My Yu FINALY got her D.L.

dnoblett

After SIX road tests spanning over two YEARS, as well as AAA Driving School, and TWO Pre-Licensing classes, she finally passed her road test this morning.

She has been tested by the same state examiner the past 3 attempts, the examiner saw much improvement, and told my Yu, "I don't want to see you again!" :)

I told my Yu that this is the normal way examiners tell a student driver that they passed the exam.

I knew she would, last Monday on our drive home I did not need to point out any mistakes, I had some strong talks with her these past few weeks and after her last failure, that she makes same mistakes over, and over, and needs to STOP making them, I think this has finally sunk in.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!! I see what I have to look forward to now. :blink:

BTW, you do understand the reason it took so long is because you did not teach her good. :lol:

She kept saying that, however kept telling her that I taught all my siblings, and they ALL passed their tests on their first tries. I also have taken Three road tests in my time, once for Car, once for Class B, and once for Class A CDL.

Congratulations!! I see what I have to look forward to now. :blink:

BTW, you do understand the reason it took so long is because you did not teach her good. :lol:

She kept saying that, however kept telling her that I taught all my siblings, and they ALL passed their tests on their first tries. I also have taken Three road tests in my time, once for Car, once for Class B, and once for Class A CDL.

If I told my wife what you told your wife, well, I doubt I would have fingers to post right now. :lol:

Congrats on getting through all of this in one piece! :D

Congrats to her. I hope she has good skills driving in snowy Rochester.

I hate driving in snow myself.

I have no problems with snow, however will have to carefully train her to how to handle slippery roads.

W had a BLIZZARD this afternoon AFTER her road test, I drove home.

Congratulations Yu! Having a D.L is quite important to most Chinese nationals that immigrate to the U.S., at least for my wife - it is a priority.

I always assumed that if Yu, didn't pass this time around she might use some of her past "trade skills" to convince them otherwise. I'm kidding of course.

Anyway, good for you guys!

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

After SIX road tests spanning over two YEARS, as well as AAA Driving School, and TWO Pre-Licensing classes, she finally passed her road test this morning.

She has been tested by the same state examiner the past 3 attempts, the examiner saw much improvement, and told my Yu, "I don't want to see you again!" :D

I told my Yu that this is the normal way examiners tell a student driver that they passed the exam.

I knew she would, last Monday on our drive home I did not need to point out any mistakes, I had some strong talks with her these past few weeks and after her last failure, that she makes same mistakes over, and over, and needs to STOP making them, I think this has finally sunk in.

At least your on the East coast........ Warn me if she ever drives this way...... :D

At least your on the East coast........ Warn me if she ever drives this way...... :)

Next June we may be out in Las Vegas, we may come down into AZ, perhaps I will let her drive!