The beginning of the end...

Well then i guess that solves it. Its amazing how little people actually read the official instructions, and then get all surprised come interview day.

In practice though, i think that this (although it is right on p4) is actually only asked for maybe 50% of the time, so in some respect you would be preparing this document just in case, but really, there isn't much excuse not to have it: its right there.

Not trying to scold anyone, just think its amazing how often people are blued for documents that they actually tell you to get- a lot of times they like to blue for stuff they dont tell you to get.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then i guess that solves it. Its amazing how little people actually read the official instructions, and then get all surprised come interview day.

In practice though, i think that this (although it is right on p4) is actually only asked for maybe 50% of the time, so in some respect you would be preparing this document just in case, but really, there isn't much excuse not to have it: its right there.

Not trying to scold anyone, just think its amazing how often people are blued for documents that they actually tell you to get- a lot of times they like to blue for stuff they dont tell you to get.

and also people that have the kitchen sink and submitted all things asked for STILL get blued for things that they had only because the VO wants to stall for more time. There is no magic formula.

From the Appointment Instuctions for Immigrant Visa Applicants.

4th page 3rd line

¡ñ If this is not your first marriage, please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview: your ex-spouse¡¯s name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), last known address and telephone number.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho...t-%20Dec_09.pdf

From what I understand the above statement from the OF-171 is for the Beneficary and not the petitioner, correct? That is How I have interepeted the statement, becuase the OF-171 starts out by saying "The Consulate is ready to proceed with your immigrant visa application by granting you (and your derivatives) an interview" Thus meaning the Beneficiary. In my case, my wife has never been married before, thus a mute point..

Dan

4th page 3rd line

¡ñ If this is not your first marriage, please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview: your ex-spouse¡¯s name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), last known address and telephone number.

We were talking about the petitioner provide ex-wife information. This is the requirement for the beneficiary (i.e. the IV applicant) not the petitioner.

Solves what? You should re-read the instructions and think about who they are for.

4th page 3rd line

From what I understand the above statement from the OF-171 is for the Beneficary and not the petitioner, correct? That is How I have interepeted the statement, becuase the OF-171 starts out by saying "The Consulate is ready to proceed with your immigrant visa application by granting you (and your derivatives) an interview" Thus meaning the Beneficiary. In my case, my wife has never been married before, thus a mute point..

Dan

You are correct.

4th page 3rd line

We were talking about the petitioner provide ex-wife information. This is the requirement for the beneficiary (i.e. the IV applicant) not the petitioner.

I being the petitioner and yes, made a previous error of judgement and now have a vicious ex-wife for many years now.. I have submitted the divorce decree with the I-130, so I should (and I do)have copies of the (my divorce) decree for the wife during the interview?

Just in case she is again asked for it, Correct? But If I was a guessing man i would say, yes because all documents sent to the National visa Center were emailed, I did Electronic processing.

At any rate, I will be sure that I have all documents with me, or should I say my wife will have to haul around those many pounds of paper to the 5th floor...

Dan

4th page 3rd line

I being the petitioner and yes, made a previous error of judgement and now have a vicious ex-wife for many years now.. I have submitted the divorce decree with the I-130, so I should (and I do)have copies of the (my divorce) decree for the wife during the interview?

Just in case she is again asked for it, Correct? But If I was a guessing man i would say, yes because all documents sent to the National visa Center were emailed, I did Electronic processing.

At any rate, I will be sure that I have all documents with me, or should I say my wife will have to haul around those many pounds of paper to the 5th floor...

Dan

Yes I would have a copy of the divorce decree. If you have contact information for your ex-wife then have her bring that with her too.

Where did you get married? China? If so then they should know you are "officially" divorced.

4th page 3rd line

Dan

Dan, I understand your jitters...just keep asking questions until you get it sorted out.

To answer your questions in this post...make sure you r wife has an original of every document you sent a copy of to the USCIS and NVC. This includes what you sent in about yourself, and her...and I mean EVERYTHING....birth certificates, copys of white books, divorce decrees, if you sent a copy of something, you have her loaded with the original of that document at her interview.

Your case is already sent in, I would suggest you look for blue questions and have your wife prepared with EVERY question that you can find that has ever been asked for on a blue slip.

It's a huge plus that your wife has never been married before. You guys should be fine at the interview.

tsap seui

Solves what? You should re-read the instructions and think about who they are for.

Well, not considering the mistake i made of thinking that statement on the packet 4 was applying to both persons, it still solves one thing: what details djwalker60 should include on his statement.

Although technically that statement isn't aimed towards him, the petitioner's ex's info is nevertheless a more-than-uncommon denial at GUZ- one which he should prepare for to help prevent a possible denial- and p4 contains the details as to what it should include.

I don't know how you missed that.

Well, not considering the mistake i made of thinking that statement on the packet 4 was applying to both persons, it still solves one thing: what details djwalker60 should include on his statement.

Although technically that statement isn't aimed towards him, the petitioner's ex's info is nevertheless a more-than-uncommon denial at GUZ- one which he should prepare for to help prevent a possible denial- and p4 contains the details as to what it should include.

Your right I miss how the P4 applies at how to the petitioner and I miss how you can accuse people of not being able to read and then just dismiss your own reading ability mistake.

I don't think the petitioner's ex info. is a more than uncommon denial at GUZ. I know many who were married before we never had to supply this information. It depends on the specific case and red flags that an ex-marriage could raise (i.e. the petitioner and ex still have joint property together, etc.).

But anybody can bring what they want...just don't expect that GUZ will take it if they have decided to stall or deny the visa. And definitely don't expect that one would have been able to open a can of whoop ass on GUZ if blue or white slipped as you implied in another post that you would have done.

Your right I miss how the P4 applies at how to the petitioner and I miss how you can accuse people of not being able to read and then just dismiss your own reading ability mistake.

I don't think the petitioner's ex info. is a more than uncommon denial at GUZ. I know many who were married before we never had to supply this information. It depends on the specific case and red flags that an ex-marriage could raise (i.e. the petitioner and ex still have joint property together, etc.).

But anybody can bring what they want...just don't expect that GUZ will take it if they have decided to stall or deny the visa. And definitely don't expect that one would have been able to open a can of whoop ass on GUZ if blue or white slipped as you implied in another post that you would have done.

I have tried my best to review reasons as to blue slips. So far from my research I have come up with some basic reasons, Such as:

• Lack of proof of bona fide relationship - lack of pictures, emails, phone bills, things of this nature: Correct?
  • On the bona fide relationship side,,, my wife is pregnant with our first child.... Maybe that will help :blink:
  • Lack of financial Support ( I make 100K a year so this for me is a non-issue)
  • Not brining enough to prove Financial worthiness, ie. three years of taxes, or 3 years of tax transcripts, employer letter, paystubs, w2 statements.. I have then all plus more

But beyond that, the information eludes me as to what else can be asked. I am sure a question or two about when we meet? how we meet? Why did I divorce my ex-wife? Plus the other basic questions about me, my work, my family, where I live. Did I miss anything?

Sorry to bore all of you with these days of nerves, but I am hoping those that have gone through this can instill upon me some things that I may have over looked? Something that only the Experience of the moment can provide. But as in any situation, each situation is different. But yet, as different as they may seem each interview is the same.. An Oxymoron? or .... :unsure:

I do appreciate any and all comments, and thank each of you for your time in reading and posting your thoughts and experiences for me.

Thanks

Dan

Seattle, WA