Real Chinese Food

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey James, cat is not too bad! The one mystery meat that I had at a BBQ place was rat, I am convinced and it wasn't great. Conversation:

Me: "Yan, what is this anyway?"

My daughter, thoughtfully, "Ox, I think."

Me: "No, I am from Kansas, I know beef. Beef is red meat."

Daughter, taking another taste: "Pig."

Me: "No, that is not pork, either."

Daughter, laughing: "I don't know either!"

BTW - Dog is really good.

I heard from Ripley's Believe it or Not Show that a place in Bejing serves field rats.  The restaurant was so busy.  Once the rats are skinned, they look like chicken.  I think people are losing their appetite now.   :lol:  :lol:

No the skinned rats dont bother me.The cockroaches however are a different matter.The better seafood restaurants have them along with

snakes. Then there is those things with the green veggies that look like bacon. Those are the pigs "Not the nose". I have a racy joke I told Lynn

but its not suitable for this forum.

Chinese do eat cat,and dog. I wanted to try both but never got to.

Eating dog meat is supposed to warm your body. Like hot stew. People eat them during the winter time to keep warm. I wouldn't never eat dog meat.

Lynn said you eat dog in winter. I still want to try it.

In China they eat the dog to keep warm.In Kentucky they sleep with them to keep warm. Im off to bed,no dogs in sight. The cats play on the porch,

and they get all the rats. G Night.

Guest bbridges51

You know, there are SOME things I'd rather not know about about food....

However, I still don't see what people can possible eat on chicken feet. I mean, there's nothing THERE, is there?

Oh, just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

Brian

Guest bbridges51

Oh, eat all the chicken feet you want. Our secret plan to corrupt China has taken hold, exhibited by a KFC and McDonalds on every corner.

LOL

No wonder the French hate us.

Brian

OK, I'll ruin your appetites now. When you get away from the top end restaraunts where the foreigners are expected to eat, you pick out the dog you want negotiate a price and they knock it in the head and skin it right out on the sidewalk in front of the restaraunt. That is going to far for me even. German shepards are the prefered fare.

Snake I didn't try yet. Wife is deadly afraid of them. She takes off for the other side of the street when she sees them in the windows in GZ. BTW, the PSB arrested a fellow with a semi load of snakes the other day. Seems that there are some limits even in China as to how far you can push the endangered species laws.