Heading Across the Pond

Here we go, leaving for Bush (International) IAH.......hope to report back with good news.

Mei is there and waiting. Yesterday, she completed her medical.

Not much left to finish except the interview.

She often hears so many rumors from GUZ that she almost makes me nervous. Look forward to helping her anyway I can.

She has not been able to sleep much either.

I will report back on ACH and try to also share some photos...

Good luck to all us in the pipeline.

May our dreams come TRUE :wub:

Thanks.......time to log off....

It has been enjoyable as well as often nerve racking, these last couple of years following the threads here on CFL and then preparing for this day.

Would not be as well prepared without everyone's insight...

God bless!!!

I will report back on ACH and try to also share some photos...

Good luck to all us in the pipeline.

May our dreams come TRUE :lol:

Are you doing ACS? Make the appointment* before leaving the states, get your evolution of relationship letter notorized, they copied mine and the VO used it to ask wife some questions.

*thru the US Consulate (GUZ) website

Thanks for the wishes....

Flight went well. LAX was surprisingly chilly in the morning. At Narita, nothing about the H1N1 except before like to CAN. Received a small form to complete before boarding.

Thought health officials would enter the plane, but only visible screening was when reviewing passport. At station, they had a thermagram of all entering. So no worry on anyone coming on plane and checking or worrying about passengers nearby.

So very subtle screen, if I did not look back at entry station, I would not have seen the thermal imaging although I did see a video camera behind official.....

We grabbed 2 cabs at the airport and off we went to Haudu. My parents liked all the lights from the shops and businesses.

Guangzhou is hot, but not as bad as I had expected. But we quickly had to find my mother a mini-fan. One of those 2 AA battery operated mini-plastic whirlwinds.

Mei's family waited for our arrival at hotel near midnight. Great to see them again. They looked a lot better rested than us :D

Last night, large family get together for dinner at Mei's younger brother's home. Still have a hard time drinking bottled jet fuel :( My Dad had one taste and gave up....so I tried hard to keep up with the brothers solo....had to finally switch to beer....

Only sad news to report so far is that my expensive Epson Stylus printer is down for the count. Was ready to print some family photos and the printer would not turn on. Hand carried it, but somehow it didn't like something.......

Waiting for parents to get ready. They have never been early risers before heading to Shenzhen for the day to see Mei's younger cousin that is pregnant. And one of her good friends I met at the engagement dinner that has been diagnosed with breast cancer...

Also see her elder sister and show my parents some of the sights of Shenzhen.

Already over 100 photos, so I will try to post some soon....

If anyone has had any experience with trying to have a computer or printer repaired in Guangzhou, I would appreciate the insight....

I am guessing that one of the electronic malls that I have visited in the past make repairs to my Epson. Otherwise, I am going to have to buy a new color printer here....

Thanks.

If anyone has had any experience with trying to have a computer or printer repaired in Guangzhou, I would appreciate the insight....

I am guessing that one of the electronic malls that I have visited in the past make repairs to my Epson. Otherwise, I am going to have to buy a new color printer here....

Thanks.

try getting a voltage converter for the printer...