The beginning of the end...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone.

I'm just glad i can finally stop worrying about all this. Like JohnP told me last night 'its all down hill from here'.

In all honesty, i think that GUZ is turning over a new leaf.

I've spent the last 7 months day and night studying GUZ in particular, past & present, and from what i saw in the 2 weeks i spent down there, it seemed like the majority of applicants were all pink. On the 5th we want to see a friend that had interviewed, and she said the whole day there was only one white, all the rest were pink.

Now for my review:

I wont even bother with the first part, everyone knows how that goes.

My girl was one of the last ones out, and one of only 4 K-1s that day.

We had prepared ALOT- my whole thinking through this entire process in putting our stuff together was:

1. make them want to give us the visa. Have all the necessities, and show them the bona fides of our relationship.

But seeing how this was GUZ, i wasn't going to take any chances. So-

2. Prevent them from giving us anything but pink. Eliminate the blue and white slips as possibilities entirely.

I did this by making sure i did ALL my homework, and then some. I studied other peoples blues, and the sheet itself. I systematically prepared everything that was reasonable that anyone's blue-slip asked for. This means that its impossible to issue a blue, unless they just flat out refused to see that we had it already. AND i had a backup plan if they tried to do that.

As for white, i made sure that Yun knew absolutely as much as i did. If they asked her a question, and she didnt know the answer, then i sure as hell dont know the answer either. Prove a bona fide relationship, plus our communication, and a white is rendered obsolete. If they wanted to issue one, they would have to make a fool of themselves to do so. AND i had a backup plan if they tried to do that.

Now, for our 'red flag' list:

1. I am 20, and Yun is 5 1/2 years older than me;

2. Our I-129F was prepared with only the bare necessities;

3. I had very little heavy weight for my I-134;

4. We had an unclear engagement date, and no mention of our engagement details were provided in the I-129F;

5. Not really a red flag, but our 'plight': i could not marry in china for 2-3 more years.

6. My cosponsor is 90 and retired, but qualifys generously nonetheless.

7. Our K-1 is 'untypical'. I mean this because we have been living together for a year and 6 months now. Just about everyone that lives together through this is CR-1.

On interview day, Yun said that she watched as the infamous "Black Pearl" gave out pinks all day, and the "Korean guy" issued only 1 pink, and all the rest were blues.

She said she was praying to get the black woman, and then suddenly her number got called to see the Korean guy! After that, in the words of another friend who watched her interview, "It was crazy".

She said that while she interviewed, one minute they would both be using Chinese, and the next English- switching languages the entire time. Her friend told me it did'nt even look like an interview, but rather two friends laughing and smiling the whole time.

First she handed him my notarized EOR. He didnt want to take it at first, but yun insisted. Still, she said he didnt read it. She handed him my passport, and he spend a long time reading it, particularly the page that said i had pages added on the 5th. He also spent a while showing my cosponsor's 134 to a person shadowing him.

Then, the questions asked were:

1. Who applied for you?

2. How & Where did you two meet?

3. How many times has he come to China?

4. Do either of you have brothers/sisters?

5. Whats his sister's name?

6. Whats his birthday?

7. Do you have any relationships in the US? (other than me & my family)

8. Why do you love him?

Then he looked at our picture book with our best pictures in it. But where things really got crazy was when he saw a photo of Yun and I half-naked showing off our twin red underpants! He asked "What's this?" And she said it was the first time he smiled all day!

She responded by saying that she thought the picture was very beautiful, and he agreed!

Well, that's about all i know about it, and in no particular order of course. And somewhere after that he issued her a pink.

But, something i think was the BIGGEST factor in getting the pink for us, was something i had been stressing all along: something to make our case unique- something to make the VO smile.

Although we had a few gold nuggets hidden around our evidence to do this, in this case it was the underwear picture that drove it home. I think that had we not had it there, we would just be another number, and it would be a lot easier for him to give a blue or white.

It certainly was'nt a no-interview interview, but i think that with all the time we had spent preparing, there really couldn't have been another outcome.

In summary, my advice? Two things:

1. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! I cannot stress this enough. This sole factor can make or break your case. Study those that have similar situations as you- and even though its a little scary- study those that got denied or blued. This way you will know what they'll want to see on interview day (such as ex-wife's employment address, name, and all that good stuff they ask for, if you have an ex- IN ADDITION to the divorce decree), and you can prevent them from giving you ANYTHING BUT PINK.

and

2. Go the extra mile to give your case something unique! Something to make them laugh! The hardest part here is just ensuring that they see it, so provide as much as possible to do this (so long as it wouldn't be detrimental of course).

Thats it. I know i gave it my best. Thats all you can do, right?

Edited by moonandstar99 (see edit history)

This way you will know what they'll want to see on interview day (such as ex-wife's employment address, name, and all that good stuff they ask for, if you have an ex- IN ADDITION to the divorce decree),

?! Where/when did you see that asked for? There are many divorced people who have no idea what there ex is up to or where they live.

This way you will know what they'll want to see on interview day (such as ex-wife's employment address, name, and all that good stuff they ask for, if you have an ex- IN ADDITION to the divorce decree),

?! Where/when did you see that asked for? There are many divorced people who have no idea what there ex is up to or where they live.

All of that should be included with the original petition. If you don't know where they are then you provide a statement saying so.

I've seen that request many times here on VJ and CFL.

The reason i mentioned that in particular, was because when i was waiting on my girl, i met a guy downstairs who had never been on 001, VJ, or CFL. he made the mistake that many do, of thinking he could breeze through this as long as his relationship was real. He was K-1 too.

About 5 minutes before my girl got out, his girl came down with a BLUE, asking for his ex-wife's address, occupation, her work address, phone number, etc. For the next 5 minutes before i learned we were pink, i was pretty worried myself, considering the small number of K-1s that day.