SO Interview is today (9/3/09) GUZ time

Hello CFL members,

I have never posted here before but today I thought I would give it a try. I have been hanging around this site since late May of this year, but didn't become a member until June. I have learned so much from this site. I can't begin to thank the person who decided to come up with such a wonderful web-site. I have kept to myself and just learned everything I can from the wonderful people here.

Well as you can see from my timeline my SO has her interview Guangzhou today :) . I am on pins and needles right now !!! Unfortunately was unable to be there with her today, but I'm there in spirit and in her heart. Caixia is such a wonderful and surprisingly strong woman. I rushed home from work today so I could talk to her before she left the hotel (7am her time this morning)

She was so positive and confident before she left. And I have been an absolute mess every since then. Her hotel is right there in the same building as the consulate. Caixia said she will come right back after the interview and tell me the results. I followed all the advice from other member's here on CFL and I'm very confident we were well prepared.

I'm sure I'm not the only man who starts to second guess himself and wonder if I did everything right. I guess only time will tell right ? Well I hope that I will soon be able to join all the rest of the wonderful member's here and give something back to other's who are just starting their journey. I look forward to posting many, many more times here.

Edited by CaixiaRandyR (see edit history)

Nice to see another Hoosier on here. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Hello all,

Thanks for all the well wishes. Sorry it took me so long to reply. The interview almost went off without a hitch. Then the VO asked my SO about my divorce. :ph34r: She answered his question, but for some reason he wanted a notarized letter from me detailing my marriage. He wanted to know why we were divorced. I have not read anything like this happening to anyone else on any of the other threads.

So needless to say she received a Blue Slip !!!! :so sad: I stayed up really late last night trying to calm my SO down. I explained to her that this is not that hard to overcome. We will not be together as soon as we had planned, but it will be soon. :rolleyes: She finally stopped crying and I started to compose my letter to the VO. I will Xpress mail it to Shanghai today and hopefully this will only cause a 1 or two week delay.

I will keep you all posted as to the outcome of our Blue slip. Again thank you all for your support. I was just as surprised to see another Hoosier here on CLF as well. Hope we can become efriends. God knows I will need more advice. Oh yeah !! She was only asked a few questions during the interview. I will give specifics when she wakes up in the morning.

Have a great day, RandyR

Edited by CaixiaRandyR (see edit history)

Nice to see another Hoosier on here. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Hello all,

Thanks for all the well wishes. Sorry it took me so long to reply. The interview almost went off without a hitch. Then the VO asked my SO about my divorce. :ph34r: She answered his question, but for some reason he wanted a notarized letter from me detailing my marriage. He wanted to know why we were divorced. I have not read anything like this happening to anyone else on any of the other threads.

So needless to say she received a Blue Slip !!!! :so sad: I stayed up really late last night trying to calm my SO down. I explained to her that this is not that hard to overcome. We will not be together as soon as we had planned, but it will be soon. :rolleyes: She finally stopped crying and I started to compose my letter to the VO. I will Xpress mail it to Shanghai today and hopefully this will only cause a 1 or two week delay.

I will keep you all posted as to the outcome of our Blue slip. Again thank you all for your support. I was just as surprised to see another Hoosier here on CLF as well. Hope we can become efriends. God knows I will need more advice.

Have a great day, RandyR

Comes up often, look for Evolution of Relationship.

At least it was Blue, not White.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37861

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36799

I will Xpress mail it to Shanghai today and hopefully this will only cause a 1 or two week delay.

sorry to hear what happened.

It is an easy overcome. Be sure to answer what they are asking for. Review what was written on the blue sheet before answering and notarizing.

also, the usual response to your blue bu GUZ is a minimum of 30 days. keep patient.

good luck

Hello all,

First let me say thank you to all the wonderful members here on CFL. You know I really thought I was going to handle the blue slip be a lot better. I had everything planned out and with the swift stroke of the VO's pen he threw me off course. Since receiving the blue slip I have read more of the threads here, the replies from knowledgeable members here. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Xie xie ni !!

I carefully wrote out my letter detailing my relationship with my ex-wife. I explained why we divorced, and when my divorce was finalized. I guess for some reason that is important. I really don't see why they need me to write a letter. After all they have my divorce decree. It's not like we are still married.

I also had my mother write a letter describing my relationship and divorce with my ex. My SO bless her heart, she had her friend (with whom I met while there in China) write a letter about our relationship. Maybe these letters will help, maybe the VO won't even read them. But hey it couldn't hurt. Now we will play the waiting game again. Hopefully it will not be a log wait :surrender: :headbang:

I'm firmly convinced that the mood and type of person you happen to get for the interview is the most important factor.

We have our AOS interview in 1 day. At least I am supposed to be with my fiancee for this interview and we're in the US. The GUZ experience was far worse because you are separated and have no chance to see if the CO is in a bad mood, you already have what they are asking for with you, they are harassing you, etc.

Even though I was 80% sure my fiancee would get the blue slip in GUZ it was still disappointing beyond belief. It meant it would take that much longer to be together with an unknown wait time. We had a horrible blue slip reason, but I insisted we had to disclose the past party membership.

You're doing it right. Just address the stated problems in greater detail and with extra care. Keep copies of everything. Take special care in how you send it overseas. Use tracking.

Make sure to call your fiancee or email a bit more with encouragement. If you two are good for each other, then the reunion and being able to come home together is priceless. Well, actually there is a huge price in terms of emotion, time, and even financial, but you get my meaning.