Snow coming!

samsong

I hear ya Randy...let us know the temp in July and August, better yet, the humidity. :P

Me personally, I love the four seasons, you have basically a change every 3 months or so, so you don't get too much of cold or hot...plus you have half the year taken up with the beauty of spring and fall.

. . .

Good luck in CHinertucky, yer gittin' to live a charmed life.

tsap seui

About 2 or 3 degrees COOLER than in Houston, and much less humid, also (if you can count 80% humidity as LESS). Still 60 in. a year of rain, but I've always wanted to live in the TROPICS (where you don't have to run outside to protect your plants when you hear somethins about a FREEZE - here 50F is bone-chilling freezing)

The Chinese have a word for that - egg nishing . It's even in cars these days (at least ours)

And thank you I am.

Yep, I know you are living a dream, and when I'm at our home in China, I feel blessed too. I often think, if I could only get the lil' rabbit a 6 month tourist visa, let her get this "gotta see America" business over with. ;)

How I try to lose the thought of how we could live in China on the paltry, monthly, 30,000 chairman Maos (exchanged) that his brother Uncle Sam direct deposits in my bank. Maybe in another couple of years. :P The adventure in America will be fun anyhow.

tsap seui

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back online finally! The power just came back on after being out for 25 hours and let me tell ya...that was a bone-chilling 25 hours! The snow storm turned into a ice storm which is even worse! There's nothing worse than living in the cold. It turned off about 7 pm last night and sleeping wasn't so bad due to the house still retaining some heat but all day today it was cold and I was told the power won't be on to tomorrow so I was dreading tonight! I wasn't looking forward to a freezing night without any heat when temps. are whipping around 12 degrees F!.:cold:

All is a okay now, thank goodness. But nothing is fun about not having heat, lights, and TV at all! It's like living literally in the stone age.

The ice storm snapped pine trees in half. I went to bed hearing the ice slamming into the house and then I heard a big breaking sound. I'm trying to figure out what it was when I heard another. At morning I could see what it was. The ice snapped several pines taking down power lines with it. It was a hell of a mess around home and the county today. Trees down everywhere! Ice storms are treacherous!

Have fun with the snow, Delaware and Maryland. It's coming! :lol:

We are getting now, I dont know about the fun part thou! :cold:

Yeah,,, here I am telling you all to have fun and I lost power last night and all day today. I'll be the first to tell you,,, it sure ain't no fun!... After getting power back, I saw on the news people all over several states had lost power, 200,000 in VA alone. I hope you didn't lose yours!...

Have fun with the snow, Delaware and Maryland. It's coming! :surprise:

We are getting now, I dont know about the fun part thou! ;)

Yeah,,, here I am telling you all to have fun and I lost power last night and all day today. I'll be the first to tell you,,, it sure ain't no fun!... After getting power back, I saw on the news people all over several states had lost power, 200,000 in VA alone. I hope you didn't lose yours!...

B) And here I was talkin' about the mounains savin' us from the storm...yep...only 15 to 18 inches. At least I got my home, a 1986 rusted out Chebie pickem-up truck, dug out and ready to roll at a moments notice. :romantic:

Sam, I remember that part of Na and down into Carolina havin' ice storms...often just a couple of degrees either way and no problem.

tsap seui

At least I got my home, a 1986 rusted out Chebie pickem-up truck, dug out and ready to roll at a moments notice. :horsehit:

tsap seui

So cuzin, how many of them yankees did it take to digs yer house out this time? :horsehit:

Funny that you axe me that thar question, cuzin' Moon Shine...there are 8 fellers that come from "south of the border" so to speak that lives next to me.

I couldn't find hide nor hair of no stinkin' yankees around here, so's I'm out there shubblin' my owndamnself outta this mess...I was decompensating quickly, when...up walks 5 of these nice fellers and they have two shubbles betwixt them, one points at my shubble and politely says..."please"...well, I give him my shubble and he and the other two fellers finish up the job, lickity split. That rusted out '86 Chebbie I calls home wuz shubbled out like magic, I tells ya.

I jest stood back with a big ol' possum grin on my face and wartched them make the white crap fly.

And here people complains about them folks comin' up here and takin' jobs...shucks damn, the onliest jobs they is taken is frum lazy dead beat yankees, ya know wudda mean? :horsehit:

tsap seui

Have fun with the snow, Delaware and Maryland. It's coming! :horsehit:

We are getting now, I dont know about the fun part thou! :horsehit:

Yeah!! We survived 24 inches plus and 30- 40 mph winds, and got very lucky with not losing power, forecast now for more snow coming Wed, so here we go again, more fun :horsehit: Well with no heat and no power at least you get to sleep closer together!!

6 to 10 more inches on top of what we already have,, just GREAT!!!!!

Yep, they're calling for another 6-8 for us to. No problem ir's just stick the shovel in the snow, lift shovel, and throw. Our main roads are good, we lost now power, and even my mailbox is cleared.

Good luck, those nor'easters have made a mess this year.

Up here we've been real lucky this year, and haven't even had much snow in the past decade.

tsap seui

I talked to my brother who lives in DC and he said they got hammered. Today in Wuhan it was nice and sunny 60 degrees F. :ph34r:

I talked to my brother who lives in DC and he said they got hammered. Today in Wuhan it was nice and sunny 60 degrees F. :ph34r:

Turning from mud to dusty down here as the rain stops - city workers were actually out shoveling dirt off the road (in addition to the little old ladies with the cone-shaped hats) - and 82F here for a few days.

I also see it's gonna be 84 degrees in Brisbane, Australia tomorrow, it's now 72 in their evening. :)

As the Aussie's in south east Queensland say, "brilliant today, perfect tomorrow, mate".

tsap seui

Guest Tony n Terrific

It was 1F today here when I got up. A bit nippy out. They are predicting more snow through Weds. here adding about 6". In Nanning tomorrow will be sunny and a balmy 81.