Translation Fees (K-1)

My fiancee just called the notary place asking how much they charge to translate the 3 documents. They said 1000 RMB. That seems to be a lot of money just for translation in China. Is that right?

Thanks.

I translated all my documents by myself, it did not cost me a dime to translate, but I paid the notary fee.

My fiancee just called the notary place asking how much they charge to translate the 3 documents. They said 1000 RMB. That seems to be a lot of money just for translation in China. Is that right?

Thanks.

I translated all my documents by myself, it did not cost me a dime to translate, but I paid the notary fee.

For a marriage cert we paid about 160 RMB for translation or was it 120 I don't remember. Notary fee cost a bit more.

I translated my wifes documents using http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

and then massaged the output. The translation is not perfect, but you can make changes to make it correct. They wanted to charge her about $75 per document to translate. The translations are pretty subjective anyway and probably no two translators would translate the document exactly the same anyway, so why spend that kind of money? Save that money for a delicious Chinese meal !!!

Regards,

Ning and Jim...

Thanks.

We also paid 1,000 for 3 documents, so that's about right. It is a lot of money.... Make sure you get at least two copies of each.

Thanks.

We also paid 1,000 for 3 documents, so that's about right. It is a lot of money.... Make sure you get at least two copies of each.

They gave you to copies for each for 1000 RMB? Thanks.

We got 4 copies of everything, birth certificates SO and son, divorce cert etc. FREE

Was going to be 1300RMB but when we picked up I noticed several errors which I made him correct and at the time there was a huge line so notary asked me to check others for him. Ended up checking stuff for 2 hours for him, even corrected his microsoft word templates.

Gave all our money back and took us to dinner.

We got 4 copies of everything, birth certificates SO and son, divorce cert etc. FREE

Was going to be 1300RMB but when we picked up I noticed several errors which I made him correct and at the time there was a huge line so notary asked me to check others for him. Ended up checking stuff for 2 hours for him, even corrected his microsoft word templates.

Gave all our money back and took us to dinner.

Haha. Nice story! Thanks for sharing :)