What would happen if I brought back DVD's?

Hmmmm I think I will just EMS them to myself back in mesa.

I have 15-20 i bought and i am a chicken to bring them back. If I do bring them and they find them will they most likely just take em away?

I doubt they will make it. They will have to go through customs then. When we wanted to send some watches from here to USA the UPS manager told us we would have to include documentation to prove they were not knock offs or they would be confiscated by customs.

Maybe fake DVDs would be different. You can try.

I have 15-20 i bought and i am a chicken to bring them back. If I do bring them and they find them will they most likely just take em away?

If they're too bulky, ou can take them out of the packing and pack them in your luggage. The liner notes come out real easily. You can buy new cases pretty cheap.

Then again, they will probably notice the guilty look on your face. :ph34r: B)

Robert two years ago I brought back about 50 of them and they were obviously pirates. I never had a hint of a problem. I came out of Beijing and landed in Chicago. As long as you don't have like a thousand of them or several thousand which would indicate that you are going to resell them for a profit. Or if you have say 100-300 of the same title which would indicate that you were going to sell them. Just for your own use I don't think you will have any problem.

A strange thing did occur on that trip. My wife was given a coca cola on the plane and she did not drink it. She put it in her purse and in Chicago they caught it and took it from her with a caution. Strange huh?

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

I was told they pin each DVD you bring to your body, and then take you to the target range to see if they can hit the hole in the middle without breaking the DVD.

I was told they make you watch them ALL before you leave the customs area.

I doubt they will make it. They will have to go through customs then. When we wanted to send some watches from here to USA the UPS manager told us we would have to include documentation to prove they were not knock offs or they would be confiscated by customs.

Maybe fake DVDs would be different. You can try.

I tend to agree... Chicken little needs to just put them in luggage and stop the paranoia. I've brought back hundreds... but that's just me.. and most others on this site :eatyum:

I never had a problem on 5 trips, always brought back a bunch, all from different ports, Guz,Beijing,Shanghai,Hongkong, never a problem with over 70 dvds... hardly have watched any of them. :coolthumb:

I think they hassle non USC more so than USC... Once I put down that a had a rolex,,, they said you know it is not real? I said yes and that was it.