ANYONE WAITING FOR P-3 - THIS WILL HELP

Now let me get this straight.  Once you know that GUZ has you in thier system and you have a number you don't have to wait for them to send you P-3?  You can just download the forms fill them out and send them in?  I don't know how long it takes them to send out P-3 once you're in the system but I can see how it could save you at least a week just in mail transit time.  

Carl

Hi Carl, I'm a little confused by why the P-3 forms are being sent out from GZ for you? Our's are being sent frm the NVC in portsmith, NH. We have already returned the affidavit of support and because they didn't recieve the check for the DS-230 in St. louis we had to resend. So they recieved it and that form was mailed out on Nov.10 and we are still waiting.

A regular letter to friend and family from here in Shenzhen to say mass takes about 10 days and same give or take a day or two from them to us.

Most all of our mail from NVC is running 24 to 30 days from date on the letter head. So we are figuring by dec 10 we should have that form and we will FedEx back to NH and they will have it in 2 to 3 business days. From our experience of doing this back to mass.. fed ex is right on with their delivery..:wub:

Geeez we would love to push this along but are concerned about the bar code page and others that would be needed but awwwww it sure is tempting.. ;) just concerned that saving a week or so by doing that could cause us months of delays if NVC pushed for that bar code page etc.. :(

I guess than the clock will start ticking on the 6 to 8 week process there which invilves the name check and than on to GZ for who knows how long???

Hypoclear,

I think I am now understanding where the confusion is.

I-129F is used for K1-K4 visa applications.

They follow a course with a P3/P4 packets that are generated by the "Posts" (Moscow, GZ, London, etc). These packets require the individuals to fill out and return some of the same forms (DS-230, OF167 or 169???) and send them back to the Posts.

I believe the I-130 is supposed to generate the CR-1??? I haven't been doing this. For this, the P3 packet and DS-230 is more or less generated at the NVC in the USA.

I assume timelines and organizations for the two processes can be quite different.

(Now, you have left poor Robhon's head spinning!!!!)

------ Clifford -----

Now let me get this straight.  Once you know that GUZ has you in thier system and you have a number you don't have to wait for them to send you P-3?  You can just download the forms fill them out and send them in?  I don't know how long it takes them to send out P-3 once you're in the system but I can see how it could save you at least a week just in mail transit time.  

Carl

Hi Carl, I'm a little confused by why the P-3 forms are being sent out from GZ for you? Our's are being sent frm the NVC in portsmith, NH. We have already returned the affidavit of support and because they didn't recieve the check for the DS-230 in St. louis we had to resend. So they recieved it and that form was mailed out on Nov.10 and we are still waiting.

A regular letter to friend and family from here in Shenzhen to say mass takes about 10 days and same give or take a day or two from them to us.

Most all of our mail from NVC is running 24 to 30 days from date on the letter head. So we are figuring by dec 10 we should have that form and we will FedEx back to NH and they will have it in 2 to 3 business days. From our experience of doing this back to mass.. fed ex is right on with their delivery..:wub:

Geeez we would love to push this along but are concerned about the bar code page and others that would be needed but awwwww it sure is tempting.. ;) just concerned that saving a week or so by doing that could cause us months of delays if NVC pushed for that bar code page etc.. :(

I guess than the clock will start ticking on the 6 to 8 week process there which invilves the name check and than on to GZ for who knows how long???

Hypoclear,

I think I am now understanding where the confusion is.

I-129F is used for K1-K4 visa applications.

They follow a course with a P3/P4 packets that are generated by the "Posts" (Moscow, GZ, London, etc). These packets require the individuals to fill out and return some of the same forms (DS-230, OF167 or 169???) and send them back to the Posts.

I believe the I-130 is supposed to generate the CR-1??? I haven't been doing this. For this, the P3 packet and DS-230 is more or less generated at the NVC in the USA.

I assume timelines and organizations for the two processes can be quite different.

(Now, you have left poor Robhon's head spinning!!!!)

------ Clifford -----

Clifford;

I know... hehehe poor Robhon and he has a flight to catch on top of it.;(

Yes i think you have cleared it up because I was confused as well by all these P's. You have it right as our NVC number has the CR1 after it which means? she is immigrating {I 130} and married to me an american.

I think on the affidavit of support or one other form we sent in it asked if she wanted her green card sent to a USA address and if she wanted to apply for a social security number. We of course checked yes to both and supplied my sisters address. This brings up another future question... after she gets her visa, does she get her green card and SS # right than or more of a wait for that?

So it seems this is the reason we are getting our froms from the states, my situation is I am still an expat {american living in China on a visa} I do not have residence here in china. If I had at the time of filing the I 130 I could have filed at GZ.

At the time way back than.. they expected me to fly back to the states to file this form!!??? duh everyone one in america mails it in.. heheheh you mean i have to hand deliver it to you??

So hopefully this time line will be close to others and maybe shorter in GZ. NVC did tell us that GZ may also do a name check.

Mark and Bea

I am 98% sure the supplemental forms are for the P-4.  We never received our P-3 and we just sent by EMS the two required forms.....One month later we had our P-4 and interview DATE!!!!

Guess they don't need all the forms, then. :wub: We just got our P3 less than two weeks ago and there were three forms to send back, not two...

Jerry

Jerry,I just got my p3 mail at hands this afternoon and you are right we need to send 3 documents back, but the Supplemental Sheet Bob said could be the p3 information sheet which includes our GUZ number, name,address,telecode for name and case catagoery......It is like a information sheet not a formal document as DS230 part I and DS169.

good luck for everybody!

Hello everyone, well once again CFL has started a very interesting/slightly confusing thread. I hope this has been of some help to many of you.

Once again the two main documents GZ, is looking for are the DS-230 & the OF-169. Once they receive these documents, then they will then start the next round of investigation that is done solely in Mainland China.

Once this is complete they will then schedule the interview. At this time you may bring any additional paperwork with you. They do not need the supplemental form to start their investigation...

I am sure now, know one is confused here at all!!!!

Leaving to catch a plane in an hour.... BUT I wanted to clarify for anyone who is trying to send in their P3 before their packet is delivered, for K3 you need to return DS-230 Part 1 and OF-169.

DS-230 has two parts. The second part will be with P4.

I'm sure all this is obvious if you have that packet in your hot little hands. It's confusing when you don't.

However, my mother (one of those lurking guests on CFL), found this on the GZ site:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho.../iv/gzfaqs.html