Snow coming!

samsong

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In western PA we got about 21 inches over the weekend and I believe we're supposed to get about 6 or 7 more over the next few days.

I've been so happy that my wife has been able to experience this type of weather as its something she's never seen before. She jumped for joy when she found out her classes are canceled for tomorrow!

And she's still calling plow-trucks "Mr. Plow," which is pretty darn cute.

Hope you guys who got hit harder don't have anywhere you need to go...

I am one hundred miles east of Pittsburg, in Bedford. It looks like we got 15 to 18 inches out of that last storm, and like you're area, their calling for another 6-8 inches tomorrow evening and Wednesday.

Mr. Plow :lol:

My wife asked me on my first trip if I lived in "hot"? I laughed and told her no, each year we have four seasons. Her hometown weather is very much the same temps on the average as we have here, which is lucky for me. Lil' rabbit has laughingly told me that if I lived in "always hot", she wouldn't come to America to live with me. :D She loves the four seasons and snow. Same with me, but 2 or 3 inches of snow is enough for me. ;) We've been lucky the last 8 or 9 years and just gotten small snowfalls.

It's beautiful out in western Pa. I love it in the mountains here, but when she comes over next year, I have thoughts about moving closer to Pittsburg for the food we could buy there at the strip.

tsap seui

Hmm, I had always thought of you as a southern guy...

We live about a 5-10 minute drive from the strip. There are a couple good Chinese grocers down there. We usually stop in every week or two for something or other -- if my wife doesn't need anything I get some cans or cartons of 'wang lao ji'

Wow, tsap seui in Pittsburgh... Interesting!

In western PA we got about 21 inches over the weekend and I believe we're supposed to get about 6 or 7 more over the next few days.

I've been so happy that my wife has been able to experience this type of weather as its something she's never seen before. She jumped for joy when she found out her classes are canceled for tomorrow!

And she's still calling plow-trucks "Mr. Plow," which is pretty darn cute.

Hope you guys who got hit harder don't have anywhere you need to go...

I am one hundred miles east of Pittsburg, in Bedford. It looks like we got 15 to 18 inches out of that last storm, and like you're area, their calling for another 6-8 inches tomorrow evening and Wednesday.

Mr. Plow :lol:

My wife asked me on my first trip if I lived in "hot"? I laughed and told her no, each year we have four seasons. Her hometown weather is very much the same temps on the average as we have here, which is lucky for me. Lil' rabbit has laughingly told me that if I lived in "always hot", she wouldn't come to America to live with me. :cheering: She loves the four seasons and snow. Same with me, but 2 or 3 inches of snow is enough for me. ;) We've been lucky the last 8 or 9 years and just gotten small snowfalls.

It's beautiful out in western Pa. I love it in the mountains here, but when she comes over next year, I have thoughts about moving closer to Pittsburg for the food we could buy there at the strip.

tsap seui

Hmm, I had always thought of you as a southern guy...

We live about a 5-10 minute drive from the strip. There are a couple good Chinese grocers down there. We usually stop in every week or two for something or other -- if my wife doesn't need anything I get some cans or cartons of 'wang lao ji'

Wow, tsap seui in Pittsburgh... Interesting!

And I thought you lived in China. :D

I have very STRONG southern roots from being born in Charlotte, NC and growing up in NC until at 14 my father and mother drug me kickin' and screamin' up to Maryland. :clapping:

Maybe after I get the lil' rabbit over in early 2011 we could have a western Pa. git together. The lil' rabbit and I would love it.

Please try and keep as much of this snowstorm on that end of the Pa turnpike as you can. ;)

tsap seui

Forget red and blue ¡ª color America white. There was snow on the ground in 49 states today. Hawaii was the holdout.

It was the United States of Snow, thanks to an unusual combination of weather patterns that dusted the U.S., including the skyscrapers of Dallas, the peach trees of Atlanta and the Florida Panhandle, where hurricanes are more common than snowflakes.

More than two-thirds of the nation¡¯s land mass had snow on the ground when the day dawned, and then it snowed ever so slightly in Florida to make it 49 states out of 50.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20...PDATE/100212026

Wow.......I wonder if that is a first? We have 4 inches on the ground here now.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)
Guest Tony n Terrific

The weatherman is predicting for SW Ohio is going to have up to 11" inches of snow here in the next 24 hours. I-75 will be a parking lot for over a 100 miles now.

This is the worst weather in February around here in 32 years.

The weatherman is predicting for SW Ohio is going to have up to 11" inches of snow here in the next 24 hours. I-75 will be a parking lot for over a 100 miles now.

This is the worst weather in February around here in 32 years.

Snowing pretty hard here right now. Yep, this is the most snow this time of year I've seen in a long time. I'll be glad to see this winter gone! :P