experience, and the long (and needless) suffering of our members.

I would be happy to communicate with my contact at the "O", if one or more of our members would agree to step up, and share his experience. The down side is that GZ and immigration services---(every step of the way) could be more than a little embarrassed, the up side: Could it get any worse?

Let me know guys, here, or PM... I'm at your service...

In 2001, a local reporter for The Oregonian was awarded the Pulitzer Prize (with others on staff) for his investigative reporting about a Chinese business woman, POE --- Portland who had a torn passport, and for that, ended up locked away in the the (then) INS contract jail in The Dalles Oregon, basically, left to rot in limbo. The "O's" reporting forced major changes to INS locally.

The tragic stories of Concert 500, tkget, and, particularly, Tsap's extended suffering----a decorated VN war vet, beg, in my mind, to be told. I have a contact at the "O" (one of the editors on the editorial board, who has also been the recipient of Pulitzer) ---

My view: this BS has gone on long enough---particularly against the backdrop of our national immigration problems, and the stark contrast between the illegal immigration experience, and the long (and needless) suffering of our members.

I would be happy to communicate with my contact at the "O", if one or more of our members would agree to step up, and share his experience. The down side is that GZ and immigration services---(every step of the way) could be more than a little embarrassed, the up side: Could it get any worse?

Let me know guys, here, or PM... I'm at your service...

Of course, I would love to share our story. Until it became blackened with despair my wife and I had agreed that our great love story would be in textbooks for our great grandchildren to read and now just look at it. The last few chapters didn't need to be written. No, it can't get any worse.

There's no way it was lack of evidence. How do I find out the truth? I totally understand what you're saying and it's freightening. The blue letter was sent to my attorney and we submittes the additional informatio they were seeking in abundance. So, I don't see it happening there. I believe with the attitude of the VO on that day that their decision was made before we had our fifteen minutes. I appreciate your input. If you know how to find out the real reason - come forth!! Thank you David.

I also agree it had to do with my wife being scared to death and the VO being in a bad mood. My attorney has sent multiple letters to find out what happened but so far no reply.

Your stuck on 'evidence' which most submit as a mountain high... it's not about that. That is the misconception of most who file. The VO looks at a file already handled by many people from USCIS to NVC to GUZ; and which probably is marked up. There are 'triggers and flags' to the various people. Something triggered someone, and it can include her disposition at the interview.

Someone has to take a hard look at the entire relationship. And the interview questions are almost canned and predictable but the questions and answers are helpful. And it's good to hear it shared by the chinese lady since she may share her emotional feeling during the interview which helps too.