visa package evvelope

When my wife received her visa package in the mail she said it had a triangular cut in the top-right corner.

I was curious to know if anyone else has seen this, and if this will cause us problems in customs/immigrations here at the POE?

I called DOS and they were totally clueless...

Thanks,

Ning and Jim...

When my wife received her visa package in the mail she said it had a triangular cut in the top-right corner.

I was curious to know if anyone else has seen this, and if this will cause us problems in customs/immigrations here at the POE?

Thanks,

Ning and Jim...

Oh! I can help.

Ours was exactly the same way, and we had no problem at port of entry.

I don't know why it is that way, maybe for auditing .. but it presented no problem.

Guest shutterbug

Thanks,

Ning and Jim...

Do not know why they do it, but apparently this is standard procedure. Maybe it helps when passing through security checks etc., because one can see through the cut that other than paper files there is nothing else inside.

Dittos.

My wife and daughter's envelope also had the right side corner cut off with a portion of the contents of the brown envelope visible.

So don't worry. ;)

Now, if the cut was on the 'left' corner, then I would be concerned !! :lol:

This is NORMAL for this packet to have one corner cut off. Ours was.

So dont worry about this.

This is NORMAL for this packet to have one corner cut off. Ours was.

So dont worry about this.

it is meant to be that way ours is too and my family has adopted children from \china in the past it is always cut out ...it is so that it doesnt have to be opened to verify the contents....nothing to worry about as long as you dont open it and it stays sealed for the POE to do what they will with the contents... happy travels we leave early tomorow for the states

Thanks,

Ning and Jim...

Do not know why they do it, but apparently this is standard procedure. Maybe it helps when passing through security checks etc., because one can see through the cut that other than paper files there is nothing else inside.

Makes perfect sense, no sense having the Chinese exit authorities open the pack on you wanting to inspect the envelope's contents.

I am feeling better about this now, however I wish they would explain this CLEARLY on the document or webpage. They make it sound as if any damage to the envelope will cause serious problems at POE.

I called US customs and their response was "I can not imagine this would cause problems". Basically saying to try and see what happens. So much for trying to be proactive...

I am feeling better about this now, however I wish they would explain this CLEARLY on the document or webpage. They make it sound as if any damage to the envelope will cause serious problems at POE.

I called US customs and their response was "I can not imagine this would cause problems". Basically saying to try and see what happens. So much for trying to be proactive...

WE just went through the other day at customs and no problems so dont worry or even think twice about the corner missing it is so they can verify contents ...when you arrive they tear right into the package not even looking too much at the envelope just seeing that it is sealed at the top and our custom agent even used missing corner as a starting point to literaly tear into it ....good luck