Letter of Evolution of relationship

Hi everyone,

My fiance has an interview next week, I have been in ACH/ACH just certified my letter of intent.

Do I need a letter of evaluation for K-1 petition?

Thanks!

Evolution (EOR). Yes, you will need the evolution of relationship letter.

Good luck! Think pink!

Lots of talk about EOR and notarizing. :)

First, what exactly should be in this EOR letter, is there an example out there? I am updating my letter of "Circumstances Under Which We Met" that I sent in with I-129F and adding my recent trips to China. She will have pictures, phone record and plane/hotel receipts with her.

Second, I plan to get EOR notarized here in the USA before flying over in two weeks. Anything wrong with this? I do plan on attending the ACH but not ACS.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Lots of talk about EOR and notarizing. :)

First, what exactly should be in this EOR letter, is there an example out there? I am updating my letter of "Circumstances Under Which We Met" that I sent in with I-129F and adding my recent trips to China. She will have pictures, phone record and plane/hotel receipts with her.

Second, I plan to get EOR notarized here in the USA before flying over in two weeks. Anything wrong with this? I do plan on attending the ACH but not ACS.

As for an Evolution of Relationship, or EOR, as some are calling it, the best method is to communicate the information effectively. There is no standard format, but there is a method of getting the point across quickly using visual cues. To do that, stick with a timeline format. Use columns, and label with the month, year, and location on the left. Place a short synopsis of what you did, where you were, and what happened on the right. Try to keep enough space between the two columns that allow one to scan the information and clearly see the date. Also, use a grid to separate one section from another.

The idea is to "show the evolution" of how the relationship evolved from the start to where it is today.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

In my letter, I also added pictures with each section to tie the text to actual events.

Yes, an important point. Use cross-references to photographs that show the two of you together at specific points on the timeline. For example:

May 12, 2009--Beijing, China

Blah, blah, blah,

See photo attachment 2-7

Lots of talk about EOR and notarizing. :(

Get it notorized at ACH, you will be getting brownie points, it cost about 30 bucks but it will probably be the best 30 bucks you spent in your life. make an appointment at the consulate website.