Wife Wanted to Try Something New For Dinner

can add hot chili garlic sauce to it, mix it all 'round - is verra nice (if she likes hot food). I stopped eating pasta / rice / bread this year, so I envy you, a bit...

So what isasuff going for these days? 4 boxes for a dollar here in Portland. I hate it---to much work...

....by the time you add all the ingredients, including the oil and fresh milk, its no deal, plus, the fake cheese stiks to the spon..... no fun at all! ....jus keep struin' and sturni'..... nothin happens... and nobody wants to lic the spon!

Ying tried the microwave Kraft mac and cheese yesterday and liked it. It's not part of my regular diet, but it was OK. Thought it was odd because she HATES American processed cheese. I keep that around to throw on eggs or a quick sandwich. Have some muenster slices from the deli right now and she likes that pretty well. Provolone she likes too.

Hoo boy - i fondly remember mac n cheese, with a can o tuna, and some mayo.. and some garlic chili sauce. In a Big Bowl. With a Big Spoon.

Yum !

Hoo boy - i fondly remember mac n cheese, with a can o tuna, and some mayo.. and some garlic chili sauce. In a Big Bowl. With a Big Spoon.

Yum !

I want to be as far away from that as possible, that was about the only thing the ex-wife cooked, that and boiled hot dogs. Needless to say I was the one that did all the cooking for her and 2 teen aged girls.

Yan's a great cook, but told her we'll take turns.

Cedar - hey - no worries. It's an OLD memory, fondly remembered as 'what did I eat when I was poor?' ...

I cook. I have gear. I have skills. Unfortunately, for me, I'm on a 'low carb diet' till the end of the year - so its no rice, no noodles, no bread. I've gotten really good at turning almost anything into a wrap with lettuce with some interesting home made sauce.

I've tried presenting all sorts of foods containing cheese to my wife. She just doesn't like cheese in any way, shape, or form.

My wife hits the free samples at Costco. I saw her approach a table with real blue cheese and just waited... she turned blue like the cheese! :lol:

I'm so baaaad! :)

My wife is the same way about cheese.. After some encouragement, she finally likes real American mild cheddar cheese, particularly in grilled cheese sandwiches.

But when first coming to America from China, a combination of bumpy air, and nervousness on the final approach to Portland, she used the air-bag.

After that, any time I tried to introduce her to sharper cheeses, she always says---"smells like on the airplane'.

Guest Tony n Terrific

My wife is the same way about cheese.. After some encouragement, she finally likes real American mild cheddar cheese, particularly in grilled cheese sandwiches.

But when first coming to America from China, a combination of bumpy air, and nervousness on the final approach to Portland, she used the air-bag.

After that, any time I tried to introduce her to sharper cheeses, she always says---"smells like on the airplane'.

My wife does not like cheeses either. I brought some Parmasean cheese with me on my last trip to Nanning and she told me chao, pooey pooey. I fooled her and marinated an antipasto salad with it in it and sprinkled some on fish that she made. No complaints

My wife does not like cheeses either. I brought some Parmasean cheese with me on my last trip to Nanning and she told me chao, pooey pooey. I fooled her and marinated an antipasto salad with it in it and sprinkled some on fish that she made. No complaints

Typical Italian! :cheering: :P

What happened to the feta - most Chinese will love it once you use it on your salad! :clapping: