Snow coming!

samsong

Is this storm another nor'easter coming up the coast?

We have nothing on the ground in mountain country Pennsyltucky, and it isn't supposed to start snowing here until early afternoon. The mountains saved us from the storm last week and we got nothing out of it.

Now, it looks like a cell that we are in the middle of locally that they are calling for 8-12 inches. Just north of us is supposed to get next to nothing. :blink:

Good luck to you guys down yonder. I'm only 100 miles away from Washington, DC and they've had much much more snow than us...then again, it's been nor'easters coming up the coast. I doubt we've had 7 inches total all winter.

tsap seui

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have nothing on the ground in mountain country Pennsyltucky, and it isn't supposed to start snowing here until early afternoon. The mountains saved us from the storm last week and we got nothing out of it.

Now, it looks like a cell that we are in the middle of locally that they are calling for 8-12 inches. Just north of us is supposed to get next to nothing. :blink:

Good luck to you guys down yonder. I'm only 100 miles away from Washington, DC and they've had much much more snow than us...then again, it's been nor'easters coming up the coast. I doubt we've had 7 inches total all winter.

tsap seui

Yeah it is a nor easter right at us,, I dont think you mountain boys are going to get slammed like us flatlanders, but it is a coming

Now, it looks like a cell that we are in the middle of locally that they are calling for 8-12 inches. Just north of us is supposed to get next to nothing. :lol:

tsap seui

Yeah it is a nor easter right at us,, I dont think you mountain boys are going to get slammed like us flatlanders, but it is a coming

Yeah, those nor'easters were always the worst. Good luck to you guys. The mountains usually save us a bit from them, but this one is gonna hit us too...starting...as I type. :(

tsap seui

I hear ya Randy...let us know the temp in July and August, better yet, the humidity. :lol:

Me personally, I love the four seasons, you have basically a change every 3 months or so, so you don't get too much of cold or hot...plus you have half the year taken up with the beauty of spring and fall.

I have NO love of snow, but in the cold I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, but even nekked don't even make you cooler in the hot/high humidity. :P

I spent a little time in Murphy, NC...as far west in NC as you can go, it's in the corner with Georgia and Tennesse. A friend took me around to meet some realtors and get a quick education on realty there. Turns out they have lots of folks who retired up north...moved to Florida and bounced back up to the mountains in NC. They couldn't take the heat and humidity of "paradise" and they missed the changing seasons. :ok:

I like your photos and continuing story of life in China Randy...and I see EVERYONE of those tropical trees and plants in the background. :(

Good luck in CHinertucky, yer gittin' to live a charmed life.

tsap seui

Guest Tony n Terrific

The press have dubbed this snow storm for the Mid-Atlantic States

"Snowmaggedon".

The heaviest snowfall totals most likely will be in West Virginia, northern Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, southern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. It is expected to dump 1 to 2 feet of snow by the time it winds down Saturday evening.

Reading the caption along with the photograph, people are calling the snowstorm 'snowpacolypse'. Pleeezzzeee!!! whadda bunch of whimps! ;)

DC is expecting maybe a foot. That's nothing to cry about. Damn! Anything to make a headline!

The snow has already came and went my way and we probably got about 6 or 7 inches. Big Deal! I don't know what other places are getting. I moved out in this part of the state in 1991 and since then I've seen two snows that can be called a blizzard, let alone 'snowpocalypse'. One snow was in 1993 and the other in 1996. Those are the only two times it has really snowed. Each time was at least 30 inches of snow and probably more. And people are crying over a little 'ole 12 inches. I hate to see how they would act in snows like '93 and '96. The news would really have something to report on.

EDIT, and not really edited!

I was previewing my post when I opened the yahoo link, and guess waht? They have taken out the wore 'snowpacoplyse'!!! What do you call that??? because it was there when I read it. AAarrhhhh!......... ;)

Well, it is now gone but it was there! I guess no one will believe me now! :)

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Atlantic-Coa...09atlanticstorm

Today is the third week I have been driving back and forth to school and all of a sudden I felt I am used to the snowy road now. Hubby bought studded tires for my car right after we arrived in SD. These tires help make me feel a little bit more secure than without them. Also the coldness outside makes the home more cozy a place, more like a HOME. This morning when I drove to school, I have been humming a song naturally again and again:

Mountains green,

Waters clear,

Sun shine in the high,,high sky

... ...

(But where are the mountain and water in this snowy SD ? :) ;) ;) ---guess they are in my heart ;) )

Here is a song, very joyous and beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9BgKv2kJyg...PL&index=19

Yeah, the snow ain't nothin', at most a day of hassle and then yer back to normal. ;) No biggie. We're lucky up here in the mountains this year, the nor-easters are blocked pretty well by.... the mountains. :)

tsap seui

I hear ya Randy...let us know the temp in July and August, better yet, the humidity. :D

Me personally, I love the four seasons, you have basically a change every 3 months or so, so you don't get too much of cold or hot...plus you have half the year taken up with the beauty of spring and fall.

. . .

Good luck in CHinertucky, yer gittin' to live a charmed life.

tsap seui

About 2 or 3 degrees COOLER than in Houston, and much less humid, also (if you can count 80% humidity as LESS). Still 60 in. a year of rain, but I've always wanted to live in the TROPICS (where you don't have to run outside to protect your plants when you hear somethins about a FREEZE - here 50F is bone-chilling freezing)

The Chinese have a word for that - egg nishing . It's even in cars these days (at least ours)

And thank you I am.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)