Remembering past interviews

Well, there I sat, another waiting room, alone and wondering how Jen is doing. I thought it interesting that it was one week shy of the 5th anniversary of Jen's interview in Guangzhou. But this was different. I didn't have to fly 6000 miles to get there, it was just 10 minutes by car. And this time I get to go into the building. Jen has gone in just 5 minutes now so she should be anothe 20. What? the door opened! My heart races but then, it's only some guy leaving. That was close. I remember Jen coming out of the embassy only % minutes in and me almost panicing. Then, she took in her purse only to have them make come give it to me. Great! Now I get to stand in the rain with a purse. But then, the end result that day was a pink slip and a visa, but then, back to today. So the time ticks off and almost like clock work, out she comes. 5 years ago I could see right away that the interview met with success, but I can't seem to read her today. She says that we have to sit and wait 10 minutes and someone will come give us a paper. I asked, for what? She said, "for where to go, I finished the test." SHE PASSED! :redblob: :) :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob:

So, just like that, it was over. Just like clockwork, a man came out 30 minutes later and gave us a paper inviting Jen to the Memorial Auditorim next Thursday June 17, 2010, 1 year and 1 day since the Guangzhou interview, to take the oath of citizenship and my Chinese bride, will be my American Girl. :wub:

Congratulations to you both! That's great news!