If I can't make it - affect outcome

I always recommend that if possible you should go. If nothing else it gives her emotional support. If you can't go because you would lose your job or some other dire consequence then don't worry about it.

Guest Wuhan4me

HaoRan -

there's been recent reports of USC attending ACS/ACH, getting some paperwork notarized, asking some questions. The VOs who talked with the USCs made additional notes in the beneficiarys' casefiles, and in many cases, the same VO that talked with the USC also interviewed the PRC beneficiary on interview day.

I would say it has an added benefit, as it __CAN__ help to strengthen the validity of any case - But does it help in all instances? HARD TO SAY ...

Of course, there's the emotional support of physical presence - but will missing out at ACS/ACH HURT your case? IMO, no. IMO, it can HELP, but the abscence not hurt.

OTOH, if you really feel there are red flags that you haven't covered yet in the petition casefile, then covering them in the ACH question/answer session WILL BE USEFUL. Only you know about any possible red-flags...

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

HaoRan -

there's been recent reports of USC attending ACS/ACH, getting some paperwork notarized, asking some questions. The VOs who talked with the USCs made additional notes in the beneficiarys' casefiles, and in many cases, the same VO that talked with the USC also interviewed the PRC beneficiary on interview day.

I would say it has an added benefit, as it __CAN__ help to strengthen the validity of any case - But does it help in all instances? HARD TO SAY ...

Of course, there's the emotional support of physical presence - but will missing out at ACS/ACH HURT your case? IMO, no. IMO, it can HELP, but the abscence not hurt.

OTOH, if you really feel there are red flags that you haven't covered yet in the petition casefile, then covering them in the ACH question/answer session WILL BE USEFUL. Only you know about any possible red-flags...

Ok, I need help with the acronyms.

USC = ? (US Consolate?)

VO = ? (visa official?)

ACS = ?

ACH = ?

I'm not clear on the process after arriving in Guangzhou. What is the Question/Answer session? The interview?

thanks in advance.

Guest Wuhan4me

USC = United States Citizen

VO = Visa Officer, also known as ConOff- Consular Officer - these folk perform the interviews for your beneficiary.

ACS = American Citizens Services - can get things notarized

ACH = American Citizens Hour - Can go and ASK QUESTIONS of a VO.

Basically, if you want to ask questions about your case, go to ACH. If you need to have documents notarized, go to ACS.

ACH is once a week

here's some info - http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

ACS is by appointment only - here's some info - http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/service.html and http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/no...ces_260608.html

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

HaoRan -

USC = ? (US Consolate?)

VO = ? (visa official?)

ACS = ?

ACH = ?

I'm not clear on the process after arriving in Guangzhou. What is the Question/Answer session? The interview?

thanks in advance.

Info on ACH: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18694

Click on the FAQ section on the top of the screen for a full list of acronyms.

USC = ? (US Consolate?)

US Citizen

VO = ? (visa official?)

Visa Officer

ACS = ?

American Citizen Services

ACH = ?

American Citizens Hour

The question/answer session is American Citizens Hour. You can go to ask questions about your case and or the process.

There's a chance I may not be able to make it to the interview to support my wife in Guangzhou.

Would that affect the outcome of the interview results?

tks

I don't think it will affect the outcome if you don't go,but I do believe if you do go,it helps,if that makes any sense.I didnt go for my wifes 1st interview she got denied.I went to her second interview,went to the ACH,and the ACS.i asked questions,the officer put all my concerns in the computer.My wife had lots of confidence,Me being there,she happily handed to the VO my passport.....we had much to overcome,i mean the wife had a denial first time around,but her 2nd interview 2 or 3 questions was asked and that was it,she got her visa.It helps,by you being there,it shows to the VO you do care about this person.But of course if you can't be there,then what can you do.I was unable to go to my wifes first interview because i had just started a new job.so if you can't,well you can't.not to worry.

Jimi

I always recommend that if possible you should go. If nothing else it gives her emotional support. If you can't go because you would lose your job or some other dire consequence then don't worry about it.

I agree! Like Carl said:

But then again? With past history of interviews.

It's looking like it helps.

I was there for my wifes interview and even went to ACH.

But we still got a BLUE. :D

Bottom line, ya never know what will happen during interview.

IMO: Be there for your girl. It will help her to relax and goto ACH before interview day.

Guest Pommey

I dont think anyone can say one way or the other, every case is individual.

However never heard anyone say they regreted being there as it had a negative effect on outcome.

If you cant go, you cant, if you can swing I would.

JMHO