The first week in USA.

amanda1969

Great Story, Amanda.

Welcome to the USA.

Just want to say a few things, my wife is currently back in China, for her father's 80th BD, she called me shortly after arriving to let me know she safe and sound there. She said, it didn't feel like home and missed me, I said to her "you can take the girl out of China, but you cannot take China out of the girl" China will always be your home. Now you have two homes.

If you get the chance look up Asian Supermarkets on the web and find one nearest to you, this will help balance what you might be missing from the veggie side of shopping.

I have been to the Asian Supermarkets twice with my husband because husband told me I might buy something there instead of in Wal Mart. But after I bought something, when I went to Wal Mart later, I found some of them sold there too, Lol

What a small world. I just got off the phone with my wife and we were talking about what she is learning on 001 (all good application stuff, and she does not post, nor go into any section not pertaining CR-1 information). :lol: She truly is learning a lot over there and it's a GOOD experience for her.

Well, some how I mentioned a woman from Harbin who posts on CFL and she asked me, did she just go to America on July 18? Long story short, I sent her the photo of you with the Yangs, who she knows also, and she sent me the photo of you sitting on your bed that I had seen before.

The lil' rabbit laughed when she saw your photo and said, "same woman". Lil' rabbit read some of your posts and said you were a very smart and nice woman. :) Amanda, you have admirers in America and China. :)

tsap seui

What a small world. I just got off the phone with my wife and we were talking about what she is learning on 001 (all good application stuff, and she does not post, nor go into any section not pertaining CR-1 information). :lol: She truly is learning a lot over there and it's a GOOD experience for her.

Well, some how I mentioned a woman from Harbin who posts on CFL and she asked me, did she just go to America on July 18? Long story short, I sent her the photo of you with the Yangs, who she knows also, and she sent me the photo of you sitting on your bed that I had seen before.

The lil' rabbit laughed when she saw your photo and said, "same woman". Lil' rabbit read some of your posts and said you were a very smart and nice woman. :) Amanda, you have admirers in America and China. :)

tsap seui

Yes, small world. My husband complained about me once why I posted long on 001 but posted short on CFL about my real experiences of CR1+CR2,Lol.

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

Wish you much happiness in USA and Clearwater FL. You are lucky to be in such a nice part of the USA but I think the weather will be quite different for you ... :)

There are good and bad things about both countries. Too bad we cannot create a Chinglish country that took the best from both cultures/countries!

Wish you much happiness in USA and Clearwater FL. You are lucky to be in such a nice part of the USA but I think the weather will be quite different for you ... :lol:

There are good and bad things about both countries. Too bad we cannot create a Chinglish country that took the best from both cultures/countries!

Yes, you are correct. Clearwater, FL is a beautiful city but the weather is not hot as I expected. My parents told me today Harbin, my home town is as almost the same tempreture as in clearwater. The big challenge for son and me was when we were in GUZ, we felt much hotter. I like clearwater only feel a little bit quiet. As a newcomer, I have to be patience.

Hey Amanda - any Surprises in the Kitchen?

Son complained about my cooking in China but it seems he enjoys my cooking in USA now.Lol.

We found these foods are better in USA than in China:

1.Pizza

2.Bread

3.Hamburg/Sanwich

4.BBQ

About every 2 days we eat pizza once.

Everyday we drink coffee at morning and eat Chinese food for dinner. During work days I cook dinner but on weekends husband cooks but I would like to cook another Chinese dish even though he did well though.

Amanda