k1

tkgert

Hello to all,, I am a new member but have been reading here for over a year now. Our visa has been denied and is being sent back to USCIS. Of course it is the usual non bona fide reason that they like to use. My fiancee was very prepared and had everything we needed, this girl is very heart broken and just cant understand why this has happend to us. When we first met her english was not very good, but a year and a half now has really progressed. The chat records that she took to the interview, where questioned by the VO, as to why I talk with her in non native english, we wrote a letter and explained why I talk with her this way, this way has very helped her to understand and learn english better. This was the only thing that was questioned and I really beleive this is why she did not get her visa. Hopefully I can get a few answers of advice and encouragement to help me keep her hopes alive. Thanks]

We need more details. How many times did you go to see her? And how long were the trips for?

How many emails and Chat logs did you give them? Did you send pictures?

Tell us about yout application.

Robert

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chat records that she took to the interview, where questioned by the VO, as to why I talk with her in non native english, we wrote a letter and explained why I talk with her this way, this way has very helped her to understand and learn english better. This was the only thing that was questioned and I really beleive this is why she did not get her visa.

Why were the chat logs asked for by the VO, or were they offered to the VO to look at?

It would be best to see very, actual question and answer at the interview... can you provide that?

often people give what they think the reasons were but more the Q&A has more hidden info than one thinks.

whats the "non native english" ? you speak in

I speak english, to them there is the problem in the way I chat with her, more in the way she speaks,, what are you do today,,, are you go see mama today,, terry love you more and more everyday, we are be together very soon, little sentences like this was our problem to the VO Thanks ,, Terry

I think your safest bet is to get married in China and file for a CR1.

Read this article: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I would also recommend using the lawyer that wrote this article. His email address is at the bottom of the article.

Travel back to China is pretty much not an option at the moment, Thanks for your advice

I guess then the only thing you can do is wait for USCIS to send you a "intention to revoke notice" and then respond to it.

If all goes well they will reaffirm and send it back to GUZ.

Others have also filed for "freedom for information" so you can learn the reasons for the denial. (not sure how its done).

Goodluck hang in there.

If the original petition was filed at the Vermont Service Center then he should hear something back. If filed at the California Service Center then it will expire with no action taken.

The FOIA will do no good.

My original was at Vermont Service Center,, this is a good thing,, and yes I have read that the FOIA is a waste of time. Thanks for your help and advice,, Terry

I have some thoughts on your situation. First, how long do you know the girl? Have you ever met the girl in person? If you don't know each other for very long yet, you will have this issue brought up even if you get married in China and file for a CR-1.

What they are looking for is a development of a relationship that stands the test of time. Most relationships that develop quickly are seen as a way obtain a visa fradualently and will most likely be denied and requiring additional review.

We have known each other for 19 months, and yes I have been to China and met her. I spent 11 days with her. Thanks,, Terry

Hello to all,, I am a new member but have been reading here for over a year now. Our visa has been denied and is being sent back to USCIS. Of course it is the usual non bona fide reason that they like to use. My fiancee was very prepared and had everything we needed, this girl is very heart broken and just cant understand why this has happend to us. When we first met her english was not very good, but a year and a half now has really progressed. The chat records that she took to the interview, where questioned by the VO, as to why I talk with her in non native english, we wrote a letter and explained why I talk with her this way, this way has very helped her to understand and learn english better. This was the only thing that was questioned and I really beleive this is why she did not get her visa. Hopefully I can get a few answers of advice and encouragement to help me keep her hopes alive. Thanks]

We need more details. How many times did you go to see her? And how long were the trips for?

How many emails and Chat logs did you give them? Did you send pictures?

Tell us about yout application.

Robert

I have been to China 1 time, and spent 11 days with my fiancee and her family. She took many photos and chat records to her interview,, this girl was very prepared, We have been in the process of her visa for 11 months now,, Thanks,, Terry

The chat records that she took to the interview, where questioned by the VO, as to why I talk with her in non native english, we wrote a letter and explained why I talk with her this way, this way has very helped her to understand and learn english better. This was the only thing that was questioned and I really beleive this is why she did not get her visa.

Why were the chat logs asked for by the VO, or were they offered to the VO to look at?

It would be best to see very, actual question and answer at the interview... can you provide that?

often people give what they think the reasons were but more the Q&A has more hidden info than one thinks.

Question asked where did we meet,, how long since we met,, how did you meet,, how many times did I go to China,, dates I visited her,,, how long did I stay,,, did I send her money,, looked at photos then looked at chat records, got up and went and talked with another man who works there,, came back and gave her blue,,,

Question asked where did we meet,, how long since we met,, how did you meet,, how many times did I go to China,, dates I visited her,,, how long did I stay,,, did I send her money,, looked at photos then looked at chat records, got up and went and talked with another man who works there,, came back and gave her blue,,,

Blue is not the same as, "Denied, sent back to USCIS". Since she received Blue, what did they ask for? Blue is for more information, or more process.

Blue is not the same as, "Denied, sent back to USCIS". Since she received Blue, what did they ask for? Blue is for more information, or more process.

She received the white after the blue on 11/ 20 and being sent back to USCIS

We have known each other for 19 months, and yes I have been to China and met her. I spent 11 days with her. Thanks,, Terry

I have been to China 1 time, and spent 11 days with my fiancee and her family. She took many photos and chat records to her interview,, this girl was very prepared, We have been in the process of her visa for 11 months now,, Thanks,, Terry

The knowing each other 19 months, was this an online relationship before actually meeting? Did you provide communications evidence covering the 19 months when filing the I-129F?

A rule of thumb is to have been to China 2 or more times during the process, just one visit can be a red-flag.

In my case I had been to China in 2005 for a tour, then again in 2006 to meet my wife, then again in 2007 to be with her for interview.

They asked for explanation of why I chat non native english, and a letter of evolution

The knowing each other 19 months, was this an online relationship before actually meeting? Did you provide communications evidence covering the 19 months when filing the I-129F?

A rule of thumb is to have been to China 2 or more times during the process, just one visit can be a red-flag.

In my case I had been to China in 2005 for a tour, then again in 2006 to meet my wife, then again in 2007 to be with her for interview.

I knew her 8 months before I went to China and met her,, she provided communications from every since we have met right up to when she went to her interview

Sorry to hear about your denial tkgert. I have a good understanding of the feeling you are going through right now. My wife, than fiancee was also given the blue slip in December 08 and consequently received the denial in February 09. I went back to married my wife March 09 and filed for CR-1 and K-3 in early May. With the help of this website and all the great people who are willing to answer any questions you might have, you will be successful the next time around. There's not much you can do to change the K-1 denial now. I think the best thing you can do now is to go back and marry your fiancee and file for the CR-1. With the electronic processing for the CR-1, the process goes by pretty fast. I saw some people on visajourney.com got approved from the USCIS in one to two months. After that with the electronic processing and the help of the James shortcut to get all the documents ready to submit before it goes to the National Visa Center, you can get the interview day in about a month. I guess you already read through most of the posts on this website, if not they will be very helpful for you. Here's my link and some other link that was very helpful in my visa journey.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35567

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=36052&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23235

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35091

Go to visa journey to get information for applying for CR-1 and K3 and information of the process all the way to National Visa Center. Here are the links I used:

http://visajourney.com/forums/index.php?act=home

Guide to filing CR-1 and K3:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

Electronic processing:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...onic_Processing

James shortcut, get all the documents on this link ready, so when you get the NOA2, you can scan them and sent them to the NVC with the electronic processing:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

Timeline for CR-1 approval from USCIS to NVC from visajourney members:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthl...=3&sortby=2

Sample of forms:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Other helpful links:

packets you will receive from GUZ consulate for CR-1:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Check your submitted CR-1 case at USCIS:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

NVC after your case sent from USCIS to NVC:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html

hopefully, these links will give you a good idea what you need to do and how you will be successful next time around. You are probably going through a lot of emotions and ill feelings after the denial right now. A lot of people here also got their K-1 denied the first time but almost all of our SO got the visa the second time. Use the recommendations from visajourney.com and this website, they will set the template on what you need to do and your process will go a lot smoother and less confusing. Good luck to you.

I speak english, to them there is the problem in the way I chat with her, more in the way she speaks,, what are you do today,,, are you go see mama today,, terry love you more and more everyday, we are be together very soon, little sentences like this was our problem to the VO Thanks ,, Terry

Speaking like this is no worse than talking with my relatives that use a lot of pronouns. I have as much difficulty talking with my relatives as talking with my SO, when it comes to proper pronunciations, and grammar. Can you imagine sending copies of text messages to a VO. A lot of people from this area, the hills, on dating sites do not write much better. I think you had the bad luck of getting a difficult VO. This is a good lesson on what chat sessions one sends with a application or interview. Anyway,,,Best of Luck..Bob

Speaking like this is no worse than talking with my relatives that use a lot of pronouns. I have as much difficulty talking with my relatives as talking with my SO, when it comes to proper pronunciations, and grammar. Can you imagine sending copies of text messages to a VO. A lot of people from this area, the hills, on dating sites do not write much better. I think you had the bad luck of getting a difficult VO. This is a good lesson on what chat sessions one sends with a application or interview. Anyway,,,Best of Luck..Bob

This are my same excact thoughts, finnaly someone understands what I am talking about, we got screwed by the VO,, who has made a easy thing very hard for us,, alot of time and alot of money,, for somebody that can control your outcome of life. What a damn shame. Thank you very much.