My Yu FINALY got her D.L.

dnoblett

Congrats - Now, Yu can hit the shopping malls anytime she wants. :P

:D Just this evening she announced that she want to go to the mall tomorrow! Just to see the massage lady.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed this one! Congratulations Yu!!

Ahhhh, now you will have to get her a pretty car :blink:

It really is a great sense of freedom and assimilation when they get their licenses.

Enjoy and congrats again!

For now she has to drive a 1996 Chevy Cavalier Wagon "Medium Quasar Blue".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/91-94_Chevrolet_Cavalier_wagon.jpg/800px-91-94_Chevrolet_Cavalier_wagon.jpg

:P Dan I am right behind you. Yan refused to drive the 85 wagoneer. Well the steering is a tad loose. We have an 07 yaris now. It is smaller than I want but has good response. Good luck and drive safe. Maybe Yan can get hers soon

Same here! My primary vehicle is a 2001 Chevy S10 pickup which I specified having a 5 speed manual trans, and 4 Cylinder flex-fuel and rear wheel drive, it is a bit much for her to learn on and can be tricky to handle on snow in the winter, so I picked up the wagon on Craigslist 2 years ago for $1500.

:P

OK another first!

The car was low on Gas so I told my Yu that she needs to get gas before going anywhere. I told her NO E85 in it, and to use 87 octane only.

She just called me, she is at the station:

Questions:

"How to open gas tank?" Answer: "Turn cap left like a bottle", I guess it was tight!

"How to use debit card in the pump?" I could then hear someone offer to help her out.

Well, she is learning!

So lets hope no E85 or worse yet, diesel!

Well, I just found out how her first trip to the mall went.

She planned the trip and knew what exit she needs to get off at on the I-490 express way Exit #28 east bound, but some how she missed it and drove to #29 and got off and turned around and got back on I-490 west-bound however there is no exit #28 on west bound so drove back home.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&am...1741,-77.441447

Well I did tell her to stay off the "Big Road" and am glad she made it home safely.

Well on to the local plaza down the road.

congrats on the DL. I know it was not an easy road. I get knots in my stomach thinking about my wife driving. She can drive on the roads pretty good. We hae to work on parking, but she wants me to cancel her test 1/7... I don't want to. I told her, it is not the worse thing if she fails the 1st time.

This is not an easy thing, but I need her to learn, it affects my job and life. I spend 2:45 minutes each day taking her to and from work. But, I'm not rushing her, but she needs to have steady progress, which is not the case sometimes.

No one said this would be easy :)

congrats on the DL. I know it was not an easy road. I get knots in my stomach thinking about my wife driving. She can drive on the roads pretty good. We hae to work on parking, but she wants me to cancel her test 1/7... I don't want to. I told her, it is not the worse thing if she fails the 1st time.

This is not an easy thing, but I need her to learn, it affects my job and life. I spend 2:45 minutes each day taking her to and from work. But, I'm not rushing her, but she needs to have steady progress, which is not the case sometimes.

No one said this would be easy :)

Exactly! A failure is a learning experience.

Her in NY before can do a road test the new driver needs to take an 8 hour pre-license class, this will then allow taking 3 road tests over a year, after that and it is another 8 hour class.

Well, I just found out how her first trip to the mall went.

She planned the trip and knew what exit she needs to get off at on the I-490 express way Exit #28 east bound, but some how she missed it and drove to #29 and got off and turned around and got back on I-490 west-bound however there is no exit #28 on west bound so drove back home.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&am...1741,-77.441447

Well I did tell her to stay off the "Big Road" and am glad she made it home safely.

Well on to the local plaza down the road.

Congrats on Yu getting her license!! That is really awesome! Yin drives on her own, and just needs more experience. Yin has made a couple mistakes while driving, but generally she does well. Her 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix needed some work (2 new rocker panels, rear brakes and rotors, along with new front wheel bearing) at last inspection, but we decided to keep it one more year before she is ready for a new vehicle.

Yeah, missing an exit can be very scary for new drivers. I try to get my wife into the habit of saying routes, directions, and exit numbers instead of "turn left at McDonalds, until you see the big yellow house on your left". I've tried to buy the GPS for her before, but she isn't interested. I also bought her a backup camera for her car, but she claims she has no need...

I'm really glad for both of you!!

Edited by bokiwen (see edit history)

Exactly! A failure is a learning experience.

Her in NY before can do a road test the new driver needs to take an 8 hour pre-license class, this will then allow taking 3 road tests over a year, after that and it is another 8 hour class.

That rule kinda stinks. In PA you can schedule to road test after passing a written test (test only needs to be passed once). As far as I understand it, you could take both tests as many times as needed.

A gps is in order. Yan gets very confused and lost quickly. Maybe it is because she is just riding shotgun rather than driving.Also yan refuses to drive on the expressway. Even at a time where there is no traffic. Back country roads are just her speed.

Yep, we have a GPS, she used it the other day to get to a friend's home about 16 miles from us, no problem. Set route to stay off the interstate.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pommey

Sorry I missed this one! Congratulations Yu!!

Ahhhh, now you will have to get her a pretty car :(

It really is a great sense of freedom and assimilation when they get their licenses.

Enjoy and congrats again!

For now she has to drive a 1996 Chevy Cavalier Wagon "Medium Quasar Blue".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/91-94_Chevrolet_Cavalier_wagon.jpg/800px-91-94_Chevrolet_Cavalier_wagon.jpg

what's she going to be towing ?