Rooms for Rent Near US Consulate (Yang's)

TianYu Garden

How do you do.

Very happy and thank you for encouraging.

We will do my best in my job. In order to help most couples in the United States, We will try to do better.

Thanks very much! GOOD LUCK !

Yang jiahua

AHHHHHH.... isn't free enterprise grand??

Wish TianYu Garden MUCH success ~!!

(but only if you prove the very best value to all here at the Candle ~!!)

We Care About Those Going For Interview ~!

{Edit} Quote Tags Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Nice to see you .

Although I don't know who you are, but I think you might have some misunderstanding on my work before, or in some let you were not satisfied.

But I want to say to you, I will try to do the best, to make up for the deficiency of previous. Thank you very much.

I'll remember oneself do not good enough for me, this is your advice, thank you again!

Welcome to ask the precious opinion, our improvement opportunities and direction.

Hope you have a good life with your wife in USA.

Thanks very much.

Yang jiahua

The Yangs are awesome,you wont go wrong there.

HOW DO YOU DO.

you are like very good in this picture. I think you are very love each other. Wish you happy every day.

Wait your good news as soon as.

Thanks again.

Yang Jiahua

hello, HOW DO YOU DO.

Welcome you to Guangzhou. WISH YOU GOOD LUCK IN YOUR INTERVIEW.

Yang Jiahua

I would like to get in touch with them. I am planing on going to Guangzhou. Sounds like a nice place

We will let you know when we get our interview. We are hoping it will be soon.

Michael

{Edit} Repaired quote tags Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

HOW DO YOU DO.

you are like very good in this picture. I think you are very love each other. Wish you happy every day.

Wait your good news as soon as.

Thanks again.

Yang Jiahua

hello, HOW DO YOU DO.

Welcome you to Guangzhou. WISH YOU GOOD LUCK IN YOUR INTERVIEW.

Yang Jiahua

I would like to get in touch with them. I am planing on going to Guangzhou. Sounds like a nice place

We will let you know when we get our interview. We are hoping it will be soon.

Michael

Does the 'TianYu Garden' take Master Card or Visa?

{edit} Repaired quotes.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

We are staying at the Lang's for the interview. I want to buy a air bed for the stay. What size are the beds?

When we stayed the bed was a double or a queen.

Kyle's Writeup. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=526766

I first intended to write this as one post covering our whole trip, but after writing about day one, I noticed that it was way long. Please accept my apologies for making time-tense mistakes, but I’m tired and I don’t want to fix them.

Monday:

Our overnight train from Wuhan arrived in Guangzhou at 6:00 AM. Mr. Yang, met us at the train station and accompanied us to his building. The walk took approximately 10 minutes, but bear in mind that I’m a big dude and walk slower than most folks. I was concerned about everyone speaking Cantonese, which many of them do, but Mr. Yang is from Hunan and speaks Mandarin very well. I was able to easily converse with him. He doesn’t speak any English.

The apartment we stayed in was spacious. A huge living room, furnished with several tables, a television, and some stuffed chairs. They provide internet free of charge, but they only have DSL hookup (I was able to use Skype out to call America, no problems. Signal was loud and clear on both ends), however, I was able to find unsecured wifi access from our living room.

The kitchen was huge and supplied the usual appliances you’d find in China: refrigerator, propane stovetop, etc.

The bathroom had a walk in shower, no bath and a western styled toilet. You will need to bring your own towels.

The Yangs ran out of one bedroom suites when we arrived, so they gave us a two bedroom suite. The beds, although not American soft, we softer than most beds we’ve used in China. They charged us an additional 10 RMB per day, which was no problem for us since we got a bigger apartment. NOTE: You'll pay for your visit up front. Price per night for us was 230 RMB.

One thing is for certain, the Yang’s are at a very convenient location. The consulate area is literally less than a five minute walk, in fact, you really can’t miss it. On the same road is an IKEA, which when my wife saw it, went nuts. Directly across the street is a Japanese noodle place (味千拉面 – these are located throughout China, but their pretty good)a Starbucks, KFC, and a Pizza Hut. During my wife’s interview on Wednesday, I’m planning on heading over to the Starbucks instead of waiting in the coffee shop located by the consulate (for the same price you can get more coffee and have access to wifi.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2pr7ldw.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2mxe9mx.jpg

Both of these locations are a stone’s throw from the Yang’s. I thought about making a map, but there is really no need because you’ll see them , especially if Mr. Yang picks you guys from the train station. (If they don't call you which they probably will, just have your Chinese counterpart, or you if you can speak Chinese, and tell them when your getting there, and they'll be happy to meet you. Calling ahead is wise anyways, just to make sure they will have a room waiting for you when you reach GUZ.) You’ll pass them on the way. BTW, Mr. Yang called us twice before we got on the train, just to confirm our arrival time. I appreciated the courteous attention to detail.

http://i50.tinypic.com/28bvecp.jpg

Entrance to the Yang’s. We stayed in building A. There is a building B as well which they also use. No worries, the buildings are right beside each other.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vua979.jpg

Kitchen

http://i48.tinypic.com/fkmcdg.jpg

Laundry Room

Really for the price and all of the services that the Yang’s provide, you really can’t get a better deal. One thing did surprise me. I was minding my own business, when all of the sudden three women unlocked our outer door and walked in. Apparently, the Yangs, because of the lack of apartments mentioned earlier, they used one from another landlord. After contacting Mr. Yang, he sighed and said he’ll take care of it. He sure did. Five minutes later, the three women came up and profusely apologized, and said that they would not return until after we left. I didn’t hear what Yang told them, but my wife did. She said something to the effect “I’ve told you ladies not to interrupt my guests. Stay out while they are there. They expect a certain level of privacy, (not to mention personal documents). Now, my wife also mentioned that his tone was extremely “strong” whatever that means

If you go to Guangzhou in the near future, be sure to always carry your passport with you. Bruce and I were stopped today by a policeman making checks on all foreigners. Apparently, they’re cracking down on those who are staying illegally. Our encounter with the law was pleasant enough – no problems there.

Mrs. Yang was a great help to me. I needed to print out pictures (8 pictures cost around 10 RMB) of our apartment in the States, so she took me to a cheap two hour photo shop, which I believe is in a recently built mall near the consulate (if standing on the road in front of the consulate and the consulate it is on your left side, walk about 100 yards). Two hours later, her sister accompanied me back to the photo shop to pick up our photos.

After returning to the apartment, I had about 40 minutes to kill before going to ACH. The Yang’s called to remind me that I needed to get in line at 1:30 PM for ACH. 15 minutes before that time, Mrs. Yang came down and accompanied smokysky and I to the consulate floor. That was probably not needed, but it was nice nonetheless.

For those of you who are on the fence about attending ACH, I would recommend it, if for anything else, it’s cool to see where my wife would have her interview. If you’ve ever been to a bank in China, it’s exactly like that.

MORE...

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

http://i49.tinypic.com/33wm9gi.jpg

Messy living room (our fault)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2v2faq8.jpg

Dining table. ¨C The Yang¡¯s also got their hands on an iron and ironing board for me.

http://i45.tinypic.com/vw03c.jpg

Bathroom - The shower faucet is outside the divider behind the door/ opposite of the sink.

http://i50.tinypic.com/15qyydv.jpg

Bedroom

Sorry, couldn't fit all of the pictures on one post. I realize the shots are a little tight, but it was hard to get a full room shot. It should be enough though to give you an idea. I'll post again tomorrow.

Mrs. Yang, I know you read this thread often. I want you to clearly understand that Jingjing and I are extremely happy with both you and your husband. You are making our Guangzhou stay a very enjoyable and relaxing experience. We both feel that you are honest and show great integrity. The negative experience that happened to us today was not your fault, and we'll be certain to recommend your apartments to future people here at CFL.

Mrs. Yang, I know you read this thread often. I want you to clearly understand that Jingjing and I are extremely happy with both you and your husband. You are making our Guangzhou stay a very enjoyable and relaxing experience. We both feel that you are honest and show great integrity. The negative experience that happened to us today was not your fault, and we'll be certain to recommend your apartments to future people here at CFL.

The Yang's are great help. Mrs Yang found a big mistake one my I 134.

That could have caused a blue slip. Told us several things about my

other papers. A great help. I am so glad we stay with them.

MR Kyle,

THANKS VERY MUCH.

Congratulations to you, Very happy for your visa smoothly .

Thank you very much, this is really the understanding of words.

And the first day you meet, feel that you are a very sincere. Talk to you, let me feel happy, you are so smart, and Chinese said so well, you and your wife is very good. I wish you all the happiness in the United States could soon have their own children,.

Your parents are so NICE, and hope they healthy. Happy is very important in our life. Hope you happy everyday.

In order for your support and understanding, I'll do it best.

THANKS AGAIN.

HOPE you stay and happy in Guangzhou everyday.

Yang Jiahua and Lei Fangfang

Hello, smokiessky

How do you do.

You and your fiancee is good match and nice.

Wish your fiancee success in her interview on 30 Nov.

I will bless you.

If you have another question in your visa, you can call me. I will do my best help for you.

Wish you are happy in Guangzhou.

Yang Jiahua and Lei fangfang

The Yang's are great help. Mrs Yang found a big mistake one my I 134.

That could have caused a blue slip. Told us several things about my

other papers. A great help. I am so glad we stay with them.

• 3 weeks later...

They just posted it on page 12,

Hello, Nice to see you.

My web is www.yangjiahua.com.

If You with your fiancee(husband) come to Guangzhou, I advise you rent one bed room with a living room, a bath room, a kitchen, a balcony. This price is 220rmb one night except during the fair (from 15 OCT to 07 NOV).

OK, You first look my web, then you call me or my wife.

My number is 13724842886(only in chinese), my wife is 13725270589(can speack little english).My office number is 862038800200.

welcome you to Guangzhou

Yangjiahua

We just got back from the yangs a couple of weeks ago. Our price was 230 (10 RMB) more than the stated price because they gave us a larger room. For more information you can read my writeup

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry526766

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=526944

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=39635&hl=