We got the blue :(

My wife went for her interview in April and got blue. We were requested to provide more details on our relationship (how we met and why we married), details on my wifes relationship with her ex-husband. They also did not believe my wifes son is hers, so they asked for more evidence to prove that too. I had to write letters explaining how/why we married, and detail my trips to China.

We met in May 2007 and Married in November 2007. Not sure if the short duration of fiance to married is a concern.

My wife found an attorney ( Peter Paget ) in the first floor of the consulate building ( gzglobal.net) but this guy seemed a little shady. He wanted $750 just to speak with them, and then another $4000 to take the case.

Anyone have any dealings or knowledge of this attorney.

Would appreciate any other advice on how to handle our case. We are almost ready to re-submit our additional info. I even wrote to my congressman for help, but have not received a response yet.

It is just irritating that we will allow ex-gang members and illegals into our country, but I cant get my sweet and beautiful wife and son here.

Yes, you will need to provide a detailed evolution of relationship.

Yes, the shortness of courtship, May - Nov is a red-flag.

Yes, Peter is well known, and has been used before, and he is good at handling problems at the consulate stage.

Peter use to visit the board as "King" http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=496

Search the board for Paget.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33944

At least it was a Blue, NOT a WHITE.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Guest Pommey

Welcome to CFL , sorry you got blue. You will find tons of info here, some is pinned at the top of forums, some in the FAQS and of course loads of threads, look around and you will find what you need.

Sorry about the blue.

Did GUZ request 'DNA EVIDENCE' for the son ? If so - that's a 'round the world' process - as ya gotta get a DNA kit, then it's sent to a lab in the USA, then the results are sent back to China, then the results are presented to GUZ.

Yikes - you are brand new - welcome to CFL !!!! It's a eye-opener to join AFTER a blue slip, IMO, but if you take some time and READ the stuff in the forums, you'll glean some useful information.

I'm assuming you filed an I-130, yes? Since OCT 2007, there is New Requirement to provide as MUCH relationship evidence as possible when you INITIALLY FILE the I-130.

Take a look at all of the things you have gathered up - read this thread here at CFL - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35091 and see how much you can put together for the Overcome Submittal Packet

Be Strong !!! If you've not submitted anything to GUZ yet, you have some time.

IMO, you don't need an attorney , but you need to have some skills in administrative arena - making files, writing, organizing.

FWIW, Paget is a good guy - 4750 USD doesn't sound exhorbinant, when yer talking about ATTORNIES FEES. OTOH, what is your time worth to you? I assure you, my time is worth much more than this amount, so when/if this happens to me - I'm going in fully informed, and present EVERYTHING I can. I pray it doesn't happen to me, but still -

forewarned is fore-armed, yes?

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Sebastian: Thanks for the reply. I wish I had known about this site before.

I had a US attorney prepare my I-130 so we had all of the required evidence that they could possibly have wanted including pictures, emails, phone records, affidavits from my family/friends, receipts from my trips to China, I-134 with plenty of $$$income$$$. My wife even had a note from her ex- for his approval for the son they had together to come to the US.

I think the flags here are time to marriage and communication since my wifes English is not great ( yet ). I hope they do not request DNA but we will do if required. The interviewer asked for pictures of the wife and son as he was growing up as evidence of relation. Since my wife did not have many pictures we have written affidavits from her friends/family and also school/medical records. I hope this will suffice for that evidence.

They also wanted my wife to explain her relationship to her ex-husband in another letter, and they also asked for contact information for her ex. Attorney said they want to talk to this dude to get his side of the story.

We did all of the right things but still got blue. My wife was devastated for 2 weeks but now she is in her "gotta get it done" mode.

My advice to anyone out there just starting out is to document EVERYTHING you can, save all receipts, and to be patient. The issues for a K3 seem to be greater if there is a child involved, if communication is not very good, or if your relationship moved quickly as ours did. I knew I met the right girl and I took no chance that she was going to get away from me.

Just a note: There are apparently a lot of sham marriages from China, and also many people posing as parents to get children to the US for education. Our case apprears to be a classic case for this type of further investigation, so although I am not surprised I am disappointed because my character and standing mean absolutely nothing. I volunterred to fight and die during Vietnam war for this country, so you know darn well I am not a happy camper after being treated this way.

I hope that others in this situation will slow down enough to make sure that you have all necessary evidence before you submit so that you will not have to go this this agony as my beautiful wife and I have. Today is our 2 year anniversary of the day we first met so it is even more difficult for me to have received this terrible news.

Best of luck to you, and to everyone else who was lucky enough to have found their perfect match as I did...

Jim...

I had a US attorney prepare my I-130 so we had all of the required evidence that they could possibly have wanted including pictures, emails, phone records, affidavits from my family/friends, receipts from my trips to China, I-134 with plenty of $$$income$$$. My wife even had a note from her ex- for his approval for the son they had together to come to the US.

I think the flags here are time to marriage and communication since my wifes English is not great ( yet ). I hope they do not request DNA but we will do if required. The interviewer asked for pictures of the wife and son as he was growing up as evidence of relation. Since my wife did not have many pictures we have written affidavits from her friends/family and also school/medical records. I hope this will suffice for that evidence.

They also wanted my wife to explain her relationship to her ex-husband in another letter, and they also asked for contact information for her ex. Attorney said they want to talk to this dude to get his side of the story.

We did all of the right things but still got blue. My wife was devastated for 2 weeks but now she is in her "gotta get it done" mode.

My advice to anyone out there just starting out is to document EVERYTHING you can, save all receipts, and to be patient. The issues for a K3 seem to be greater if there is a child involved, if communication is not very good, or if your relationship moved quickly as ours did. I knew I met the right girl and I took no chance that she was going to get away from me.

Just a note: There are apparently a lot of sham marriages from China, and also many people posing as parents to get children to the US for education. Our case apprears to be a classic case for this type of further investigation, so although I am not surprised I am disappointed because my character and standing mean absolutely nothing. I volunterred to fight and die during Vietnam war for this country, so you know darn well I am not a happy camper after being treated this way.

I hope that others in this situation will slow down enough to make sure that you have all necessary evidence before you submit so that you will not have to go this this agony as my beautiful wife and I have. Today is our 2 year anniversary of the day we first met so it is even more difficult for me to have received this terrible news.

Best of luck to you, and to everyone else who was lucky enough to have found their perfect match as I did...

Jim...

Sounds like they want to know that your wife doesn't still have a relationship with her ex.

They sometimes insist on the extra evidence for the children.

This is no big deal - I would recommend that you NOT overwhelm them with relationship evidence if that is not what they've requested.

Jim...

Hi Jim,

It may have all depended on the VO that did the interview.

My wife's english was not so great but I covered her fair English in the Letter of Evolution of Relationship.

My wife has Twin sons and our marriage was 8 months from when I met her online to when I went to China to marry her.

So I am not convinced that your 6 months plus her English were the red flags.

I think Randy is right..In that it is probably the relationship with her ex-husband. Or some combination of these things.

Did you fly to China for her interview??

Have you sent her money for support??

Just give them what they want...atleast it was blue, and good luck... :lol:

Tom and Ling

Edited by Tom and Ling (see edit history)

Tom and Ling: Your response gave me some hope.

I returned to China for 3 weeks for the start of new years. She received her first package on Jan 25. I could not stay long enough for the interview and was not able to get out of work to go back unfortunately.

The interviewer did make kind of a big deal of her English though, so that is what worried us. My wife needs to write an explanation of how we communicate. I tried to explain this in my supporting documents too. I do support her financially and my I-134 shows more than proper support when they get here so I am sure money is no concern in our case. She has been living with her parents since her divorce in 2004 so I hope that fact will ease their minds that she really is divorced and that our marriage is really real.

We should be ready to re-submit next week so I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we get a pink slip this time ( never though I would be wanting a pink slip :lol: I was not sure if me being present during her interview would have an impact, however if she needs to return for another interview I will definitely be there this time...

I appreciate the feedback and concern. Have a great day,

Ning and Jim...

Tom and Ling: Your response gave me some hope.

I returned to China for 3 weeks for the start of new years. She received her first package on Jan 25. I could not stay long enough for the interview and was not able to get out of work to go back unfortunately.

The interviewer did make kind of a big deal of her English though, so that is what worried us. My wife needs to write an explanation of how we communicate. I tried to explain this in my supporting documents too. I do support her financially and my I-134 shows more than proper support when they get here so I am sure money is no concern in our case. She has been living with her parents since her divorce in 2004 so I hope that fact will ease their minds that she really is divorced and that our marriage is really real.

We should be ready to re-submit next week so I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we get a pink slip this time ( never though I would be wanting a pink slip :) I was not sure if me being present during her interview would have an impact, however if she needs to return for another interview I will definitely be there this time...

I appreciate the feedback and concern. Have a great day,

Ning and Jim...

Hi Jim,

This is approximately what I put in my "Evolution of Relationship" when I filed the I-129f and than at ACS before my wife's interview I made another up dated "Evolution of Martial Retaionship".

This was for the Explanation of the English:::

"We bought an electronic sentence translator in the beginning to help our communication but now only use it when detailed questions are asked.

It is note worthy that Ling and I could even at first meeting communicate in simple English. This was because Ling had a fair grasp of written English that she could understand me. For communication we use a combination of spoken English, written English on a note pad and for detailed questions an electronic translator".

I also think it is important that you attend her interview if at all possible.

This is an overcome situation which may not require another interview, however if another interview is required,,than my feeling would be that you should attend...just my opinion.

Also at ACS and ACH I told the VO's that my wife was nervous and wanted her interview in Chinese...so take it for what it is worth.

Tom and Ling

Jim...

you've really done a good job of objectively looking at your relationship in terms of what may be making the VO uneasy to issue a visa. I tend to agree with what you state overall and I think Randy is right on.

I personally feel three items are more an issue nowadays than we ever saw:

1. English

2. Age

3. previous marriages and particularly children

of course many can post their exceptions but IMO, the trend is there. I think from beginning to end, one has to take a very methodical approach and recognize where and when to try and deal with minimizing these issues. THere is alot that could be said, but I'll not do that here since this is your thread.

good luck.

sorry to hear about this but you have gooten good advice here.

IMO I do not see anything that should have caused so much reasonable doubt as the validity of the marriage that you were given a Blue. However since they gave you a Blue and not White it does not mean they are 100% convinced but only have some concerns.

Best of luck and I agree with Randy ... give them what they ask for only.

Sounds like they want to know that your wife doesn't still have a relationship with her ex.

here's an example of a sham marriage... I guess that's one of the many reasons they are interested in knowing about relationships with ex's...

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/050809b.html

But yet they got to stay in the USA :P

Yu Zhendong¡¯s true wife, Yu Xuhui (aka Fion Yu), pleaded guilty on April 26, 2005, to unlawfully procuring U.S. citizenship. She has agreed to voluntarily relinquish her American citizenship, but was permitted to remain in the United States with the couple¡¯s children as long as she does not commit another crime. Yu Zhendong¡¯s fake American wife, Shanna Yu Ma (aka Yu Shuzhan) pleaded guilty to submitting a false statement to the Immigration and Naturalization Service, now part of the Department of Homeland Security, in support of Yu Xuhui¡¯s application for naturalization. Both Ma and Yu were sentenced in December 2007 to terms of probation.

Yes, you will need to provide a detailed evolution of relationship.

Yes, the shortness of courtship, May - Nov is a red-flag.

Yes, Peter is well known, and has been used before, and he is good at handling problems at the consulate stage.

Peter use to visit the board as "King" http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=496

Search the board for Paget.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33944

At least it was a Blue, NOT a WHITE.

I was with some new friends here in Guangzhou that had their interview the same day we did. They married 20 days after meeting and they got their visa. I think if the age difference is huge then yes it could force that situation to be a red flag. I seen some really old guys with these young asian girls, thats totally sketchy even to me. The embassy had 2 sketchy women that were VOs and they actually are gone from the embassy because they were denying people for bs reasons. I feel its more relaxed here, We got our Visa in under a minute, they never asked for email proof, calling card proof, fiance letter of intent. They asked my fiancee 3 questions and said congratulations.

My wife and I are 35/56 so we may have tripped the age-flag. (people say I dont look my age though. I can only hope they mean I look younger and not older :D From what I can gather from others is that there seems to be no set reasons for the receiving the blue. It could be just getting the right VO and making a good personal connection. My attorney told me to request an English speaking VO even though we knew her English skills were not great. I hope that advice did not screw us.

I also bought my wife a sentence translator but I was not sure if we should use that as evidence. My last trip we only had to pull it out once, and that was because I needed to tell my wife I thought I had an "ear infection" in Chinese. ( WORD OF CAUTION: My translator translated "do you miss your work..." into "do you prostitute your work" so be careful of those gadgets should you decide to use them.

We will be ready to re-submit next week and hope for the best. I just hope that by the summer my wife and I will finally be living on the same side of the planet.

Best of luck to all of those not lucky enough to be "in the pink" !!!