The first week in USA.

amanda1969

It has been one week since I arrived in USA. I am alike 3-year old child in front of a shop window. Most of things are brand new.With my husband love, I am feeling good and I love here more and more each day! Here are some lists:

1. Blue sky,clean enviorment, beautiful sigts.

I was impressed by clearwater beach so much. Husband's boss wife took son and me to go there and it was wonderful experience. Honestly, I have never seen such beautiful sights before. I was surprised to see white sands.

2.High qulity vegetables and fruits.

There are many vegetables and fruits which I saw in China but there are many others which I have never seen before.

3. I can find my home from the 2 stores nearby.

One day Son and I went into WAL MART where we found carts. We knew they are for disabled people but we still wanted to have fun. But when an old lady told me carts only for disabled people, we felt so embarrassed. Son and I came out of the carts but we thought that other people how to think of us? the chinese woman and the chinese guy got quickly recovered ? ha ha ha, we had fun but other people might think we were weird.

4.People are friendly.

I met my husabnd's boss wife and her 3 children in person. I was so glad to meet them and they are very good people.

I was introduced to one of our neighors daughter. She is very friendly.

Today our door was knock and a guy came up for advertisement. My husband was hearing and I doing the same thing, but while he talking, he kept on watching me. Maybe he was thinking why an asian woman was in this house where it is a white people's residentisal quarter.

I like to have more new experience in this country and make new friends!

Aamanda

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

One day Son and I went into WAL MART where we found cars. We knew they are for disabled people but we still wanted to have fun. But when an old lady told me cars only for disabled people, we felt so embarrassed. Son and I came out of the cars but we thought that other people how to think of us? the chinese woman and the chinese guy got quickly recovered ? ha ha ha, we had fun but other people might think we were weird.

Welcome to the US!

But you don't want to park in a handicapped slot - your car can be towed.

Great Amanda I am glad to here that you are enjoying your experiences. Some people would not see thing as you have seen them. They might have been unhappy but mostly it is the person attitude that makes the difference and I can tell you have a good attitude.

Enjoy your new experiences.

Best wishes to you, your son and Richard.

Larry

One day Son and I went into WAL MART where we found cars. We knew they are for disabled people but we still wanted to have fun. But when an old lady told me cars only for disabled people, we felt so embarrassed. Son and I came out of the cars but we thought that other people how to think of us? the chinese woman and the chinese guy got quickly recovered ? ha ha ha, we had fun but other people might think we were weird.

Welcome to the US!

I am sorry, it was a cart not real car.

Welcome to the US!

Well then, don't park the cart in a handicapped slot. :)

Welcome to the US!

Sorry - mis-read. But those can be towed, too, but at least there's no fine!

We have a grocery store near-by that equipped their carts with magnetic sensors or something that would disable the cart if you tried to take it out of the parking lot

Great Amanda I am glad to here that you are enjoying your experiences. Some people would not see thing as you have seen them. They might have been unhappy but mostly it is the person attitude that makes the difference and I can tell you have a good attitude.

Enjoy your new experiences.

Best wishes to you, your son and Richard.

Larry

There is a lot of truth to this statement. If you come here with the attitude that everything Chinese is better and you wish the US could be like China then you will never be happy. Neither is better they are just different. A good attitude makes a great deal of difference.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I hope you continue having and sharing your experiences in the US. I think you'll really enjoy how clean the stores and restaurants are. Now as for vegetables, I hope you can find a place that sells some of the things you became familiar with in China.

Enjoy! thanks for sharing....

THANK YOU ALL!

I had hoped differences before I came here. In a matter of fact, I start to like many differences.It is not which one is better, China or USA but just differences. I stiil miss my family who is in CHINA and I would like to make new friends in the U.S. With my English,I have no problems to conmmunicate with people but I stiil need to learn English. I saw some people who were happy to know I could speak English and this encouraged me to learn more. Anyway, I have more to learn and take time to adjust but I am very happy and excited that I have good start and enjoy life with my husband.

Amanda

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

Great Story, Amanda.

Welcome to the USA.

Just want to say a few things, my wife is currently back in China, for her father's 80th BD, she called me shortly after arriving to let me know she safe and sound there. She said, it didn't feel like home and missed me, I said to her "you can take the girl out of China, but you cannot take China out of the girl" China will always be your home. Now you have two homes.

If you get the chance look up Asian Supermarkets on the web and find one nearest to you, this will help balance what you might be missing from the veggie side of shopping.