Successful Interview August 17, 2009

:D :D :D :D

Ok So I woke up about 4 AM and apparently that was enough sleep. We got up about 5:30 and got ready and headed the 2 minute walk to the front of the consulate and waited in line as a few hundred people milled around.

We had 7:15 appointment so we were told to line up on the left most part of the line.

About 7:45 they started letting people in the consulate entrance and we got in the building by 8:00 am

We took the escalators up to the 4th floor and made sure everything was in order and I sent Juan off with a large rolling suitcase full of our chats logs and our heavy wedding picture album as well aqs her carrying bag with most the organized stuff. We really did a lot of documents from letters from families to all the usual pictures, receipts, documents what not anything we could think to put in there Juan is a school teacher and quite organized. I am a poor slob. I stayed on the 4th floor and went to the coffee shop for a delicious 49 Yuan cup of nestles coofee drink no refills but they did include crackers and some sesame seeds.

Seemed that her interview was one of the last ones of the morning session, as she did not come down the escalator until after 11:00 Am I forget the exact time.

She said all the process was pretty easy, the screener took my updated 2008 tax form and the medical and that was it I think.

She sat and waited a long time, listened to what was going on at the windows and decided to go to the WC and wouldn't you know when she was in there she heard her number called. She hurried out to the window and had tall American man with glasses.

Questions were exactly as expected, When did we first start chatting, how do we communicate, when did we get married how long did we know each other before we married (8 months)

Juan offered to show chat records and CO said sure then realized I had printed maybe 5000 pages shrunk down to 4 pages per page double sided, and asked to see some samples of MSN chat and then Juan took some out of the binders and put them under glass, and CO just kind of fanned the pile and didnt read any just like wow ok no problem here.

Then CO asked to see pictures and Juan put 4 small flexible photo albums I bought at wallymart under glass and CO looked didn't ask any questions just kind of looked and stopped a long time on Juan's child hood picture.

Then Juan was still kind of spreading out all our heavily prepared materials in case and CO basically waved her off saying congratulations you have passed.

She said thanks or whatever and he gave her a sheet that isn't really pink anymore, more orange-y.

She actuallly was a little confused about the passport pictures she wasn't asked to submit any more, but actually in the medical packet there were like 6 pictures so no problem.

They said the visa should be ready on Wednesday at post office.

he did ask where I worked and Juan said Ohio State University but also gave my business card.

The interview was only a few minutes and she chose English because she understood this guy easily ande apparently he understood her easily too.

If you read these forums it is literally no surprises and it proceeds exactly as you would predict, and practicing hundreds of confusing questions seems like a hard choice to make I knew the core questions and materials to prepare and we really did not cram so much that we were worried, we just prepared well and fely nervous but confdident.

I did not frontload my application, my lawyer only put the exact minimum requested, and we were well ready for any document to prove our relationship but did not use 90% of them.

Pictures seem to be the real key to this process in the 5 minutes you have to decide your life here at the windows.

We are struggling right now with the weight of this happy and overwhelming moment, trying to decide how to proceed with POE and when to go. We will discuss and be united forever soon :bye1:

Anyone want to know anything let me know I should be able to post.

ANyone can succeed at their visa, if you follow the path of those ahead of you and be diligent in your details. There was a guy who was denied because he is a lawyer and should know what is what but forgot to bring his resume comeon give me a break that was just careless.

Thanks to all here and good luck !

Dan

;) :D :D :D

Ok So I woke up about 4 AM and apparently that was enough sleep. We got up about 5:30 and got ready and headed the 2 minute walk to the front of the consulate and waited in line as a few hundred people milled around.

We had 7:15 appointment so we were told to line up on the left most part of the line.

About 7:45 they started letting people in the consulate entrance and we got in the building by 8:00 am

We took the escalators up to the 4th floor and made sure everything was in order and I sent Juan off with a large rolling suitcase full of our chats logs and our heavy wedding picture album as well aqs her carrying bag with most the organized stuff. We really did a lot of documents from letters from families to all the usual pictures, receipts, documents what not anything we could think to put in there Juan is a school teacher and quite organized. I am a poor slob. I stayed on the 4th floor and went to the coffee shop for a delicious 49 Yuan cup of nestles coofee drink no refills but they did include crackers and some sesame seeds.

Seemed that her interview was one of the last ones of the morning session, as she did not come down the escalator until after 11:00 Am I forget the exact time.

She said all the process was pretty easy, the screener took my updated 2008 tax form and the medical and that was it I think.

She sat and waited a long time, listened to what was going on at the windows and decided to go to the WC and wouldn't you know when she was in there she heard her number called. She hurried out to the window and had tall American man with glasses.

Questions were exactly as expected, When did we first start chatting, how do we communicate, when did we get married how long did we know each other before we married (8 months)

Juan offered to show chat records and CO said sure then realized I had printed maybe 5000 pages shrunk down to 4 pages per page double sided, and asked to see some samples of MSN chat and then Juan took some out of the binders and put them under glass, and CO just kind of fanned the pile and didnt read any just like wow ok no problem here.

Then CO asked to see pictures and Juan put 4 small flexible photo albums I bought at wallymart under glass and CO looked didn't ask any questions just kind of looked and stopped a long time on Juan's child hood picture.

Then Juan was still kind of spreading out all our heavily prepared materials in case and CO basically waved her off saying congratulations you have passed.

She said thanks or whatever and he gave her a sheet that isn't really pink anymore, more orange-y.

She actuallly was a little confused about the passport pictures she wasn't asked to submit any more, but actually in the medical packet there were like 6 pictures so no problem.

he did ask where I worked and Juan said Ohio State University but also gave my business card.

The interview was only a few minutes and she chose English because she understood this guy easily ande apparently he understood her easily too.

If you read these forums it is literally no surprises and it proceeds exactly as you would predict, and practicing hundreds of confusing questions seems like a hard choice to make I knew the core questions and materials to prepare and we really did not cram so much that we were worried, we just prepared well and fely nervous but confdident.

I did not frontload my application, my lawyer only put the exact minimum requested, and we were well ready for any document to prove our relationship but did not use 90% of them.

Pictures seem to be the real key to this process in the 5 minutes you have to decide your life here at the windows.

We are struggling right now with the weight of this happy and overwhelming moment, trying to decide how to proceed with POE and when to go. We will discuss and be united forever soon :D

ANyone can succeed at their visa, if you follow the path of those ahead of you and be diligent in your details. There was a guy who was denied because he is a lawyer and should know what is what but forgot to bring his resume comeon give me a break that was just careless.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Congratulations! We are very happy for you.

Thanks for posting your detailed interview experience and I am pretty sure it will help a lot of people here.

I am leaving in 4 days. Mei and I will fly down to Gaungzhou from Senyang on 8/23.

You have a pleasant and safe trip home.

Steve and Mei

Mike

Maybe I missed.....did you post Yan's interview process?

David

Aaaaaaaah....I kinda hid it....

under interview results / Congratulatinos list

is in Chinese (from Yan)

Mike

David

upon thought.... note the edit!

I see that last year was not nice

Denied at Guangzhou on Sep. 10, 2008,

the reason: "not a bonafide relationship".

The "not a bonafide relationship" nearly caught me. If you look at the letter from Yan to me and read bewteen the words. This year you are armed to the teeth. (and probably don't need it - but can't resist)

Regardless, I am confident you will be PINK and happy this year.

Edited by Mike and Yan (see edit history)

Congradulations!

We are struggling right now with the weight of this happy and overwhelming moment, trying to decide how to proceed with POE and when to go. We will discuss and be united forever soon :)

Dan

Congradulations!

I wish you could give me your contact method. I could contact you because I have much questions. thank you.

We are struggling right now with the weight of this happy and overwhelming moment, trying to decide how to proceed with POE and when to go. We will discuss and be united forever soon :)

Dan