clothing for interview

My lawyer told use we should wear profesional clothing for our interview. Can I see some examples of some of the outfits you all wore to the interview.

My lawyer told use we should wear profesional clothing for our interview. Can I see some examples of some of the outfits you all wore to the interview.

This will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the interview. My wife is from a farming family. She wore jeans and a nice shirt. Duration of interview - 2 minutes. Passed with flying colors.

They don't care very much how you are dressed. They care more about how your case looks and if you have a bonafide relationship.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

My wife wore business attire. Most people I saw waiting in line wore something a little more dressy than their usual Saturday lounging clothes.

http://img.tradeindia.com/tradeleads/2/org_1832904.jpg

My wife wore something similar like the woman on the left (light pink blazer black dress pants). If you have or can afford business clothes, I'd go for it. Looking professional can help one act professional (my experience)

EDIT:

I agree with Randy below. This being your one shot - I'd do everything you (the applicant) can do to make sure your overall presentation - physical attire and kitchen sink contents count.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

It's fine to SAY it doesn't matter - just remember that she has 5 minutes (probably less) to make an impression on the VO. There's no doubt in my mind that the perkier applicants are more likely to overcome any doubts the VO may have.

My wife wore business casual. Yes I agree with Randy and Kyle. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we are a very judgmental species and our appearance can certainly make an impression either pro or con. It certainly will not hurt to dress up a bit.

My wife wore a long, dark blue, button-up dress shirt that had an interesting collar (kind of like you see on a qipao) and a waist-belt attached. With this, she wore light gray jeans and dark heels. She looked extremely nice, but only a tad bit dressy.

A few days before the interview, we went out for a shopping trip where she got her new outfit for the interview. It was a nice reward for the work she put in as far as preparing for the interview. Plus it relaxed her since, like many other Chinese women, one of her favorite things to do is 'guangjie.'

It is always recommended to dress appropriately for the interview.

When going to an interview dress smartly.

Clean shirt, slacks, shoes. Think you are going to see grandma, or an important job interview. Formal attire is also too much.

Example:

Jon showed up at his interview wearing expensive leather shoes and around his neck, a chain with solid gold marijuana leaf dangling from it. The officer took one look at this and went right into questioning him as to weather he had ever tried, abused or sold drugs. Jon wouldn't admit to anything, she referred him for another medical exam. The doctor found evidence of drug use in Jon's bloodstream, and he was denied the visa.

So don't wear anything that will attract attention.

I know you are asking about a woman's interview attire, but if it might help anyone with their hubby interviewing, I dressed my hubby in suit and tie. The tie was pink of course. Suit was black with a plain white dress shirt.

I agree with what others have said. I am sure it is possible to get the two minute interview and pass while wearing your regular lounge-wear, but if you are going to go all for it anyway, wearing professional attire cannot hurt.

Never thought about .. I let my wife pick her own clothes out ... she seemed to have done a good job ... :P

But in keeping with the thread .. she wore what I would call business casual for the office. Dress pants and jackets with blouse and low heels.

One wife in line with us wore what I would call High Class KTV attire but she also got a pink (and was one of the first ones to get called for an interview... hummmmm) -- :D

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)