Hosed by GUZ

We got pink on Monday. The VO told my fiancee there were no more checks and told her she would have her visa on Wednesday. We made plans. By Tuesday, EMS didn't have it. I knew we were in trouble. We went to the post office on Wednesday anyway. Of course, it wasn't there. It is now Wednesday night and EMS still doesn't have it. It is unlikely we will receive it Thursday.

I have to leave Thursday no matter what to catch a plane out of Shanghai on Friday. Since I can't get any information out of GUZ, my fiancee will have to return with me. I have emailed GUZ. No response. I went to the consulate. No answers. I bought a Citic card. No answers. I called DOS Tuesday night. They said there were no problems; I just needed to wait. The only shot we have is I am having Mr. Yang fax a letter to the consulate tonight. Maybe they will have the decency to respond tomorrow. There are a couple of precedents of couples under similar circumstances going directly to the consulate for the visa. Today, they wouldn't give me the time of day. Maybe, just maybe, the fax will help. It is my only hope. I will call DOS at 11, but I am sure they will be useless once again.

This place makes me hate my government. It is no way to treat people.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens, I have read a few posts where it can take upward of a week or more to finally get the visa.

Ask Mr Yang, I believe you can have him pick the package up and send it to any address in China for you.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Terribly sorry to hear this news.

I also got a citic card for my wife. She called and they could tell her absolutely nothing. That service is only for general visa information. They do not have any insight into any personal files. DOS was at least able to tell me they had received our additional overcome materials, however they could tell me nothing else. I hope this is just a glitch and nothing else.

I volunteered to get my head blown off during Vietnam, and this govt. is also treating me like a cheater and a criminal. "Guilty until proven Innocent" I guess...

Best of luck,

Ning and Jim...

Guest Pommey

UGH- very frustrating, we know. We had to wait 11 days for ours , hope yours comes quicker.

Hang in there,its coming.

ps, the BS reason they gave us was the printer was broken, which was odd as others were still getting theirs :sosad: just keep checking with DOS once it changes from "visa approved" to "visa issued" then it will show up on EMS soon after.

It happens, I have read a few posts where it can take upward of a week or more to finally get the visa.

Ask Mr Yang, I believe you can have him pick the package up and send it to any address in China for you.

Mrs. Yang says she can't do it. They will ask for an ID card.

The Yangs had 8 people saying with them who had their interview Monday. Of the 6 that received pink, 4 got their visa Wednesday. One has her visa scheduled for Thursday. We have nothing. Just bad luck, I guess. It's a sorry excuse for a consulate that they refuse to provide better information.

The Yangs had 8 people saying with them who had their interview Monday. Of the 6 that received pink, 4 got their visa Wednesday. One has her visa scheduled for Thursday. We have nothing. Just bad luck, I guess. It's a sorry excuse for a consulate that they refuse to provide better information.

That's odd Ms Yang said this as they have done this for several CFL people. :huh:

GUZ is probably checking on a few extra things about your case. Just be patient and the visa will come.

That's odd Ms Yang said this as they have done this for several CFL people. :huh:

GUZ is probably checking on a few extra things about your case. Just be patient and the visa will come.

I was there last month with my fiancee and they do ask for ID at the post office.

Guest jin979

I was there last month with my fiancee and they do ask for ID at the post office.

the Yangs have done this many times in the past. a fee needs to be paid. talk to mr Yang.

That's odd Ms Yang said this as they have done this for several CFL people. :lol:

I agree with Charles, as stressful/frustrating as the additonal wait can be, you are at the end, so just try and be patient. Anger at GUZ or at the system, will only increase your stress and those of others in queue.

You might note, right on the paperwork with the Pink slip, is a statement: "Although your Visa has been approved, you should not purchase tickets until you have received and inspected your Visa...." with a further statement to the effect, it is not really final, until it is final.

I have been told, that just prior to the visa being printed, they conduct an audit of the entire file, to ensure nothing was missed along the way. Furthermore, the P-4 paperwork, submitted on the day of the interview, is subject to further review/verification and this also can lead to a delay in what is the 'final' approval and production of the visa itself.

Also keep in mind, they are processing/adjudicating up to 400 visa applications (all types) a day at GUZ. Every visa that requires extra handling or extra review, increases their work load. While some will never agree, this is never personal with them. A case file is a case file.

Furthermore, fraudulent visa applications (of all types) submitted to the Consulate in Guangzhou, are among the highest, within the entire worldwide DOS system.

I am sorry about your situation. It must be an awful feeling not knowing what's going on with GUZ. From pink (crazily happy) to not getting visa on time (crazily confused), you have been to heaven and back on earth now...

I hope they will at least reply your fax on Thursday... Good luck!

She can not pick it up, correct, but the post office WILL delivery visa to Guanzhou addresses, instead of pickup.

So, arrange for post office to deliver passport to the Yangs, then they forward to you, for a fee.

Simple, and straight forward.