• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you did not opt for electronic processing, then the case file may get stuck in the 3 month customs delay.

Moving this to "Consulate Process: P-3 ~ Interview" Forum.

Hello All,

Is DHL the only way NVC ship document to GUZ? Have anyone heard of any changes beside electronic processing? I should have opt for that but I did not.

Thanks

Joe

it's the only way NVC ever refers to. Search DHL using EXP 05 MAY 2009B. Give or take a day for the NVC reported ship date.

NVC says mine was sent 5/19 ( I use EXP 18 MAY 2009B). DHL shows the 5/19 package received on July 6. But there is no way to know if that package is mine. Or where my actual documents are.

DOS is saying the electronic version is there and the hard copy is not there.

:Dah:

SO... I figure you have to be in the consulate. I am sure I am...but..this is the frustrating part.....just not knowing.

I hope the weekend work detail clears up some backlog!!

:blink:

I didn't opt for the electronic processing but guess they did it anyway 'cuz shortly after I got the NOA2 and called DOS they said the P3 was sent.

Different case, you are K-1, this has no documents sent to NVC like DS-230, police cert, marriage cert, etc.. Like a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

In CR-1/IR-1 case normal procedure is for petitioner to send these things to NVC when requested, the newer electronic procedure requires these documents scanned by petitioner and emailed to NVC, and the physical documents are carried into the consulate when being interviewed.

MORE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37514

In the case of K-Visas I suspect that NVC will send them ALL electronically.

Hello All,

Is DHL the only way NVC ship document to GUZ? Have anyone heard of any changes beside electronic processing? I should have opt for that but I did not.

Thanks

Joe

it's the only way NVC ever refers to. Search DHL using EXP 05 MAY 2009B. Give or take a day for the NVC reported ship date.

NVC says mine was sent 5/19 ( I use EXP 18 MAY 2009B). DHL shows the 5/19 package received on July 6. But there is no way to know if that package is mine. Or where my actual documents are.

SO... I figure you have to be in the consulate. I am sure I am...but..this is the frustrating part.....just not knowing.

Still no news for us either. DOS is still saying the hard copy is not there.

DHL confirms that package was deleivered on June 24. It's a 9 pound package.

It's almost 2 weeks after DHL delivery.

Does anyone know what's the average days that Guangzhou will confirm after the DHL confirmed delivery?

Mei

Hello All,

Thanks

Joe

:rolleyes:

Does anyone know what's the average days that Guangzhou will confirm after the DHL confirmed delivery?

Mei

about 1 month

Hello All,

Is DHL the only way NVC ship document to GUZ?

Joe

it's the only way NVC ever refers to. .

DHL shows the 5/19 package received on July 6.

Mei

about 1 month

Mei - I though you were in... :lightning: rain on my parade!!

I think Dan & Juan is in, he was the same NVC out as you right?

HelloWorld08 - :rain: :rain: 3 weeks 5 days???

(wah...but thanks, I know you watch it pretty close)

Guest shutterbug

Mei

Attempting to track the packages through DHL is hit-and-miss. For one thing, most of the packages headed for Guangzhou do not show up when searched by the well publicized reference codes - think about it, about 30K immigrant visas are issued at this post each year, only a few one-pounder and a ten-pounder per week just won't cut it. Those who called DHL's customer service in China have been able to uncover many more tracking numbers, according to what they found from time to time up to 20 pieces were shipped under the same tracking number for a total weight of over 400(!) pounds - even then the list may not be complete.

Give the consulate at least two weeks after the date DHL *may* have delivered the goods...sit back and relax, your files will show up before long.

Hello All,

Joe

Mei

about 1 month

Mike,

Our package according to DHL was deleivered to Guangzhou (6/24) according to DHL. This is the same as Dan.

Hope this one contains both ours and Dan's file.

I am just wondering why it takes so much time for Guangzhou to acknowlege that they got the package.

Mei & Steve

Hello All,

Joe

Mei

about 1 month

Mike,

Our package according to DHL was deleivered to Guangzhou (6/24) according to DHL. This is the same as Dan.

I am just wondering why it takes so much time for Guangzhou to acknowlege that they got the package.

Mei & Steve

The reason is, GUZ only receive what they can handle, they don't want to over receive so they use DHL as a storage warehouse... they usually pull packages during the weekends and bring them back to the consulate for processing..

Mike,

Mei & Steve

You and Dan are interesting.

I haven't heard much from Dan, of course he's waiting. Like you and me....

It seems that DOS has confirmed his arrival. You have to be next!

I just found a guy on this site who has the same NVC out day as me.

Shadowman, But I can't PM him for some strange reason

Mike

Hello All,

Thanks

Joe

you don't indicate that you have an NVC out date...

If you are not 'OUT'... then you can still go electronic, I think.

Mike

The reason is, GUZ only receive what they can handle, they don't want to over receive so they use DHL as a storage warehouse... they usually pull packages during the weekends and bring them back to the consulate for processing..

That and the have DHL deliver the cases to the White Swan Hotel where they get placed in their warehouse.